Kyle Trask plans to return to UF for 2020 season

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That isnt "The Transfer Portal" that is "The Waiver Process" and it was going on before "The Transfer Portal".

True, but the new system is the transfer portal, and the waiver process has become a joke the last 5 years. Skill position, almost automatically accepted, linemen sit a year.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The way with the transfer portal working, a lot of players (especially qbs) are getting to be eligible the next season. So it's a rational fear.
Who other than the kid for Ohio state who claimed racism has that worked for? Serious question. Idk?

Edit: Forgot about Grimes. I think he was granted eligibility but his was supposedly a family issue.?.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I

I get the silliness of not playing Dak earlier, but Cam? What and bench Tebow? Besides, that prolly would have been Urbs call, not Dan’s.
No one said bench Tebow, but we promised Cam he could do the same role Tebow did we Leak, oresumably to keep Tebow from breaking things and getting concussions. CUM even talked about it innthe spring, then it didnt happen except two plays or so vs Tinerc.

Dan has a track record.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
No one said bench Tebow, but we promised Cam he could do the same role Tebow did we Leak, oresumably to keep Tebow from breaking things and getting concussions. CUM even talked about it innthe spring, then it didnt happen except two plays or so vs Tinerc.

Dan has a track record.
Tebow NEVER needed or should have been pulled from a game to be "rested". That's ridiculous.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who other than the kid for Ohio state who claimed racism has that worked for? Serious question. Idk?

Edit: Forgot about Grimes. I think he was granted eligibility but his was supposedly a family issue.?.

If you look 51 out of the 64 who applied last year were granted immediate eligibility.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow NEVER needed or should have been pulled from a game to be "rested". That's ridiculous.
Yes, better for him to play w a concussion and a broken arm.

And to not develop a backup, just in case.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, better for him to play w a concussion and a broken arm.

And to not develop a backup, just in case.
WTF are you talking about? You are drunk as hell. Only a clown like you would clamor to bench the greatest college QB of all time, a guy that supposedly missed so much time with these injuries that he was at the Heisman ceremony 3 years in a row. He missed one game with the concussion (I think), and I don't even know what you are talking about with a broken arm. Did you just make that injury up to support your retarded point?

Give me a smartass remark so I can give you two months off.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
WTF are you talking about? You are drunk as hell. Only a clown like you would clamor to bench the greatest college QB of all time, a guy that supposedly missed so much time with these injuries that he was at the Heisman ceremony 3 years in a row. He missed one game with the concussion (I think), and I don't even know what you are talking about with a broken arm. Did you just make that injury up to support your retarded point?

Dickweed.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Tebow never missed any time with the concussion, we had a bye week after UK and he was back for LSU. He also broke his right hand against FSU in '07, hence why he had the cast for the Heisman ceremony. It was healed by the time we played Michigan in the bowl that year. He never missed a game.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Tebow never missed any time with the concussion, we had a bye week after UK and he was back for LSU. He also broke his right hand against FSU in '07, hence why he had the cast for the Heisman ceremony. It was healed by the time we played Michigan in the bowl that year. He never missed a game.
Thanks, forgot about the hand injury.

The idea of bringing in Tebow when Leak was QB made some sense, due to rushing reasons, etc. The idea of bringing Cam Newton in to spell Tebow is an arrangement that makes no sense. There was no reason to pull Tebow off the field, at least while the game was still in doubt.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dickweed.

DdPvzRN.gif

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A lot of good thoughts in this thread. We are in a pretty good place with 3 returning QB's assuming Franks comes back. I think Trask should have the upper hand but IF and that is a very big IF, the oline learns how to run block during the offseason does Franks and or EJ have a level playing field? How much did this years WR group help out KT?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Same question for you. This isn't really about a statistical analysis because you don't know the stats of the QBs that Trask will be competing against next year. That is, IF he's even named the starter.

Let's put it this way -- last year at this time, would you have projected Trask to have the stats that he has right now? No, because you didn't even know he'd be playing. So as we sit here now, how can you measure him against next year's QBs when you even know who they'll be yet?

Like Trask at this time last year, there are QBs with no stats to speak of at present who will find themselves under center in the SEC next year. Some may turn out to be better than Trask. I think that's pretty likely. One could make a pretty good argument that his much ballyhooed stats are largely a product of our lack of a consistent running game.

What I'm saying is, just watching this guy play relative to other quarterbacks I've seen over a lifetime of watching football, he's not the kind of player who makes my toes tingle, like good ol' Mad Dog Mandich used to say. I don't see him as someone you can rely on to be a game changer. He doesn't suck, he's not "trash," but he's simply not a championship-caliber QB in my opinion.

I never said Trask would finish next year as the top QB of the league. But going into the season, he'll statistically be the first or second best returning QB.

Also, he's not a championship-caliber QB in Mullen's offense. I agree with that. However, if he transferred to LSU (and Brady is still there), he absolutely could win a championship next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator