LB Ventrell Miller & WR James Robinson cited for marijuana

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Robinson-screenshot.jpg

Hopefully Robinson doesn't do another tweet like this like he did after the OSU visit.
Well to his defense he and other Gator players only did a little drugs.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just what we need, more linebackers putting themselves in questionable positions... this keeps up, between injuries and disciplinary issues and we'll be playing backup safeties at the LB positions.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Do any of these players not smoke weed?

Simple, broad stroke answer is no. The percentage is probably so low, you'd be unable to field a football team, much less a competitive one.

These kids grow up around it, it's glorified in virtually every element of their lives. Not to mention it is generally viewed as "no big deal" across the country at this point, especially in college.

I don't know what the answer is at this point. But we either need to stop trying at football or accept what it is.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
img_4859-gif.6858

Stephen A. is a much bigger problem than weed.
You can give up weed but we are all stuck with this twit

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. Misdemeanor citations that don't mean much more than a speeding ticket these days.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're in a job that drug test you or you're too stupid from getting caught... yeah, go flip some burgers somewhere, spend some time in the slam or tweet about the injustice of it all...

Some will scoff, but you are 100% correct.

I make my own decisions, I screw up royally, I pay the price, I scream injustice.
Welcome to America in 2017

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This isn't a big deal on its own, but a guy who just got investigated for cc fraud, and another dude who got into school by the skin of his teeth should be smarter than this. They shouldn't get the boot though. If we run kids for misdemeanor weed charges we might as well fold the program.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
One has to wonder if Mac had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with the team as a whole after the credit card stuff as a warning against stupid stuff like this. If he didn't then it might be prudent to call one and ream the entire team out for good measure and tell them in the end they are making a choice between being on the team or submitting to self indulgence at everyone else's expense and then being told to leave. If he did have that meeting then tell these two guys they are gone. That would send a pretty good message for all of this nonsense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
One has to wonder if Mac had a 'come to Jesus' meeting with the team as a whole after the credit card stuff as a warning against stupid stuff like this. If he didn't then it might be prudent to call one and ream the entire team out for good measure and tell them in the end they are making a choice between being on the team or submitting to self indulgence at everyone else's expense and then being told to leave. If he did have that meeting then tell these two guys they are gone. That would send a pretty good message for all of this nonsense.
A come to Jesus meeting, 9 days before the season starts? Too little, too late.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Simple, broad stroke answer is no. The percentage is probably so low, you'd be unable to field a football team, much less a competitive one.

These kids grow up around it, it's glorified in virtually every element of their lives. Not to mention it is generally viewed as "no big deal" across the country at this point, especially in college.

I don't know what the answer is at this point. But we either need to stop trying at
football or accept what it is.

Or either they quit using it, get smart enough not to be caught.

Surely they have some friends who could buy it for them (not other players), some place to smoke where nobody knows they are there as well.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
and another dude who got into school by the skin of his teeth should be smarter than this.

Alas getting in on the skin of your teeth means you are not smarter than this.

If Robinson is NOT showing on the field to be any better than the other WRs UF has, I would be really tempted to boot him, if I were McElwain. You go out of your way for someone, you must be really irritated when they do something like this.

From what I understand, UF is pretty good and pretty deep in WRs and the recruiting class at WR is strong. So Mr. Robinson may not be a guy UF can't do without.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Better yet the players need a players only meeting to communicate from team leadership this. Can you imagine say Tebow holding such a meeting?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Legalize it already...
Legalized or not, I'd suspect if these kids sat around on their downtime smoking pot regularly (and lets not kid ourselves, if it was legal a lot of them would) we and every other CFB team would be in pretty bad shape. Between the kids who cant run without getting winded b/c smoking weed is just like smoking cigs, zaps your lungs and cardio; and all the kids flunking out of classes and being ineligible, it would be a complete cluster.

People like Bart and Nav who are older, wiser, and more mature can manage it while still managing their lives and responsibilities; they also aren't required to perform athletically within the top 5 percentile of human abilities either.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
they also aren't required to perform athletically within the top 5 percentile of human abilities either.

:exactly:

You see what I said above and I fully stand by it. Just leave it alone until you're finished with the important crap in life. It is NOT so addictive that you can't quit. There are no withdrawal side effects other than a little irritability and a few sleepless nights. It's stupid easy to quit smoking it. Alcohol, tobacco, sugar & caffeine are all harder to quit. These kids need to get it into their heads that life is a long process. In your youth you should focus on preparing for your future. In the future is when you can relax and enjoy the fruits of your labor. They're playing life backwards and it's not going to go well for them.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Relax. Likely just some early prep for Snoop and the Growl. Not to worry if there are suspensions. The three-headed beast of the Apocalypse will emerge from under center and send those pesky Wolverines into oblivion.

:sadnanner:

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
nobodys getting kicked for weed this day and age. Especially a kid you know is going to do it and you bring him in anyway. Might get John Morgan on your ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.