Lane Kiffin spurns Auburn, signs extension

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
The thing is I think Kiffin actually wants to coach and be successful. He doesn't strike me as a guy just trying to trick a team into a payday only to kickback and wait to be bought out. I mean he made some pretty big money at usc already and did a lot at the low levels after to get back to the bigs. That doesn't scream just give me money so I can chill.
perhaps some of his Dad is rubbing off on him...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, I’m sure Kiffin wouldn’t be dishonest about anything. No sir, no way.

Hell, I viewed that meeting as confirmation that he was leaving for certain.

I never cease to be amazed at the extent to which athletes and coaches will go to lie and deceive about their intentions. This would take it to an almost new level even for Kiffin. He deserves whatever bad comes from it if he lied to his players in a meeting just before their biggest rivalry game.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Even doubling his salary, AUB boosters dominate every decision made. I'd have waited for another school with more freedom. If he sputters, where else can he go?

Does Ole Miss go after Sanders? The guy can recruit.

Fact is stranger than fiction.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does Ole Miss go after Sanders? The guy can recruit.
Is this stupid myth still based on that one RB recruit he got from FSU?

There's no real evidence that Sanders can either coach or recruit. He's pretty much at a high school, and any big names he gets is due to $$$, not him. It would be lunacy for any SEC team to hire him, even Vandy.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

There's no real evidence that Sanders can either coach or recruit. He's pretty much at a high school, and any big names he gets is due to $$$, not him. It would be lunacy for any SEC team to hire him, even Vandy.
I’m hoping that after NorveLLL proves to be a dud, the clowns hire Sanders.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

I heard AUB was looking.
Deon is everything I dislike in a coach or celebrity.
I just heard it on a podcast. There is also talk FSU is interested in Sanders.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Which is why I fully expect it to be the Vols after Heupel leaves them in the dust

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
According to the report, Kiffin told his players that he had not accepted any job offers at a different school.

"He told the players his focus was on Mississippi State and nothing else and that any reports out there about his accepting another offer were totally false," sources told ESPN.

Have you people learned NOTHING from Bill Clinton???

He told the players he has not ACCEPTED a job offer at a different school.

Where's the lie?

Doesn't mean there isn't an offer on the table. Doesn't mean his agent hasn't been in contact with their administration. Doesn't mean there isn't an agreement in principle.

All it means is that he hasn't officially signed on the dotted line. Yet.

If he really is going to Auburn, he's not doing it until after the Egg Bowl. Duh. So why officially accept the offer before that?

This is classic coach-speak. His statement is utterly meaningless.

Alex.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Have you people learned NOTHING from Bill Clinton???

He told the players he has not ACCEPTED a job offer at a different school.

Where's the lie?

Doesn't mean there isn't an offer on the table. Doesn't mean his agent hasn't been in contact with their administration. Doesn't mean there isn't an agreement in principle.

All it means is that he hasn't officially signed on the dotted line. Yet.

If he really is going to Auburn, he's not doing it until after the Egg Bowl. Duh. So why officially accept the offer before that?

This is classic coach-speak. His statement is utterly meaningless.

Alex.
To be honest this sounds very much like a coach moving on. Or at least undecided.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The Kiff did not look happy last night and his team stumbled through the end of the season. Hmm...

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very interesting. He signed a big extension a month ago.
"Hugh Freeze has reportedly agreed to an eight-year contract extension at Liberty that would keep him with the Flames through 2030, pending a buyout. It would also pay him $40 million, fully guaranteed, over the course of those eight years, which shakes out to $5 million per year.Oct 30, 2022."
But, "The buyout is not hefty enough to keep a certain SEC team in, say, Alabama from potentially poaching him."

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
While I do not really wish to see Freeze at Auburn, it will be a healthy counter to uga and will also be one more chink in Saban’s armor which may speed up his calling it quits.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics