Life and death at FSU

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Three people shot and killed on Campus. Early reports say shooting was at the Library.

As far as I can tell this is not a sick joke...

Shooter was shot and killed.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Crab leg deal gone wrong.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n111075 said:
Three people shot and killed on Campus. Early reports say shooting was at the Library.

As far as I can tell this is not a sick joke...

Shooter was shot and killed.

Three people shot and taken to local hospitals. The only confirmed death is the shooter. News conference at 6:00 AM with more details.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow that could have been a lot worse. That's bad.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They must have called in some out of town cops to handle this.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
A friend's daughter was at the library at the time of the shooting. That's pretty scary getting that text.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The shocking news here is that FSU has a library.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Just another reason that school should be burnt down. Is it any wonder things like this happen when people at fsu don't think there are consequences for their actions?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n111140 said:
Just another reason that school should be burnt down. Is it any wonder things like this happen when people at fsu don't think there are consequences for their actions?

This is one of the more moronic statements I have ever seen.

1. Using an act of a crazy individual that may have cost lives to put down a rival school (this also includes a couple other pathetic statements above regarding crab legs and out of town cops)
2. Assuming that this has anything to do with the alleged cover-ups of the football team
3. Being ignorant to the fact that this has happened at other places.

There should be nothing but sorrow for those injured.. this easily could have been at UF, UCF, USF, UM, etc....

GatorPhD

Sep 5, 2014
Kyng;n111082 said:
Crab leg deal gone wrong.
​
BMF;n111100 said:
It happened in the library, so we know Jameis didn't do it.

I know this is a message board and I know the atmosphere in here is pretty nasty and rude sometimes, but honestly you people should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a joking or humorous matter. These are peoples lives that were at stake by some person making bad choices. It could happen at UF as easily as it happen at FSU last night. This is not a matter of us vs. them. This is a time when we should be coming together as a community and has nothing to do with Football or any other sport. These are our friends, neighbors and relatives that are going to school to better themselves. Many people on campus and off campus, students, parents, grandparents, had a long and scary night.

Honestly, this attitude is enough to turn me off coming here anymore. I have family that went to FSU (and before you make any additional stupid comments they went there because the music education program is hands-down the best in the state) and any one of them could have been there in the library on a school night and been caught in a situation like this. I'm not a prolific poster, but I came here when I found it because I missed the old GSMB style of good posters, humor and just enough hatred of FSU, UGA and others. I lurk everyday and read most every thread. However, these comments and ones like them are completely uncalled for at this time. Maybe you should think before you type stupid comments next time.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed. This is a bad time for them. I don't like the Semis in sports and rival bantering. But this is really terrible and that's bad for those kids. Can't imagine how the parents and families feel right now.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorPhD;n111153 said:
​

I know this is a message board and I know the atmosphere in here is pretty nasty and rude sometimes, but honestly you people should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a joking or humorous matter. These are peoples lives that were at stake by some person making bad choices. It could happen at UF as easily as it happen at FSU last night. This is not a matter of us vs. them. This is a time when we should be coming together as a community and has nothing to do with Football or any other sport. These are our friends, neighbors and relatives that are going to school to better themselves. Many people on campus and off campus, students, parents, grandparents, had a long and scary night.

Honestly, this attitude is enough to turn me off coming here anymore. I have family that went to FSU (and before you make any additional stupid comments they went there because the music education program is hands-down the best in the state) and any one of them could have been there in the library on a school night and been caught in a situation like this. I'm not a prolific poster, but I came here when I found it because I missed the old GSMB style of good posters, humor and just enough hatred of FSU, UGA and others. I lurk everyday and read most every thread. However, these comments and ones like them are completely uncalled for at this time. Maybe you should think before you type stupid comments next time.

:clap:

Agree... and I didn't post this earlier, but if I were Ox... I would ban alll 3 for at least a week to reserve the integrity of the message board.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014

:ban:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.