Auburn lands Hugh Freeze, who desperately wants Todd Grantham

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Saturday
Oct. 15
Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs Football Schedule' Bulldogs Football Schedule Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs Williams Stadium, Lynchburg, VA3:30pm ETESPN+W 21-20

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Liberty's only loss was at Wake by 1 simply due to them going for 2 and the win with a minute left in the game and not converting. They are legit.
They have only played 3 Power5 teams so far. They got beat by Wake Forest, they beat Arkansas and BYU. BYU is nothing to brag about. So IMO, Arkansas is the only reasonably tough opponent they have faced. Not sure I would call them legit.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze is 34-12 at Liberty.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They have only played 3 Power5 teams so far. They got beat by Wake Forest, they beat Arkansas and BYU. BYU is nothing to brag about. So IMO, Arkansas is the only reasonably tough opponent they have faced. Not sure I would call them legit.
They’ve done pretty well after losing Willis to the NFL.

Hugh will land a job somewhere bigger soon.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I took Liberty on a successful 3 team parlay this past weekend. Should have bet the money line.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Billy said they were a great team. This guy may end up on our staff, If that ends up being the case, I hope he's at least a good position coach.
He was a really good recruiter and receivers coach. He'd a good one to add as an analyst then plug him in if colbert gets a better job.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
The way your boys’ secondary is playing, if I were Bam-muh, I wouldn’t want any part of them

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
HUGH Freeze is who I wanted as our head coach in 2014, 2017, and 2021. The guy would turn a program like Florida into a dynasty. Elite recruiter and head coach.

Billy was a great hire though.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Cadillac is going to muddy the waters here. And Auburn, in true Auburn fashion, is going to allow a mess to be created. He’s done an admirable job in creating some positivity, as should’ve been expected. But I don’t think he’s viewing this audition in the same way that the upper brass are. There’s zero chance he actually gets the job, imo, but the players are gravitating to him and will likely demand he gets serious consideration. When they hire someone else, they will have a locker room of guys who will now have wanted to play for two different coaches, neither of whom they’ll be playing for. If they don’t crush the hire, they’ll be an even bigger disaster than I imagined.

And yes, Freeze just showed why he wasn’t ever my choice. Really good head coach that will win 9-10 games, but never a championship. We already had something similar.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Cadillac is going to muddy the waters here. And Auburn, in true Auburn fashion, is going to allow a mess to be created. He’s done an admirable job in creating some positivity, as should’ve been expected. But I don’t think he’s viewing this audition in the same way that the upper brass are. There’s zero chance he actually gets the job, imo, but the players are gravitating to him and will likely demand he gets serious consideration. When they hire someone else, they will have a locker room of guys who will now have wanted to play for two different coaches, neither of whom they’ll be playing for. If they don’t crush the hire, they’ll be an even bigger disaster than I imagined.

And yes, Freeze just showed why he wasn’t ever my choice. Really good head coach that will win 9-10 games, but never a championship. We already had something similar.
Primo Eddie?

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I am sure that Jimmy Rane has made it obvious to the morons at the Barn that at worst he would like to hire a real Cadillac , not one in name only. However Jimmy is clearly aimimg for a Ferrari or better.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015

Reminds me a lot of the Odell Haggins situation when Taggelwain was fired from the SOW.

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
HUGH Freeze is who I wanted as our head coach in 2014, 2017, and 2021. The guy would turn a program like Florida into a dynasty. Elite recruiter and head coach.

Billy was a great hire though.
You had me until the last sentence.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Auburn wants to land a guy in Kiffin who doesn't believe in recruiting? I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.