Let’s clear up the emerging narrative...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I would eat the crayons but still wouldn’t know how he was the cause of Pitts falling down. Does Pitts have any culpability or his falling down is all on Franks for throwing previous short passes?

I did like the two forward passes for long TD’s polished or otherwise.
Pitts absolutely does. So does the field maintenance crew for allowing such an intimidating tuft of grass to exist. But consistently putting ourselves in 3rd down is what got Muschamp teams in trouble. We were in 3rd down 4 times the first two drives and twice the second two and only twice in the 3rd quarter!

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
This is awesome and much needed around here. Appreciate it! Pumps gonna pump - which is fine - but a little dose of reality goes a long way.

@ltraz brings some of the few true football analysis beyond “receivers running open everywhere” or the combo of “ “Pitts was scoring a Td”, yet “ we only lost 10 yards due to Franks ball placement” that only favors the qb. Beyond the bytching, Donk brought some as well. Sas can and does sometimes bring detailed analysis but might hate too many of you to give us more analysis.

Yet, about 80%(likely an exaggeration) of @ltraz’s posts are greeted like this:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@ltraz brings some of the few true football analysis beyond “receivers running open everywhere” or the combo of “ “Pitts was scoring a Td”, yet “ we only lost 10 yards due to Franks ball placement” that only favors the qb. Beyond the bytching, Donk brought some as well. Sas can and does sometimes bring detailed analysis but might hate too many of you to give us more analysis.

Yet, about 80%(likely an exaggeration) of @ltraz’s posts are greeted like this:
He lets his anti-Mullen bias get in the way sometimes and it rubs some folks wrong. He’s great when you drag him into a football conversation.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
These guys are so used to crappy offense and losing that any positive stat is clung to like it’s a precursor to a Bama dynasty. Maybe if we start consistently winning again, nice stat lines against FCS teams will be looked at with the proper critical eye by the masses.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You guys still don't get it. This isn't about Franks' performance against a high school team, it's about his performance going forward. I expect him to be horrible, you guys expect him to be great. Only time will tell who is right.

All I'm saying is to prepare yourself. There are going to be many, many Franks threads to come following the upcoming, painful games.
Not sure who said they expected FF to be great. I certainly didn't. I simply said you and others were over the top to bash him after he played a good game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You make it sound like QB's don't make bad reads. It happens in every game at every level. if that really pisses you off, sorry. In this thread, it proves that he made a bad read on that play, as you said.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
ESPN. Go do the math, coaster boy. My combined number against ranked opponents is accurate, and on a 1-100 scale reveals him for what he is, at best average, at worst a total bomb against good defenses.

Of course, we know what people who are wrong do. They find a way to twist the statistics in their favor.
If this post isn't just dumber than a rock, explain your calculations.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
This may be controversial, but Limical Perine isn't a starting caliber running back. I like the guy. And he was perfectly suited for his role last season. But he doesn't run hard enough to be an every down back. His running style has led to a lot of our running issues, imo.
True, but he ran like a beast last year.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The “pumpers” seem willing to acknowledge that Franks isn’t an all-world QB. He is only the Gator QB....and at least for the time being the best we have. So we acknowledge whatever success he does have. But those who can’t stand the kid cannot acknowledge when he played a nice game. I get it. He must perfectly place every pass (literally every one) and do so only downfield and only on 1st or 2nd down. He’s working on it. He had a hard time even dropping back much less completing a screen pass 2 years ago. More to work on.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

OK but by only doing one play you feed the negative side of the equation. Did he make any correct reads Saturday?

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I actually read your stufff and often agree even while I disagree with your feelings on DM. This discussion was much simpler than breaking down FF’s reads on every play. I thought it was pretty much universally accepted that he has a way to go in that department.

As to Franks it was whether or not he had a bad game because his ball placement was so poor.

The “go to” anytime someone questions a dumper is to proclaim that pumpers think FF is a great QB. I seriously have never seen a single post by anyone who thinks we have a great QB. The kid is a far different QB than we rolled out in 2017 with more improvement needed. He had a fine game but nobody confused him with Tua.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
OK but by only doing one play you feed the negative side of the equation. Did he make any correct reads Saturday?
Of course he did. That pass to Jefferson was a beauty. Per Sas, he made the correct read on the pass to Swain in the end zone but he didn’t pull the trigger until it was too late. Same with the pass to Grimes that was too late and short (drew PI though). I can think of a handful of others too where he either made the correct read or the only read (couple of nice passes on scramble drills, including 1 going left). But most of those were down field or out of necessity. The point being made is that he takes the safe route too often and it puts the offense in tough spots like 3rd down. That will happen but shouldn’t happen as frequently as it did on the first two drives against an overmatched FCS team. Hence, sloppy start. Once he started mixing downfield/intermediate throws in, the offense chugged along.

The rub is that he takes the easy/safe route too often. And when he does, his placement can be suspect leading to smaller gains which increases the likelihood of being in 3rd down. Again, no one other than marine are saying it wasn’t an ok performance. The qualm is with “good”. Marine ties everything to personal feelings because he can’t really defend his arguments with game film. The only thing I “hate” about Franks is his choice of facial hair.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Of course he did. That pass to Jefferson was a beauty. Per Sas, he made the correct read on the pass to Swain in the end zone but he didn’t pull the trigger until it was too late. Same with the pass to Grimes that was too late and short (drew PI though). I can think of a handful of others too where he either made the correct read or the only read (couple of nice passes on scramble drills, including 1 going left). But most of those were down field or out of necessity. The point being made is that he takes the safe route too often and it puts the offense in tough spots like 3rd down. That will happen but shouldn’t happen as frequently as it did on the first two drives against an overmatched FCS team. Hence, sloppy start. Once he started mixing downfield/intermediate throws in, the offense chugged along.

The rub is that he takes the easy/safe route too often. And when he does, his placement can be suspect leading to smaller gains which increases the likelihood of being in 3rd down. Again, no one other than marine are saying it wasn’t an ok performance. The qualm is with “good”. Marine ties everything to personal feelings because he can’t really defend his arguments with game film. The only thing I “hate” about Franks is his choice of facial hair.

He shushed you and you never recovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator