• 3-0

• 2-1

• 1-2

• 0-3

Results are only viewable after voting.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Oh how I hope this all translates well to the games this fall. In the meantime I'm loving it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
“I’m part of the team, so I should run the gassers too, you know? And make sure I’m not just standing there telling them to do it,” he said. “So if they ever look and say, ‘Hey, you just stand there with a whistle,’ I’m — hey, if you guys mess up — if we make mistakes, we’re all gonna pay the price. Whether it’s discipline issues, academic issues, football issues, training issues, we all pay the price, and so I’m gonna pay the price just like them.”

Mullen is in good physical condition. He completed a Boston Marathon. A coach in good condition gains the respect of the players. "Gassers" had a completely different meaning for McElwain.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
“I’m part of the team, so I should run the gassers too, you know? And make sure I’m not just standing there telling them to do it,” he said. “So if they ever look and say, ‘Hey, you just stand there with a whistle,’ I’m — hey, if you guys mess up — if we make mistakes, we’re all gonna pay the price. Whether it’s discipline issues, academic issues, football issues, training issues, we all pay the price, and so I’m gonna pay the price just like them.”

Mullen is in good physical condition. He completed a Boston Marathon. A coach in good condition gains the respect of the players. "Gassers" had a completely different meaning for McElwain.

Gas-ers also were relevant to his pressers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does he seem different to you now?

I really hated the dude when he was here before... but this older version of Mullen seems more likeable and even gives me some hope he may be a different coach.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Accountability....that is the key and something that hasn't existed at UF in years. When 1 fvks up, we all do.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Does he seem different to you now?

I really hated the dude when he was here before... but this older version of Mullen seems more likeable and even gives me some hope he may be a different coach.

Wish you got more likable the older you got, but we can’t be so lucky now can we

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Gassers" had a completely different meaning for McElwain.

"Pull my finger."

_gallery_dl_photos_332_150204_McElwainJim_2952_TimCasey_DL.jpg

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I dunno. It's like Stricklin briefed him extensively on every detail that Gators want to hear and he goes down a list saying them and then checking them off.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016

I agree that DM has much to prove. And no, I wasn't crazy about some of his comments about UF, among other things, over the years. But he does seem to have matured nicely after 9 years in one of the crappiest venues in CFB, and I hope that growth extends to his appreciation for a reasonably effective down-field passing game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I made a similar comment last year about Mac being a larda$$ and some posters jumped me for it.
I just struggle with a football coach that works at a place with access to everything you need to stay in shape and won't even make the effort?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's no doubt about this, which is why I've been pleased. I have no idea how many games we're going to win or if we'll ever compete for titles under Mullen, but I have no doubt we'll actually have a functioning, competent football program again without so many things being ignored or neglected. We may lose games, but I think getting embarrassed is going to be one hell of a lot rarer. That at least is a start, and we have to start somewhere. The way our Gators have been playing has been embarrassing for several years now, there's no way around that fact.

That's also why I call Mac a thief. He simply didn't do his job and collected millions - there's nothing honorable in that and he deserves scorn. Muschamp worked hard and failed, Mac didn't bother trying the "work hard" part.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen borrowing a page from the Meyer book on building leadership, the foundation of every winning program.

It's been a long time since we had any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.