Let’s clear up the emerging narrative...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Speaking of running FF on a QB power, have you (or any of the more knowledgeable chatterers - probably 99% of this board) gone back and looked a FFs run on the unsuccessful 4th & 1? Something looks not right, like either it was a broken play or FF went the wrong way or something. Any thoughts?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He shushed you and you never recovered.
Yawn. Don’t you have some Marines to go hug? “It’s not Private Timmy’s fault he burned down the pizza restaurant. They brought in on themselves with their rude service! They hurt his feelings!”

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Speaking of running FF on a QB power, have you (or any of the more knowledgeable chatterers - probably 99% of this board) gone back and looked a FFs run on the unsuccessful 4th & 1? Something looks not right, like either it was a broken play or FF went the wrong way or something. Any thoughts?
Could be wrong but I thought someone in one of the threads said a TE either whiffed on a block or got beat. Don’t hold me to that but I could have sworn I saw it somewhere.

For @Marine1 .... I’m not blaming Franks for failing to pick up the first down. He ran the play as designed. His teammates let him down somewhere in the blocking scheme. That said, shouldn’t have been in 4th down to begin with. He corrected it later on - started going downfield - once they shook off that sluggish start :grin:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Are you seriously holding the Gators to the standard of moving the chains on 1st or 2nd down? I am dumbfounded that any team would be held to that standard.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Are you seriously holding the Gators to the standard of moving the chains on 1st or 2nd down? I am dumbfounded that any team would be held to that standard.
No, he was speaking to frequency, not a singular instance. On the first drive, we “reset downs” three times. We picked up a first on a third down, a second down, then failed to convert and kicked a field goal. Same pattern on the second drive. 4 out of 6 sets of downs went to third - probability of failure is high, especially considering there was at least one 3rd and 10. I think Franks only experienced 4/5 3rd downs the rest of the game - much more in line with how a competent, SEC offense treats a meddling FCS team.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I can understand being frustrated with “dumpers” but there’s some serious suspension of reality and embracing of ignorance going on in this thread.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Without a doubt, a defining moment in our history.

:facepalm:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can understand being frustrated with “dumpers” but there’s some serious suspension of reality and embracing of ignorance going on in this thread.

But, we only won by 45............. :facepalm:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
But, we only won by 45............. :facepalm:
Butters put 60+ on a FBS team. Should we have just savored that victory as a sign of better days to come? I bet Mullen isn’t sitting back pleased just because of a score or nice completion percentage. I’m guessing those poor tight ends are having an awful week even though they just won by 45.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Butters put 60+ on a FBS team. Should we have just savored that victory as a sign of better days to come? I bet Mullen isn’t sitting back pleased just because of a score or nice completion percentage. I’m guessing those poor tight ends are having an awful week even though they just won by 45.

Coaches get paid to ride their arrses......

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Yawn. Don’t you have some Marines to go hug? “It’s not Private Timmy’s fault he burned down the pizza restaurant. They brought in on themselves with their rude service! They hurt his feelings!”

No keep the Pvt. on lockdown in garrison. Turn him loose when the bell rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.