Kyle Trask to start against Kentucky?

How would you grade the Gators in Week 2?

• A

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • B

Votes: 88 63.3%
  • C

Votes: 30 21.6%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Silly me. I thought Franks played pretty well.

And QB is not the weakness of this team; it's the o-line. As pretty much everyone expected.
Agree but your last statement isn’t accurate. Many assured us that OL wasn’t a concern because Hev is a known miracle worker.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Be honest. It’s the type of offense you don’t like, not the QB. Franks isnt stellar but hes doing alright this year.
Nope. He was awful against the Canes. Brutal TO's. And then he was completely pedestrian against a woefully overmatched opponent today. We've seen his schtick for 3+ years now. Its not good.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Nope. He was awful against the Canes. Brutal TO's. And then he was completely pedestrian against a woefully overmatched opponent today. We've seen his schtick for 3+ years now. Its not good.
He was fine today. Completed what he was asked, for the most part. Last week, outside the two INTs, he wasn’t bad. And even that first INT happens to every QB. Second was atrocious but those happen with him.

My point is... He’s not a good enough runner to really make the offense hum or cover OL deficiencies. He completes the passes he’s supposed to, mostly, and had improved in the TO department. This offense just isn’t a great fit for him.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Just got back from the swamp, and sadly it seems everyone in here is correct. Franks is just too slow in his ability to read and react, the line stinks and worst of all our running backs got nothing against a terrible team.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
He was fine today. Completed what he was asked, for the most part. Last week, outside the two INTs, he wasn’t bad. And even that first INT happens to every QB. Second was atrocious but those happen with him.

My point is... He’s not a good enough runner to really make the offense hum or cover OL deficiencies. He completes the passes he’s supposed to, mostly, and had improved in the TO department. This offense just isn’t a great fit for him.
I get it, but it just isn't good enough. Not by a long shot. I'm sitting here watching the USC/Stanford game and both teams are playing backup QB's in their first games. They both look better than anyone we have. Frustrating as hell.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why people are picking on Franks. He played well and was the least of our problems tonight. I thought the play calling was kind of tedious and rather pedestrian. I'm not a fan of horizontal passing games. And in the first half the o-line played like hot garbage. This game was against freakin' UT Martin. Seriously, where the f**k is Martin, Tennessee and how did UF's o-line let their puny d-line push them around for a large chunk of the game? Against a better SEC team we'll get manhandled if they continue to play like they are. I thought the backs did well with what they were given.

Sure, we won by 45.....like we were supposed to. But when eyeing the elite competition we look like also rans.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said earlier, I'm more concerned with establishing our run game than with Franks. We have to get that going or we're screwed
Sigh. You guys act like the threat/non threat of Franks running has nothing to do with opening up the run game. It does. The run game is NOT going to "get going" with Franks back there. Defenses now have an entire year of film on him and it's not going to end well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure why people are picking on Franks. He played well and was the least of our problems tonight.
You honestly think Franks' 3 yard passes 25 times tonight is going to get it done against the likes of UGA and LSU?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sigh. You guys act like the threat/non threat of Franks running has nothing to do with opening up the run game. It does. The run game is NOT going to "get going" with Franks back there. Defenses now have an entire year of film on him and it's not going to end well.
Sooooo.... your plan is to put Trask in there to fix the problem.?. He can’t even run a route on air, in a non-contact jersey, without breaking a foot.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sooooo.... your plan is to put Trask in there to fix the problem?
There isn't a single doubt in my mind, NOT ONE, that Trask would have a better game than Franks if they both played a full game against the same opponent. Trask is a better passer than Franks, period. Neither one of them run well enough to be a fit in this offense....period. I was willing to see if Franks took a step forward on the field this year but so far it's painfully obvious he has not. Teams will be selling out to stop the run all season, and I don't blame them.

Part of me would rather just put Emory Jones in there and let him make mistakes and take our lumps and be ready to go next season.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's true. He made two throws that a QB can make, all the others could have been made by my wife.

Sideways nonsense all night long. It will fail miserably against the big boys.
Was Franks calling the plays? The kid executed the offense that was called very well last night.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Was Franks calling the plays? The kid executed the offense that was called very well last night.
Did you ever think plays are called that way because the coaching staff has little to no faith in the guy?

I really don't have to keep harping on this. It will become painfully obvious as the year goes on. You damn well know it, MJM - and so do the others giving me downvotes.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That’s Mullen’s offense. Always has been and always will be.
You're a clown if you think Franks is going to take our Gators anywhere. An absolute clown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.