Lack of Speed

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bayou gator;n79060 said:
Reading comprehension, gauging hyperbole, and sarcasm detection aren't your strong suits are they? I said BOTH QB & WR play were issues. We have had one of the most spastic and erratic quarterbacks any of us have ever seen, combined with a group of wide receivers that have not been coached. Both need to be addressed. As for the running backs, I seriously don't give a damn what Muschamp says in a press conference. Their absence from the field is more than enough to warrant a comment... Regardless of how ridiculous you may think it is.

My reading comprehension is fine. Perhaps your comments regarding the running backs were meant to be sarcastic. Your comment
EuroGator;n79036 said:
I put more of the blame on Driskel
can't be explained by hyperbole or sarcasm. So, I'll take your word and admit that I missed your hyperbole regarding Taylor and Lane, though in view of the entirety of your post, as well as the board's overall tone right now, I don't think it's unreasonable to think your comments were sincere. Regardless, I maintain that you were blaming Driskel for the WRs poor play - at least giving him more blame than the coaches who you also cited. If the WRs aren't catching the ball or running routes well, or giving their all - that's on them. There's no way I'll believe that they haven't been practicing catching and route running throughout the summer and fall camp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n78959 said:
It should feel so much better to be dead on the money years before anyone else recognizes it.

And yes, it still bothers me.

Well, at least we got Marshall. How could you not make that trade?

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
soflagator;n78512 said:
That's what Muschamp wanted. He didn't want speed. He wanted big physical players that would grind down opponents and win 14-10. It's been his blueprint since he took the job. Only recently did he sort of discover that his whole concept was flawed--especially considering the speed we have in this state and region--and decide we were going to switch to more of an up-tempo spread team. In short, it's his fault that we only have a few fast guys.

This is exactly right! When he started at UF he wanted to build a team that could beat BAMA and that is how he saw it happening, big bruising types rather than the slim quick types we had on the team under Meyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.