LDR to start against Michigan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Dear God man, have you heard of multiple paragraphs?
If you must be the grammar police, everything in this paragraph relates back to the first sentence "Some of you guys kill me with your telepathic abilities." This is a typical response to guys who don't have a valid rebuttal. :grin:

Last edited:

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This would have been much easier to read if you had split it into multiple paragraphs. Please try that next time.

Also, I disagree with most of your post. I do hope that you're correct in that Mac proves himself and has a great year, but he's made enough poor decisions in the last 1.5 years for me to just blindly trust he's going to make all the right decisions for this program.
Please give your points of disagreement. You say Coach has made "enough poor decisions in the last 1.5 years" but you don't elaborate on those poor decisions.

I gave case and point that he had practically nothing to work with on offense "and yet" he still managed to win the East both years. Some of you guys think he should be Whodini and wave his magic wand, snap his fingers, and poof, now we have a SEC caliber Qb, O-line, and Wr's. It has taken Mac some time to balance the roster and put the pieces in place. We are almost there, but this is the year those younger guys that he has brought in gain the experience they need to take us back to the top of the SEC where we belong.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you must be the grammar police, everything in this paragraph relates back to the first sentence "Some of you guys kill with your telepathic abilities." This is a typical response to guys who don't have a valid rebuttal. :grin:
Uhhhh..... no. Just no.

You should have learned about these paragraph things by middle school at the latest. How old are you?

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Please give your points of disagreement. You say Coach has made "enough poor decisions in the last 1.5 years" but you don't elaborate on those poor decisions.

I gave case and point that he had practically nothing to work with on offense "and yet" he still managed to win the East both years. Some of you guys think he should be Whodini and wave his magic wand, snap his fingers, and poof, now we have a SEC caliber Qb, O-line, and Wr's. It has taken Mac some time to balance the roster and put the pieces in place. We are almost there, but this is the year those younger guys that he has brought in gain the experience they need to take us back to the top of the SEC where we belong.

Here's a list of Mac's poor decisions off the top of my head. I'm sure others will add on. :lol:

1. Didn't recruit a DT until his third recruiting class. The lack of depth at the position hurt us last year and could still be a problem this year.
2. Treated our bowl game against Michigan like a glorified practice and got completely embarrassed.
3. Tried the RB by committee method for too long even though Scarlett was clearly the best back.
4. Zero adjustments against UT and blew a 3 TD lead. Inexcusable.
5. Mac's love for LDR is dumbfounding. Keeping him in the Arkansas game for longer than a quarter was plain stupid. That was one of the worst coached games since Muschamp's Georgia Southern loss. The gameplan going into the game was pathetic, they kept LDR in there when it was obvious his arm was worthless, and again zero adjustments.
6. Nussmeier is such a predictable play-caller, and yet, Mac lets him. I could go on about how terrible the offense is but that shouldn't be necessary.
7. This has to be the worst coached special teams unit at Florida in my lifetime. In spite of this and the fact that Nord is the worst recruiter on staff, Mac decided to retain him even though his contract expired. This may be the biggest head scratcher of them all.

These are the reasons why I don't just blindly trust that Mac will turn things around. I hope we have a great year this year, and I hope that Mac becomes a successful coach here. I guess last season just left too bad a taste in my mouth for me to just believe that things will be different.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe we're still arguing over this. Mac clearly said in his presser yesterday that Toney will start the game for us in the wildcat. Nobody believes him?:dunno:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If you must be the grammar police, everything in this paragraph relates back to the first sentence "Some of you guys kill with your telepathic abilities." This is a typical response to guys who don't have a valid rebuttal. :grin:

Fwiw, I had a pretty strong suspicion that you'd react this way if Knox criticized your post's lack of structure.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Here's a list of Mac's poor decisions off the top of my head. I'm sure others will add on. :lol:

1. Didn't recruit a DT until his third recruiting class. The lack of depth at the position hurt us last year and could still be a problem this year.
2. Treated our bowl game against Michigan like a glorified practice and got completely embarrassed.
3. Tried the RB by committee method for too long even though Scarlett was clearly the best back.
5. Mac's love for LDR is dumbfounding. Keeping him in the Arkansas game for longer than a quarter was plain stupid. That was one of the worst coached games since Muschamp's Georgia Southern loss. The gameplan going into the game was pathetic, they kept LDR in there when it was obvious his arm was worthless, and again zero adjustments.
6. Nussmeier is such a predictable play-caller, and yet, Mac lets him. I could go on about how terrible the offense is but that shouldn't be necessary.
7. This has to be the worst coached special teams unit at Florida in my lifetime. In spite of this and the fact that Nord is the worst recruiter on staff, Mac decided to retain him even though his contract expired. This may be the biggest head scratcher of them all.

These are the reasons why I don't just blindly trust that Mac will turn things around. I hope we have a great year this year, and I hope that Mac becomes a successful coach here. I guess last season just left too bad a taste in my mouth for me to just believe that things will be different.

You forgot the fake FG that everyone in the universe knew was coming vs LSU. That still pisses me off.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You forgot the fake FG that everyone in the universe knew was coming vs LSU. That still pisses me off.

Yes I did forget, but you're right. That was pretty bad. That falls in nicely with my Nord/worst coached special teams category.

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
The UT game sticks out to me as not taking control of the playcalling as the HC. we had like 3-4 straight 3 and outs and he just sat there and let Nuss squander our lead...I swear Nuss has dirt on Mac on something major. This is the only reason I can think of why Nuss is still with the program

westflgator

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Good to know. Did you soapbox the other sites or are we the lucky ones? BTW, please post more. It's not as bad as you make it. I think everyone wants to beat the tar out of our opponents every single week. I heard a lot of the same rhetoric during the Muschump years. Meyer broke the program. Etc etc. And I hope you are right. I hope Mac crushes Mich and has another 10 win season(that would make TWO out of THREE). Recruiting is on the upswing and I have been extremely complimentary of him. Bottom line, he needs to win some big games. Winning the crapshow that is the East isn't very impressive. Hope to see you around more. Go Gators!
I was an avid poster year's ago on the "other forum" and joined this forum early on but have been more of a lurker than a poster since its inception. I agree whole heartedly with you

Those complaints are fair, and many of them are valid in my opinion. I am not a huge Nuss fan either, but overall I believe Mac has our program heading in the right direction. Again, he didn't have much to work with on the offensive side of the ball, and even though many of us would have done some things differently, he has taken us to the SEC Championship game in his first two years and has a really good opportunity to make it three. I do think that this is the year he has to take the next step, the cup board being bare excuse is only good for so long. I for one hope that he proves many of the naysayers on this board wrong...Go Gators!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Just relaying what Frank Frangie said in the 3pm hour today. He said, according to his sources, Franks is the starter. The reason that has not been announced is the distraction it might cause him. He still has to go to class, eat out...ect. This will be Franks first ever start and against Michigan. He wants his redshirt freshman totally focused on the game. He also said Franks looks fantastic. Take it for what it's worth.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just relaying what Frank Frangie said in the 3pm hour today. He said, according to his sources, Franks is the starter. The reason that has not been announced is the distraction it might cause him. He still has to go to class, eat out...ect. This will be Franks first ever start and against Michigan. He wants his redshirt freshman totally focused on the game. He also said Franks looks fantastic. Take it for what it's worth.

Game on. Threat, I'll gladly take my avatar.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

If true, that's awesome. While he's at it, he should share Franks' SSN and mother's maiden name.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I talked with the former coach of a current starter again today. He said the coaches have shut down every player from saying anything concerning the starting quarterback. This is way beyond the norm. The player usually answers any question he asks.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If true I would rather see that than LDR starting but it still leaves me nervous as hell. A first time starter against all that blitzing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator