Leon to Oaxaca

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Most recent leg of the Tour de Mexico is in the books. 1000 miles from Leon to Oaxaca over some incredible countryside. Managed yet again to not get my head chopped off. Here's a video of some of the trip.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Most recent leg of the Tour de Mexico is in the books. 1000 miles from Leon to Oaxaca over some incredible countryside. Managed yet again to not get my head chopped off. Here's a video of some of the trip.

Love the Flying Tigers paint job on the tank!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Cool of you to let Ed Ogeron tag along. He’s been pretty down since he didn’t get the DL job here.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cool of you to let Ed Ogeron tag along. He’s been pretty down since he didn’t get the DL job here.
The guy who looks the most like Ed is the first and only American to ever finish the Dakar rally in the Malle Moto class. Which means that basically you do the entire race by yourself with no pit or support crew. They will transport one footlocker for you that you put your tools and spare parts in and your camping gear. Between stages every night you do whatever maintenance and prep necessary on the bike yourself before getting any sleep. The only things they carry for you outside of this are oil/gas and tires, which have their own truck. Suffice to say, he is a bad mutherfkker.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Actually, no. The government blocks youtube so I can't view the video in the original post...
Oregon Trail Vintage GIF by US National Archives

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Have to admit the thread title had me wondering why our backup QB Micah Leon would transfer to a Mexican University without a football team! :lol2: Guess I’m just gun shy from all the bad Portal news!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The guy who looks the most like Ed is the first and only American to ever finish the Dakar rally in the Malle Moto class. Which means that basically you do the entire race by yourself with no pit or support crew. They will transport one footlocker for you that you put your tools and spare parts in and your camping gear. Between stages every night you do whatever maintenance and prep necessary on the bike yourself before getting any sleep. The only things they carry for you outside of this are oil/gas and tires, which have their own truck. Suffice to say, he is a bad mutherfkker.

That’s pretty awesome.

I stayed at a Courtyard about a month ago with really spotty WiFi. So I get it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo went to Oaxaca just so he could feel tall.

Riding through Sinaloa... interesting choice.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I finally got to watch the video from home. That is really cool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Did you stop at any good Mexican restaurants that you would highly recommend? ;)

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I finally got to watch the video from home. That is really cool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Did you stop at any good Mexican restaurants that you would highly recommend? ;)
There was a pretty good chalupa place in Irapuato.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.