LB Ventrell Miller & WR James Robinson cited for marijuana

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You can legalize weed if you want but employers and programs can still set the standard that you be drug free and test you for it. Try getting a job at an airline or similar company in a place like Denver or Seattle and argue that it's ok to have weed in your test because it's legal. Doesn't work that way. The NCAA isn't about to let kids smoke weed any more than they are going to let kids take off the shelf supplements that aren't approved. The opportunity for these dumbasses to make something out of their lives is amazing, and yet, they insist on totally effing it up because they can't go without a puff. I guess my whole life has been a big waste since I've never smoked weed. Just think of how terrible it must be to live a weed-free life. Just awful. Smoke up idiots!
Bravo monkey man!
If I was a pilot I would surely be weed free, because I'd have to be, not that I would want to be. I did get about halfway to getting my license at that grass strip airport in Archer before my instructor was killed in an ultralight accident. I reevaluated going after my pilot's license and gave it up realizing it probably wasn't something I was going to make a career out of and it's a fairly expensive hobby, for your normal :bandit: like me.
But I can't rag on those boys too hard, both being just 18 years old, away from home for the first time and all. They are idiots, I agree, given the consequences to their careers here; but I know I've been an idiot before, more than once.........................many times actually.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Weed being legalized is not the issue. The issue is the rules right now forbid it. Our graduation rate is going to take a serious hit, we have some stupid players.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Looking at their weights I already thought we were....
Seriously between the age of 18 and 21 I partied my ass off, worked 40-50 hours a week, lifted weights on a regular basis and managed go from about 190# to 225# while partaking in cannabis on an almost daily basis.......AND never got caught.....These guys need some serious strength/nutrition and life skills coaching/mentoring.
You were eating like crazy too with those big munchies (our old term is there a new one)

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I choose not to smoke marijuana. I also believe that people should follow the law.

Having said that, a college student smoking weed in their dorm has been commonplace for as long as there have been students, dorms and weed. It's the same as an underage college student drinking alcohol in their dorm. If the headline read that Robinson and Ventrell were cited for sipping an aged bourbon and smoking a Montecristo in their dorm room then the reactions on here would probably be much different. However, both offenses are equal in the eyes of the law.

The unbelievable thing is that some RA took his hall monitor job so seriously that he called the cops because he smelled weed. This is a kid with no friends and no social skills.

If there were an RA with the cops on speed dial walking past the dorm room of anyone on this list then the result may have been the same:

George W. Bush
Jeb Bush
Lawton Chiles
Bill Clinton
Newt Gingrich
Al Gore
John Kerry
Ed Koch
Connie Mack
Barack Obama
Sarah Palin
Bernie Sanders

Every one of these thugs admitted to smoking weed and probably did so in their dorm room. They just had the good fortune of not having an RA with a hard on for the rules and a complete disregard for their standing in social circles at college.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_have_acknowledged_cannabis_use

Yeah, it's the RA's fault.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

You never commented on the gif yesterday.

giphy.gif

Come on man, that's a great gif. I can't stop watching it.

It makes me smile!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I swear I was more serious about my middling HS wrestling opportunity than these guys are about their lifetime dream shot.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It was a dick move. What kind of dickhead calls the cops on football players for minding their business and smoking weed. I've never done it and I don't understand why these idiots refuse to use their brains but some RA obviously isn't a gator fan.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
depends on the actual details. if thick scent of weed was permeating the hall and adjacent rooms, sorry, but you should be reported. Have the courtesy to not force other ppl to deal with your illegal activity, benign or not.

When I was in OBC a long time ago there weren't enough rooms at on base lodging so they put me up for 2 months in an offbase hotel, a country inn and suites. 2 weeks into my stay i started having the scent of weed coming through my room A/C duct. I tolerated this for 2 days, day 3 i reported it for multiple reasons. 1 I shouldnt have to tolerate it at all, 2 the smell is foul, 3 I was becoming concerned that I could potentially inhale enough to cause something to show up on a test and we got tested monthly.

Perhaps this isnt the first time these kids have done this? There's a lot of unknowns, so I wont default to the RA being a buzzkill. That's a shallow minded position.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It was a dick move. What kind of dickhead calls the cops on football players for minding their business and smoking weed. I've done it and I don't understand why these idiots refuse to use their brains but some RA obviously isn't a gator fan.

Narc! The players were dumb, but I'm actually more pissed at this lame goodie two shoes RA. What a loser!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
depends on the actual details. if thick scent of weed was permeating the hall and adjacent rooms, sorry, but you should be reported. Have the courtesy to not force other ppl to deal with your illegal activity, benign or not.

When I was in OBC a long time ago there weren't enough rooms at on base lodging so they put me up for 2 months in an offbase hotel, a country inn and suites. 2 weeks into my stay i started having the scent of weed coming through my room A/C duct. I tolerated this for 2 days, day 3 i reported it for multiple reasons. 1 I shouldnt have to tolerate it at all, 2 the smell is foul, 3 I was becoming concerned that I could potentially inhale enough to cause something to show up on a test and we got tested monthly.

Perhaps this isnt the first time these kids have done this? There's a lot of unknowns, so I wont default to the RA being a buzzkill. That's a shallow minded position.
**** that ra

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

The way I heard the story is that the RA was walking outside the building and smelled the weed. I bet the players had the window open so people in the building couldn't smell it. The RA wasn't certain where the smell was coming from when he called the cops. The cops determined which door to knock on.

Odds are the RA didn't realize he was calling the cops on football players. I bet his eyes were as big as dinner plates when he saw the size of his new best friends.

1219.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I get what you're saying, but Mac knew this dude was a pothead when he brought him on, so you can't then turn around and boot the kid. College football is to the point that dudes are ko'ing girls on tape and staying on the team so a misdemeanor weed charge is basically a non issue. I don't like that this is how it's going but that's the reality of it.

If Robinson is booted now it is not for pot. He would be being booted for being a idiot and mistreating someone who went out on a limb for him. That is a huge difference.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Narc! The players were dumb, but I'm actually more pissed at this lame goodie two shoes RA. What a loser!

The RA was doing his job. Too bad the players were NOT doing theirs. For all you know the RA needs his job to stay in school and thus has to actually do it.

I really do not have anything against pot, but UF does. These guys know that particularly Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator