Leave it up to the Cowboys

SirhanSirhan

Banned
BANNED
May 18, 2016
This guy is going to be a bust; another one of Urban Meyer's system guy....

Too small; won't be running through NFL D's

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What's t got to say about this - he's a Boys fan, right?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
If Dallas is smart, they ensure that he gets 1200-1700 yards for the first 2 to 3 years and keep him healthy. It will look like he a really good back, then they can dump him in his contract year making someone else the dummy

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rookie contracts are mostly guaranteed for the most part over the first 4 years, if you are a first round pick since the Rookie Cap. That's basically $6 Million a year for a starting back, where the other guys on the list, get their guaranteed, plus non guaranteed money during the year if they are on the opening day roster. This isn't as big of an issue as the article claims.

SirhanSirhan

Banned
BANNED
May 18, 2016
Emmitt Smith wasn't exactly a behemoth and he was a serviceable NFL back.

Do you believe Emmitt and Elliott are the same type of back? Elliott doesn't have the vision that Smith had unless Elliott is running out of the gun.

Urban Meyerz is an amazing coach but look at his offensive NFL players; RB's and QB's don't do well

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
This guy is going to be a bust; another one of Urban Meyer's system guy....

Too small; won't be running through NFL D's

Too small? Elliot is 225 pounds. And his biggest criticism is he'd rather run guys over than juke them.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Do you believe Emmitt and Elliott are the same type of back? Elliott doesn't have the vision that Smith had unless Elliott is running out of the gun.

Urban Meyerz is an amazing coach but look at his offensive NFL players; RB's and QB's don't do well

As in the stock market, history is no guarantee of future performance.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016

Urban Meyerz is an amazing coach but look at his offensive NFL players; RB's and QB's don't do well[/QUOTE

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What's t got to say about this - he's a Boys fan, right?
I'm not familiar with how contracts are structured in the nfl. I will say if him and Romo stay healthy, he'll be in the hunt for the nfl's leading rusher.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Basically a legal midget at 225....

The guy is going to get killed in the league...bet it

When is 6'0 being a midget (his official combine measurement)? I think Elliot will be very good. He has had a lot of touches already so his career will be short.

SirhanSirhan

Banned
BANNED
May 18, 2016
I'm not familiar with how contracts are structured in the nfl. I will say if him and Romo stay healthy, he'll be in the hunt for the nfl's leading rusher.

Tony Ho...I mean Romo cannot stay healthy; nor will Elliott be a force. It's another year of the Boys sucking...all I'll say is go Houston!

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Rookie contracts are mostly guaranteed for the most part over the first 4 years, if you are a first round pick since the Rookie Cap. That's basically $6 Million a year for a starting back, where the other guys on the list, get their guaranteed, plus non guaranteed money during the year if they are on the opening day roster. This isn't as big of an issue as the article claims.
Really? I wonder if Easley knows his contract is going to get paid even though he just got cut.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Elliot reminds me of Trent Richardson. I kind of expect the same outcome.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
There are many first round busts that get released and don't get their full salary... Like Johnny Manziel... Or that LSU tub of fat that was drafted by the Raiders...

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Tony Ho...I mean Romo cannot stay healthy; nor will Elliott be a force. It's another year of the Boys sucking...all I'll say is go Houston!
That's cute. You root for an expansion team lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator