Larry Vettel

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
fetch

Oh My! I didn't know that was what Mick Hubert looked like.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n239628 said:
fetch

Oh My! I didn't know that was what Mick Hubert looked like.
I was expecting an indian guy , with the last name of vettel.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
PatDooleySucks;n239605 said:
I have no idea what his reasons are. I just find it odd and borderline unprofessional to announce your leaving and your last show the next day. It's not really respectful to any of the fans that he actually has. And unless he informed his employer long before, it's burning a bridge with WRUF

Without knowing his reasons either, I think you're way off base with your assumptions. A man with his career longevity wouldn't have pulled stupid stunts like quitting on air and not notifying his managment ahead of time, especially if he wants to continue any kind of career up north. As to announcing on air the day before, that only makes sense. You don't want the last week or two of calls to get muddled with 'miss ya, good luck' crap; you want it to be business as usual and address the topics that need to be addressed. This approach leaves only one day, his last, for those kinds of calls - something appropriate for closing out a running program with your fan base. Nothing unprofessional here, just smart. If he didn't think of it, I'm sure management did.

Personally, while I appreciate what the guy did for Gator media over the years, and his even keel approach to questioning coaches and players without an agenda, I'm not going to miss him. The even keel was also even toned and easily faded to the background. Professional, but quiet and reserved to the point of being unremarkable. Didn't screw it up, didn't set it on fire.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad;n239597 said:
Also knowledgeable
Knowledgeable about what?

Unfortunately he, Dooley and Andreu are cut from the same cloth. Perhaps courteous, though I'm not so sure with Dooley lately, and maybe fun at a cocktail party but none of them seem to know shiiit about what they cover and none seem to have any sources either. They are all stagnant relics from the 80s when no one really cared about Gator sports. Or perhaps they are relics of an era that produced Verne Lundquist-types that somehow watch sports all their lives as a profession and still don't know things like formations or the most basic of plays.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, better be radio... dude is not aging well...

Dec 10, 2014
Law98gator;n239665 said:
Knowledgeable about what?

Unfortunately he, Dooley and Andreu are cut from the same cloth. Perhaps courteous, though I'm not so sure with Dooley lately, and maybe fun at a cocktail party but none of them seem to know shiiit about what they cover and none seem to have any sources either. They are all stagnant relics from the 80s when no one really cared about Gator sports. Or perhaps they are relics of an era that produced Verne Lundquist-types that somehow watch sports all their lives as a profession and still don't know things like formations or the most basic of plays.

I think it's telling that every guy you mentioned is about 50 pounds overweight. A lot of apathy for themselves and to me that was channeled through their work.

Dooley (obviously) is the biggest offender (pun intended). On top of the grammatical errors, cutesy soccer mom columns full of pointless sentiment, the constant references to his daughter and the gym, the music references nobody wants, the guy never breaks a damn story. And he never challenges the status quo. Are you telling me that you're not going to say Muschamp needs to go after the Georgia Southern game? That's his job, and he just recycled some canned article.

Vettel and Andreu are exactly the same. Both allergic to hard work and taking a position contrary to the UAA.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Professionally speaking, I never liked Vettel. Don't know him personally, I just don't love his performances.
(I do like Steve Russell though)

I would not mind seeing Mick Hubert follow Larry Vettel out the door. Sorry, not sorry. Somebody had to say it.

We've got James Bates who is fresh and funny and knows the game who would jump at the chance to come on board.

We could also get the Voice of the UCF Knights Marc Daniels. Dude has a face made for radio but he is a Gator alum, great voice, and he really knows his stuff. Super smart, always does his homework, and thinks quickly on his feet.

I feel bad talking about other people's jobs. I mean, they've got families to feed too. But I want the best for my Gators.

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was offered the position to replace him. I declined, primarily over money. They offered $11.25 an hour, which they told me is actually more than Vettel was making.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I didn't think Foley or the UAA controlled that payroll.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n240004 said:
I was offered the position to replace him. I declined, primarily over money. They offered $11.25 an hour, which they told me is actually more than Vettel was making.

I heard the same. And declined also.

I also heard that the money spent replacing the hamsters at GSMB came directly out of Dooley's Christmas bonus, which of course explains his anger at the Gidiots who dared to say that Muststank sucked.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
A Yankee is moving away from Florida? Nice start. Now take a million more with you. Take some Red Sox also.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n243051 said:
Did you notice in the article he moved to Florida when he was in the third grade? Dude acts like he got a street education on the mean streets.
I just seen that, that's hilarious.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what happened for him to leave so abruptly. I'm fixing to start rumors here .

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb