Lane Kiffin spurns Auburn, signs extension

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure that 'Barn is an upgrade from Ole Piss. But he'll be back in a big meat grinder again. I see a Kiffin-Barn relationship ending like it did in Knoxville. A lot of couches will be burned.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look what Auburn has on their roster and what Ole Miss has on their roster.

I would stay. That QB can't transfer with him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin says it's all news to him. Y'all can go to bed now.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I disagree. You’ve got a much better shot of winning a NC at Auburn than at Ole Miss. Saban won’t be at Bama forever, my guess is 3-4 more years tops, which will make the path easier. Plus, he’ll get a $2-$3 million annual raise.

Most jobs, I might tend to agree with you. But let’s not forget, the guy they fired before the guy they recently fired had more head to head wins over Nick Saban than anyone in the country. The guy before him lasted one year past a NC, largely because he was booed by hecklers as he got off the plane day 1 and was basically fired before he began. And the guy recently was falsely accused by boosters and admin of having an affair just because they had buyers remorse in year 1. They’re like the Raiders, Browns and (sorry J) Dolphins all wrapped into one bizarrely run school. I’d want nothing to do with that.

But as Ox said, he’s not a NC caliber coach anyway. All the more reason the move is extremely questionable.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
But as Ox said, he’s not a NC caliber coach anyway. All the more reason the move is extremely questionable.
Because it's a "splash hire" that will get the fans excited for the first year. Not so much the second year. He doesn't recruit worth a sh!t at any point in his tenure, because he hates recruiting and that's backed up by every HS coach hating his guts.

By the third year, they are wondering how much longer they have to look at his pouty face, but by the end of that year Kiffin makes it easy for them by taking another job, leaving the cupboard bare and the program in shambles.

My wife can't stand him and is dismayed by this possibility. Over the years, he constantly coached his players to fake a cramp whenever Auburn was driving the field and had the defense on their heels. He LOVES that cheating move. Pisses her off royally.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
He has no shot at winning a NC with anyone, ever.

I never said he was NC coach material, I said there’s a better chance of winning the NC at Auburn than at Ole Miss.

It doesn’t matter that you think Kiffin isn’t good enough to win the natty. What matters is that Kiffin thinks he’s a good enough coach to win it, which means he’s probably going to choose a school where he thinks his odds of winning it all are better.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn’t matter that you think Kiffin isn’t good enough to win the natty. What matters is that Kiffin thinks he’s a good enough coach to win it, which means he’s probably going to choose a school where he thinks his odds of winning it all are better.
I really don't think he cares about winning a Natty. I really don't. I think he wants to make as much money as possible. The fans at Auburn are going to eat him alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator