Kyle Trask plans to return to UF for 2020 season

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about all that, now. Trask performed better than expected, but to say he'll be the top QB in the SEC next year is pushing it. That's assuming you meant the conference when you said, "in the league." If you meant the whole NCAA, that's really a stretch.

Trask showed himself to be what he is, in my opinion: A quality backup. A serviceable place-holder if you lose your starter. In this particular instance, he's as good or better than the starter we had. But frankly (no pun intended), that's not saying much. I'm not sold on EJ, either. I don't see us winning any championships with any of those three under center.

Unless we somehow snag a Joe Burrow-caliber graduate transfer, I believe our limited options at QB next year are most likely going to cap our ceiling at another 10-2 with no playoff appearance. My hope is that we improve in every other aspect enough so that in 2021 we can make a convincing case to the nation's #1 HS QB that he's the only missing piece of the puzzle.

I meant the SEC and it isn't a stretch. Trask is currently third in the league in completion percentage, passing TDs, and QB rating. He's 4th in passing yards, but he also has 100 fewer attempts than the guy in front of him. He's proven that he's a quality starter, even with his inexperience.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Assuming Tua leaves, Trask may be considered as the top QB in the league next year. Glad he's coming back, but can't help but wonder if he's better off transferring to a school that is better suited for his skillset. Of course, we are better off with him staying. It's good he loves being a gator.
No offense. Your advice sucks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It beats the normal 0-10-1 stuff.
He hadn't gotten around to that yet, but it was coming. We have enough "our-fan-base-is-the-worst-in-the-country-yet-I-am-a-superior-fan-and-above-it-all" members. Don't need another one.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
131443075153-Abandon_thread_Jim.gif

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
He hadn't gotten around to that yet, but it was coming. We have enough "our-fan-base-is-the-worst-in-the-country-yet-I-am-a-superior-fan-and-above-it-all" members. Don't need another one.
look at you two negative Nelly’s getting along. It warms my heart

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin, you've taken quite a beating lately, which happens after so many embarrassing posts. I'm glad to see you seem to be recovering nicely.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Can't we have a newer toy to play with? Please? I'll be good.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Slevin, you've taken quite a beating lately, which happens after so many embarrassing posts. I'm glad to see you seem to be recovering nicely.
I’m pretty sure everything I post here garners heavy consideration for post of the year. I’m sorry that my gospel hasn’t reached you yet. I will try harder

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Trask comes back and is our starting QB, then great as long as Mullen stops trying to shoehorn his square peg skillset into his round hole offense. Imagine how good Trask could be if we could block and even (god forbid) run the ball some.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know about all that, now. Trask performed better than expected, but to say he'll be the top QB in the SEC next year is pushing it. That's assuming you meant the conference when you said, "in the league." If you meant the whole NCAA, that's really a stretch.

Trask showed himself to be what he is, in my opinion: A quality backup. A serviceable place-holder...

Yeaaahhhhh....You must be high. Currently, Trask is third in the SEC. Behind only Burrow and Tua. With those two gone, it's likely he could be the top-performing QB in the SEC. Currently, 3rd in the SEC puts him ahead of 11 other starters with much more experience than he has.
1) Burrow
2) Tua
3)Trask... I'd say that's a smidge better than "serviceable backup" or "placeholder".

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trask will be a Heisman candidate next year. I'm afraid EJ will probably transfer.
Why is everyone so concerned EJ would transfer is Trask returns. He'd have to sit out a year anyway before playing in 2021. May as well get some playing time in 2020...knowing he's an injury away from being the strater...and knowing the job is his to lose in 2021. The only way I see him transferring next year is if we bring in Gatewood or if AR comes in as a true freshman and passes him on the depth chart. I think EJ stays, expecting to be the starter in 2021.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why is everyone so concerned EJ would transfer is Trask returns. He'd have to sit out a year anyway before playing in 2021. May as well get some playing time in 2020...knowing he's an injury away from being the strater...and knowing the job is his to lose in 2021. The only way I see him transferring next year is if we bring in Gatewood or if AR comes in as a true freshman and passes him on the depth chart. I think EJ stays, expecting to be the starter in 2021.

The way with the transfer portal working, a lot of players (especially qbs) are getting to be eligible the next season. So it's a rational fear.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
EJ's best option is to stay. Nobody's is gonna offer him a better situation than the one he'll be stepping into come 2021. But It seems like the staff has gone out of their way to keep him engaged this year. Also, were letting gatewood visit. That tells me they may be worried. Now, as law mentioned, gatewood probably wouldn't be eligible next year. But hed give AR someone to compete with in 2021. So just on the surface, it seems like the staff may be a little worried.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The way with the transfer portal working, a lot of players (especially qbs) are getting to be eligible the next seasonl.
That isnt "The Transfer Portal" that is "The Waiver Process" and it was going on before "The Transfer Portal".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.