Lane Kiffin spurns Auburn, signs extension

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am going to throw out another name, not specifically for the Barn job, but perhaps for something a bit down the road. Cliff Kingsbury. I do not think he is long for the NFL. And some school might give a lot of credence initially to NFL experience and not consider his so so time at TTech.
I actually just came to this thread to say I'm seeing more and more talk about this especially after yesterdays Cardinals game.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I actually just came to this thread to say I'm seeing more and more talk about this especially after yesterdays Cardinals game.
Josh Pate mentioned Chip Kelly as a possibility and I’ve heard on other shows that Dabo’s people have reached out to Auburn about it. Maybe he’s angling for an extension but I have a feeling it’ll be an out of left field hire like lsu and usc last year

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo made Clemson what it is. He's being paid handsomely for it. I don't see him leaving, and esp not for his alma mater's main rival in some sort of rescue mission.

Liberty is said to be putting together a coaching search. Auburn, it would appear, will have the two most reviled coaches in college athletics on its staff, Hugh Freeze and Bruce Pearl.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I've seen the barn is cooling on Freeze and may be looking at Brian Johnson.

Kingsbury is too boojee for Auburn.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Some folks are speculating that urbie will go to Cincy since he graduated from there and his son is somehow involved with the university. I think that would be a great place for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator