Law Donkey out on his a$$ again

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I just thought I'd start a thread for it since everyone is talking about it in the sports forum.

I can't say I'm surprised. I had the guy on ignore for about a year but I got tired of trying to translate the rest of the board without seeing what he wrote. What say you?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Shrug. I personally will miss him. I enjoyed reading his rants, but Im probably in the minority. Im more concerned about the direction the board is taking as a whole. I saw the exact same sort of thing happen about 15 years ago on another gator forum...but I don't have any say in the matter, and I don't want to lose what little access I have to gator discussion. So looks like I'll just have to deal.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Although quite knowledgeable about the game, his incessant negativity was quite wearing.
Also the petty nicknames applied to anyone he didn't like was juvenile. But the thing that irritated me most was the absolute refusal to call Kyle Trask anything but trash.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He played his role very well. I thought he was quite entertaining. Sometimes he posted just too much. I didn’t have time to read everything.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I know he got a week long ban for a reply he made to Ox...
Am I missing something? Is this now a long term thing?
I didn't see a thread for this in the main forum.

I think overall he brings a lot to the board and has a pretty wicked sense of humor (especially in the Saloon).
But ... he ain't for everyone, ...kind of an acquired taste.
I personally enjoy most of his posts.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One person can't determine the mood or direction of the Board. Donk didn't create the negative tone by himself, in reality life is pretty negative and Politics are ingrained in every aspect of our lives. yes, even sports.

I think Ox has good intentions and I continue to support Gatorchatter.

I don't know why or how but Donk lost his balance recently and he went too far..... sad but true.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I'm sure he's good at something

J2zA.gif

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Shrug. I personally will miss him. I enjoyed reading his rants, but Im probably in the minority. Im more concerned about the direction the board is taking as a whole. I saw the exact same sort of thing happen about 15 years ago on another gator forum...but I don't have any say in the matter, and I don't want to lose what little access I have to gator discussion. So looks like I'll just have to deal.
I share your hesitation about the direction of the board. I'm very much a free speech guy regardless of the feelings that are hurt. But I have reservations as well such as cars with a big "I **** *******s" plastered across the back. So I kinda get it either way.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Although quite knowledgeable about the game, his incessant negativity was quite wearing.
Also the petty nicknames applied to anyone he didn't like was juvenile. But the thing that irritated me most was the absolute refusal to call Kyle Trask anything but trash.
I freaking hated the the whole trash thing. From the start. But damn, even when he was an inspirational story and an awesome ass gator story he was still sticking to that bull****.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
I know he got a week long ban for a reply he made to Ox...
Am I missing something? Is this now a long term thing?
I didn't see a thread for this in the main forum.

I think overall he brings a lot to the board and has a pretty wicked sense of humor (especially in the Saloon).
But ... he ain't for everyone, ...kind of an acquired taste.
I personally enjoy most of his posts.
Obviously you missed something. Do you even read the threads in the main sports forum? Looks like Ox perma banned him

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
One person can't determine the mood or direction of the Board. Donk didn't create the negative tone by himself, in reality life is pretty negative and Politics are ingrained in every aspect of our lives. yes, even sports.

I think Ox has good intentions and I continue to support Gatorchatter.

I don't know why or how but Donk lost his balance recently and he went too far..... sad but true.
Dude went total f all decorum. He went from pushing / stepping on social constructs to burning the whole FUCHING thing down

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
In the early years of gatorchatter nobody worked harder to grow the board than lawdonkey. He was really dedicated in bringing everyone from gsmb to chatter. That's why his reaction to the swampgas transplants were hard to understand and combined with what he believes is a third consecutive terrible hire, he lost it.
With that said, I find it hard to believe I live in a world that Sid can post on Gatorchatter and the donk is banned for life.

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
In the early years of gatorchatter nobody worked harder to grow the board than lawdonkey. He was really dedicated in bringing everyone from gsmb to chatter. That's why his reaction to the swampgas transplants were hard to understand and combined with what he believes is a third consecutive terrible hire, he lost it.
With that said, I find it hard to believe I live in a world that Sid can post on Gatorchatter and the donk is banned for life.
You speak of things before my time. I discovered gatorchatter shortly after that whole fiasco but completely unaware of it. I've pretty much been around since the beginning of the chatter so I know the just of it all. I agree he added a bunch to the board, but you can only get away with so much even when you add value. I'm thinking Aaron hernandez at the Gators (early Donk) versus Aaron hernandez at the patriots (late Donk). That may be giving too much credit, but I think you can understand my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb