Let's project UF's 2019 record

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
There is zero doubt Franks starts vs scrotUM.
And that to me is a problem. Frank's is an above average Qb at best. Jones on the other hand looked very good in the spring game and looked pretty good when he got his chances last year so if Mullen can't polish him up enough to dethrone Frank's then we have a problem going forward.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
And that to me is a problem. Frank's is an above average Qb at best. Jones on the other hand looked very good in the spring game and looked pretty good when he got his chances last year so if Mullen can't polish him up enough to dethrone Frank's then we have a problem going forward.

I 100% think that Jones, Jones, and Trask should all get a chance to unseat Franks. However, you talk about polishing, there is still plenty of polishing to be done on Franks as well. Franks showed a lot of growth in his first year with a QB coach and OC in his life. His entire game did step up after Mizzou and a ot of that was due to his decision to join the running game more. I think it's too early to write him off entirely, but I do think players should be allowed to beat him out. I do think regardless of QB anything less than 10-2 is a complete failure.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I 100% think that Jones, Jones, and Trask should all get a chance to unseat Franks. However, you talk about polishing, there is still plenty of polishing to be done on Franks as well. Franks showed a lot of growth in his first year with a QB coach and OC in his life. His entire game did step up after Mizzou and a ot of that was due to his decision to join the running game more. I think it's too early to write him off entirely, but I do think players should be allowed to beat him out. I do think regardless of QB anything less than 10-2 is a complete failure.
Frank's has issues that can't be polished imo. You can be told daily until your blue in the face to scan the field and go through you're progressions but that doesn't mean he will do it. I think that's something that comes naturally and he just don't possess that in himself.

I also don't believe he can read a defense either, it's why he is constantly throwing into double and triple coverage. Now that can be taught but after watching him a 2 full seasons and 1 being under Mullen I just don't think he's smart enough to read the defense quick enough.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Frank's has issues that can't be polished imo. You can be told daily until your blue in the face to scan the field and go through you're progressions .
scanning the field is the opposite of going threw a progression.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Miami Orlando, Fla. Win
September 7 UT Martin Gainesville, Fla. Easy Win
September 14 Kentucky Lexington, Ky. Close Win
September 21 Tennessee Gainesville, Fla. Win
September 28 Towson Gainesville, Fla. Easy Win
October 5 Auburn Gainesville, Fla. Win
October 12 LSU Baton Rouge, La. Close Loss
October 19 South Carolina Columbia, S.C. Win
October 26 BYE
November 2 Georgia Jacksonville, Fla. Close Win
November 9 Vanderbilt Gainesville, Fla. Win
November 16 Missouri Columbia, Mo. Close Win, it is Mo
November 23 BYE
November 30 Florida State Gainesville, Fla. Win
December 7 SEC Championship Atlanta, Ga. Might not be in this game

So 11-1 with a victory in a decent bowl game. Now those close wins might be close losses.

With only SEC loss to LSU, we’d be guaranteed to win the EAST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator