Kyle Trask justifying preseason respect

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just a couple more... PFF has him really low at # 48 on their stupid list... 2020 College Football Quarterback Rankings: All 130 FBS starters | College Football | PFF

Meanwhile CFBS has him #8 on theirs... College Football Quarterback Rankings

First PFF focus is on an NFL scale and how those skills translate. Be who are the scouts for CFBS, honestly looks like a really questionable source whose site is powered by WordPress and run by bloggers. This isn't a rating by scouts or football people for football people, but just a blog.

Now I think Trask is a much better college player than Pro Prospect, and should be much higher than 48th if rating college production for this upcoming season. But to make an argument with this garbage site is on the mental level of injun. So put your helmet back on, and go lick windows. I'm sure your turn with the play-doh will coming up shortly.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First PFF focus is on an NFL scale and how those skills translate. Be who are the scouts for CFBS, honestly looks like a really questionable source whose site is powered by WordPress and run by bloggers. This isn't a rating by scouts or football people for football people, but just a blog.

Now I think Trask is a much better college player than Pro Prospect, and should be much higher than 48th if rating college production for this upcoming season. But to make an argument with this garbage site is on the mental level of injun. So put your helmet back on, and go lick windows. I'm sure your turn with the play-doh will coming up shortly.
True but we dont need him to be a Pro QB, and he probably wont be one.

All we need is for him to run Dan Mullinz offense and the passing game is basically middle school football. Trash ability to hit short and medium passes is fine. His decision making doesnt worry me much. DBs cant catch.

Im way more worried about a playcaller who cant gice up the option. Worst case we get a Brantley/Trey Burton mix w two guys who are better than each.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True but we dont need him to be a Pro QB, and he probably wont be one.

All we need is for him to run Dan Mullinz offense and the passing game is basically middle school football. Trash ability to hit short and medium passes is fine. His decision making doesnt worry me much. DBs cant catch.

Im way more worried about a playcaller who cant gice up the option. Worst case we get a Brantley/Trey Burton mix w two guys who are better than each.

Donkey, I agree we don't need him to be a pro qb, and he isn't. But he is a solid college quarterback. As I said in the other thread, if he was in a Spurrier ran offense the conversation and his stats would be more reflective of his ability on the college level. He would be a perfect fit for Spurrier as a coachable player and a drop back passer.

KillerGator

Jul 19, 2020

First of all, the PFF rankings are of the best college quarterbacks... they do not claim to be a pro projection at all. Having Trask at 48 is stupid on a list of college QBs, especially when you consider a lot of the names ahead of him.

Second, you are right CFBS may be a blogger or bloggers, but that does not mean they don't know football. The list seems quite reasonable to me, even if it is while I am licking windows.

My point was to share two lists that were not in the original post... 1 which I thought was a low ranking and one which I thought was more accurate.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
First of all, the PFF rankings are of the best college quarterbacks... they do not claim to be a pro projection at all. Having Trask at 48 is stupid on a list of college QBs, especially when you consider a lot of the names ahead of him.

When the quarterbacks are being scouted by pro scouts, of course they are being scouted with what they know. It's obvious by the stats and analytics they use what they are referring. But you are focused on the 48, not the source.

Second, you are right CFBS may be a blogger or bloggers, but that does not mean they don't know football. The list seems quite reasonable to me, even if it is while I am licking windows.

"Knowing football" and Knowing football are two different things. If you are talking to a guy that knows cars or a certified mechanic whose qualifications are known, whose advice are you going to take in how to repair your car?

The person you know the credentials or the person that just says I'm a blogger.

My point was to share two lists that were not in the original post... 1 which I thought was a low ranking and one which I thought was more accurate.

Which says a lot about you. If you were using a more reputable source, an understandable conversation could be made, but you found a source that agreed with your personal opinion instead of something reputable.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

tenor.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
With all these players doing the social justice messaging thing now, I would love to see Trask put something on the back of his helmet like @Swamp Donkey or Trash Donkey.

Yes. And it needs to be captured by the artist when they make his statue just like they got Tebow's eye black John 3:16. I will donate the first $100.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WHAT IF????

What if Trask went to Houston Baptist? Would he be the starter?

Underreaction of the week
While Lance was the FCS quarterback most of the college football world was focused on Saturday, the real star was Bailey Zappe at Houston Baptist.

Zappe's four-game season came to an end with a dramatic 33-30 win over Eastern Kentucky in which he added to his already eye-popping stat line with 380 yards and three TDs.

It was actually a pretty mundane performance by Zappe's standards.

Houston Baptist opted to play in the fall, signing up for a four-game slate against EKU and three FBS schools, but that didn't stop Zappe from putting up a season's worth of passing yards against seemingly better competition.

He finished his season with 15 touchdown passes, one pick and an astonishing 1,833 passing yards. How ridiculous is that tally? That's more yards in four games than 10 FBS teams had in all of 2019, including Kentucky and Northwestern.

Like it or not, the SEC will again be the center of the CFB world in 2020

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics