Latest on mesh wifi

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got this phuking Orbi and went to set it up. Downloaded the app, everything going along easy peezy. Then it totally hangs up on the last god dam step. So I reboot everything and start over. Same thing. Now I'm into it almost an hour. Finally resort to calling Jugdish Patel who I can barely understand and after resetting everything again and bypassing the stupid app we were able to access the gateway through a web browser and finish the last couple of settings. Seems to be working ok, gotta test the range, but damn was a frustrating waste of 3 hours I didn't need this morning.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Got this phuking Orbi and went to set it up. Downloaded the app, everything going along easy peezy. Then it totally hangs up on the last god dam step. So I reboot everything and start over. Same thing. Now I'm into it almost an hour. Finally resort to calling Jugdish Patel who I can barely understand and after resetting everything again and bypassing the stupid app we were able to access the gateway through a web browser and finish the last couple of settings. Seems to be working ok, gotta test the range, but damn was a frustrating waste of 3 hours I didn't need this morning.
sounds like user error

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Got good speed out on the patio way on the other end of the house.
IMG_2279.PNG

The signal drops on the other end of my property where the garage is and the RV is parked. I'll see if moving the router around a little bit helps with that.

The main thing is to see whether over time this thing remains a solid connection of if it drops offline randomly like the current system.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Got good speed out on the patio way on the other end of the house.
View attachment 55308

The signal drops on the other end of my property where the garage is and the RV is parked. I'll see if moving the router around a little bit helps with that.

The main thing is to see whether over time this thing remains a solid connection of if it drops offline randomly like the current system.
that's great speed.

It'll last time wise.
Playing around with the location of the satellite is definitely ideal to get the most of it. Pretty sure you can always add another satellite too if you need, but I'm not 100% if specific models hinder that. Deet might know

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I has wifi. Wifi work. Wifi good. Wifi bring internet. Wifi make me happy.
Confused Eddie Redmayne GIF by Aardman Animations

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My orbi has worked flawlessly for years. I have found that I get a much better mesh network the higher I can place the router and satellite. I also think the 2g signal is way better than the 5g.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
that's great speed.

It'll last time wise.
Playing around with the location of the satellite is definitely ideal to get the most of it. Pretty sure you can always add another satellite too if you need, but I'm not 100% if specific models hinder that. Deet might know
He can add a satellite in his garage if readjusting doesn't work. If you do add a satellite @Zambo make sure it connect to the MAIN ROUTER and not the other satellite. I think it works either way, but you lose NOTHING speed wise if connected to the router... I have basically 1600 ft downstairs, same upstairs. Base router is in my office downstairs/middle of the house, 2 satellites upstairs one at each end of house... when I rebooted once, one upstairs kept trying to connect to the other satellite.

@Zambo I'm sure you probably did this with your Google system, but if your provider's modem/gateway that your orbi is connected to has wifi, I'd make sure you disable that too.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My orbi has worked flawlessly for years. I have found that I get a much better mesh network the higher I can place the router and satellite. I also think the 2g signal is way better than the 5g.
Agreed on all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.