Leghumpers Prediction Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I agree somewhat with this. They are clearly better on defense this year but for the first time in years we are better on offense. Our defense isn't going to stop anyone in their tracks but if we can get maybe 3 or 4 three and outs during the course of this game we can win.

The other MUST is winning the turnover battle......I'm talking to you Trask, be be more aware of the outside pass rush and don't wait too long to step forward in the pocket....gotta set up some screens early to slow down their pass rush(Malik could have a big day here if he holds on to the ball) also drop it off short and let Toney's legs flip the field instead of trying to hit a home run on the majority of passes. I actually feel better about this game than the last 4 or 5 years.

3 or 4 3-and-outs? That's laughable. They'll likely have no more than 8 possessions. I'd take 1 3-and-out and a couple of 5, 6, 7 and outs (where they get at least one first down, but don't score). Also would be nice to see them have to kick a couple of FG's (vs. getting in the endzone). I think that would be a win for this defense - 2 TD's, 2 FG's, 3 or 4 non-scoring possessions. Our O can get 3 TD's or more, plus a FG or two. UF 27-20.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I share your sentiment and I feel like we should win the game, based on how their offense has played and how ours has played.

The only thing that scares me is the Dwag Choker factor, and Mullen’s tendency to get conservative in games like this.

If he will coach to win, as opposed to coaching not to lose, we should pull it out.

I totally agree about Grantham, the sooner he's gone the better. About last year's fiasco; IMHO, if we hadn't screwed the pooch with those damn wristbands, we could have set an entirely different tone from the outset. Of course CDM compounded the error by seemingly throwing in the towel with lethargic play calling as time ran out. No doubt about it; much rides on the outcome of today's game - one way or the other.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree this is our best shot at the Humpers in a few years. And there is no game I want to win more each season than this one - and it isn't close. My command of the queen's English does not allow me to articulate how much I hate the Sniffers.

I do believe we have the far better QB and probably better offense overall. But they've consistently been recruiting very near Gump/Clemmy/Bucknut levels. We have not. They have a roster that top to bottom, is far better than ours. Add to this that Kirby hates us almost as much as the HBC hated them. To Mullen, this seems like nothing more than another "big game" on the schedule. Circling a hated rival helps. CUM consistently whupped our big 3 rivals - including the Humpers - because he focused special intensity on them. Mullen to me seems the better gameday tactician. But that hasn't helped him in his first two go-rounds with these guys.

If I'm the Humpers, I line up on offense and ram the ball down our DL's throats until they stop me - exploit our size and lack of depth. If we can stop their run game and put their offense on the success of their passing game, then maybe we can stop them enough times to eke one out. If they can run at will inside on us, it will be a very long day.

My heart obviously wants to pick our boys. My head cannot. Alas.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Sometimes yall forget what a spectacular poster LA Gator is, don't you?

Always been a fan.

I also really appreciate the posters who use pictures of themselves as their avatars. Outside of him, NV, Bammer and Bait’n, it’s just so rare these days.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree this is our best shot at the Humpers in a few years. And there is no game I want to win more each season than this one - and it isn't close. My command of the queen's English does not allow me to articulate how much I hate the Sniffers.

I do believe we have the far better QB and probably better offense overall. But they've consistently been recruiting very near Gump/Clemmy/Bucknut levels. We have not. They have a roster that top to bottom, is far better than ours. Add to this that Kirby hates us almost as much as the HBC hated them. To Mullen, this seems like nothing more than another "big game" on the schedule. Circling a hated rival helps. CUM consistently whupped our big 3 rivals - including the Humpers - because he focused special intensity on them. Mullen to me seems the better gameday tactician. But that hasn't helped him in his first two go-rounds with these guys.

If I'm the Humpers, I line up on offense and ram the ball down our DL's throats until they stop me - exploit our size and lack of depth. If we can stop their run game and put their offense on the success of their passing game, then maybe we can stop them enough times to eke one out. If they can run at will inside on us, it will be a very long day.

My heart obviously wants to pick our boys. My head cannot. Alas.

I am with you regarding your feelings for the Dwags
I spent the 80’s in Jacksonville and suffered through the crap each year

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
You call the people that lack your confidence limp wristed bastards and then start your claim with the word IF.
Just sayin......
The difference is he's not conceding the game before hand. Realistic about the possibility of another loss? Yes. Running up the white flag before a shot has been fired? Absolutely not.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Always been a fan.

I also really appreciate the posters who use pictures of themselves as their avatars. Outside of him, NV, Bammer and Bait’n, it’s just so rare these days.
Wait, does that mean your avatar is not a self portrait? Not gonna lie; I’m a little disappointed.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So far my prediction has been wrong. If anybody is controlling the LOS in this game, it's been our Gators. So far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator