Law Donkey out on his a$$ again

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Well since you want to take this thread in this direction and this is the political board, I'll just point out the history of bureaucracy coming before success rather than following success, not.

So Napier has a plan to build a big bureaucracy at UF. That works so well in so many other areas of life, how could it miss in football. (To a little bit stay on topic this was a blind spot of Donkey/Law.) For example Saban hired the first guy with the title analyst between his 3rd and 4th seasons after winning a BCS title game.

How Alabama football hires evolved, where they are now

I am not saying UF should not hire anaylists. I am saying that in government, in corporations, and I highly suspect in football success comes first then comes bureaucracy.

First of all, I responded to your comments about the uaa. Not sure how my comments are
way off topic, but whatever…

As a veteran, I get the bureaucracy comparison. However, I also understand what it’s like to be in a corner of government that is significantly under resourced. It’s incredibly frustrating. Where is the balance? Idk.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just skimmed through this thread, and you guys can keep talking about it here in the lounge until the cows come home as much as I care. However, two things:

1) The theory floated that the UAA encouraged this board to be less negative or had any influence on me at all may be the most laughable thing ever mentioned on Gatorchatter. It's no surprise that @InstiGATOR1 would have floated it, because posting moronic drivel is his M.O. I don't have a single contact with the UAA or the "real" Gator sports media at all. They all pretend that Gatorchatter doesn't exist and always have. Hell, most of them wouldn't be pretending, they actually have never heard of us. Is it really that farfetched that we have an exciting new direction to the program and I'm trying to lift people up out of the gutter a bit? The non-stop negativity for years and years weighs down on me and countless others. Good God, conspiracy theories because I'm asking people to be optimistic? Dumb, and it shows how much in the gutter we really were.

2) The Donkey personally attacked me one too many times. This has been going on for years. He'll attack me, I give him a vacation, and as soon as he comes off it he attacks me again, because he's always thought he's above any rules of this board and he has to get the last word in. I grew tired of it. I gave him a 6-day vacation in December, he came back and felt the need to go out of his way with a viscous personal attack AGAIN, when he could have just kept his freaking mouth shut and continued posting. He's also a big part of bringing this board down, as he despises optimism. He's made it clear that overall he's happy with what Napier has been doing, but he just can't seem to stop posting downer drivel because he gets off on it. For example, he falsely posted that Napier had an "Air Raid" coach at ASU, and his higher passing stats were only a result of that - it was a blatant lie thrown out there to try and crush any optimism. It's the difference between b!tching because you're unhappy with the program and b!tching because you like to b!tch. He seems to have grown increasingly unstable as the years have gone on and I never know what he's going to say. The useful posts about football (and he's a tremendous football knowledge source when he wants to be) get farther and farther apart, with nothing but useless "Eeyore" crap in between no matter what happens. He seems to get upset when UF wins because it hurts his message. There's something wrong with that.

Now, how about getting back in the main sports forum and discussing the Gators?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just skimmed through this thread, and you guys can keep talking about it here in the lounge until the cows come home as much as I care. However, two things:

1) The theory floated that the UAA encouraged this board to be less negative or had any influence on me at all may be the most laughable thing ever mentioned on Gatorchatter. It's no surprise that @InstiGATOR1 would have floated it, because posting moronic drivel is his M.O. I don't have a single contact with the UAA or the "real" Gator sports media at all. They all pretend that Gatorchatter doesn't exist and always have. Hell, most of them wouldn't be pretending, they actually have never heard of us. Is it really that farfetched that we have an exciting new direction to the program and I'm trying to lift people up out of the gutter a bit? The non-stop negativity for years and years weighs down on me and countless others. Good God, conspiracy theories because I'm asking people to be optimistic? Dumb, and it shows how much in the gutter we really were.

2) The Donkey personally attacked me one too many times. This has been going on for years. He'll attack me, I give him a vacation, and as soon as he comes off it he attacks me again, because he's always thought he's above any rules of this board and he has to get the last word in. I grew tired of it. I gave him a 6-day vacation in December, he came back and felt the need to go out of his way with a viscous personal attack AGAIN, when he could have just kept his freaking mouth shut and continued posting. He's also a big part of bringing this board down, as he despises optimism. He's made it clear that overall he's happy with what Napier has been doing, but he just can't seem to stop posting downer drivel because he gets off on it. For example, he falsely posted that Napier had an "Air Raid" coach at ASU, and his higher passing stats were only a result of that - it was a blatant lie thrown out there to try and crush any optimism. It's the difference between b!tching because you're unhappy with the program and b!tching because you like to b!tch. He seems to have grown increasingly unstable as the years have gone on and I never know what he's going to say. The useful posts about football (and he's a tremendous football knowledge source when he wants to be) get farther and farther apart, with nothing but useless "Eeyore" crap in between no matter what happens. He seems to get upset when UF wins because it hurts his message. There's something wrong with that.

tldr

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Let me get this straight....

A football thread in the sports forum turns into a thread about banning the donkey.

A thread about banning the donkey in the lounge turn into a football discussion.

Back to the Future.

How did I get here? I was in the football forum and then ...

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
The non-stop negativity for years and years weighs down on me and countless others. Good God, conspiracy theories because I'm asking people to be optimistic? Dumb, and it shows how much in the gutter we really were.
:pumper::pumper::pumper::pumper:.
welcome aboard.
The Donkey personally attacked me one too many times. This has been going on for years.
Boss and I would like to point out
d3d8b274d3c8f47bc0ad670caac5944f00-11-hold-beer-meme.2x.h473.w710.jpg

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
2) useless "Eeyore" crap in between no matter what happens. He seems to get upset when UF wins because it hurts his message. There's something wrong with that.
Sometimes I had to wonder if Donk really was a Gator or just a troll. I mean his treatment of Trask, even as Trask was putting up incredible stats and leading us to a possible playoff spot was just unfathomable for a true Gator. RIP Donk...

I hope he comes back as a new persona. There, I said it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sometimes I had to wonder if Donk really was a Gator or just a troll. I mean his treatment of Trask, even as Trask was putting up incredible stats and leading us to a possible playoff spot was just unfathomable for a true Gator. RIP Donk...

Donk was also first to admit that Trask was the best passing quarterback since either Grossman or Leak.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I did not like the whole Trash shtick either, but I think once Trask was a star it was aimed at Donk himself.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017

Often wondered about the troll thing but then he would post something to make you think he really liked the Gators
Bet he’s here all ready, the way he liked to post it would be like quitting smoking

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

l0IsIsuNJly1evlIY.gif

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
no or know........ which is it?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not really a regular around here. Started coming here more lately during the coaching search.

so please fill me in, was there a single player or coach that he (Donkey) did like? Ever? Did he at least like Pitts?? I mean, Trask was the best QB we’ve had since Tebow? Wait, did he even like Tebow????

Well he liked your Avatar

I remember Nafis Karim. He was a disappointment after the great WR’s we had previous

I believe Karim was the highest rated WR in that class.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

There is only one donkey, on that I think most would agree. One way or the other, what you see is what you get. Whether he was in Dr. Jeckel mode or Mr. Hyde mode - he would be the same funny, irrationally angry, unusually knowledgeable, disruptive, amusing and idiotically insulting presence - running the same schtick regardless of what he calls himself. And OX is right. There has been an odor of self-importance, rank entitlement, misdirected anger and gratuitous negativity associated with the "zeitgeist" he did so much to create during his tenure here. I personally expect the board to succeed in growing into something bigger and better because of the reduced level of rancor - not despite it.

Last edited:

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
There is only one donkey, on that I think most would agree. One way or the other, what you see is what you get. Whether he was in Dr. Jeckel mode or Mr. Hyde mode - he would be the same funny, irrationally angry, unusually knowledgeable, disruptive, amusing and idiotically insulting presence - running the same schtick regardless of what he calls himself. And OX is right. There has been an odor of self-importance, rank entitlement, misdirected anger and gratuitous negativity associated with the "zeitgeist" he did so much to create during his tenure here. I personally expect the board to succeed in growing into something bigger and better because of the reduced level of rancor - not despite it.
Excellent take on the issue. Unique guy, but domineering and depressing.
Was choking out the board's potential to be something better.

Like I said before, I hope he starts over and comes back anew, if possible.
Change is good, inevitable really. A new day is dawning. Go Taters!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb