Let’s Talk Positives

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
it's not a "subscription" :lol: You can cancel at any time.
Of course costs go up...they all do over time.

Cable has their hands tied...they aren't going to be able to do much more than they've already done. Why do you think they all offer mobile plans now?

The next step isn't a swing back to cable. The next step is a more true a la carte option from individual suppliers. Cable will be a thing of the past.
I don't think so....competiton will cause people to switch back and forth just like people did multiple times with direct tv and cable....news flash those subs will change their terms to match cables.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think so....competiton will cause people to switch back and forth just like people did multiple times with direct tv and cable....news flash those subs will change their terms to match cables.
You can cancel Spectrum at any time too.
So yea, they already both allow for cancellations at anytime. What else ya got made up in your head?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
My god. You're living up to your moniker!
Dude I've been an adult since the early 80's and have been through this with cable companies, phone companies internet providers, cell phone services and the like....it ALWAYS plays out the way I'm telling you.

You will NEVER get some ala carte, come and go as you please, low cost eutopia like what you're thinking....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude I've been an adult since the early 80's and have been through this with cable companies, phone companies internet providers, cell phone services and the like....it ALWAYS plays out the way I'm telling you.

You will NEVER get some ala carte, come and go as you please, low cost eutopia like what you're thinking....
who said low cost eutopia?
You live in this world where you fixate on things and refuse to see anything but yourself.

Cable, in the future, will not exist as you remember.

A la carte IS the future, I never said it was cheaper, nor do I think it will be individual channels. It'll be groupings of channels owned by the same company. It might be cheaper to an individuals budget who doesn't need 200 channels, and only buys a handful of things they want, but the "per channel" cost, per se, would be more per unit. That's pretty fuching basic economics then even a blockhead can figure out, or maybe not.

Spectrum and streaming tv, are literally come and go as you please RIGHT NOW. Sure you finish out the month with either company, but there are no long term contracts with either...but you knew that and just needed something to bitch about.

So keep holding onto your high cost cable tv and yelling at the clouds. You do you.....or just let your wife keep paying for it :lol:

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
A la carte IS the future, I never said it was cheaper, nor do I think it will be individual channels. It'll be groupings of channels owned by the same company. It might be cheaper to an individuals budget who doesn't need 200 channels, and only buys a handful of things they want,
:rotfl: You keep believing....

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
Here's a positive thought for Jets fans. The Jets only owe Green Bay a 2nd round pick instead of 1st round because Rodgers isn't playing 65% of their snaps this season.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
High School GIF

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Game wasn’t on pay per view?
Uh that is a negative Einstein. Had it been on PPV, most of us cheap bastards, myself included, would NOT have paid to see it regardless of what we thought the outcome would be.. I could have those 3+ hours back:stirpot:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Game was over by 3:30pm and we didn’t have to wait all day for that shellacking. Don’t have to try to go to sleep while wrestling with how bad Napier’s in-game coaching is

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Game was over by 3:30pm and we didn’t have to wait all day for that shellacking. Don’t have to try to go to sleep while wrestling with how bad Napier’s in-game coaching is
Yeah gives you the rest of the day to get that shyt out of our heads. I doubt you can get the taste out of our mouths. Fing awful. Kentucky using us like the new inmate that shows up in his tighty whities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator