9d52c9dfc0ee2409446d8aff8944e519e7997c213e2771262fa99e00fa0b6956.jpg

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gators!

Today we are all family, even FSU fans..

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the latest update: Noon update:
The Associated Press is reporting the gunman who shot three people at Florida State University before being killed by police was a lawyer who graduated from the school.
The AP said a police official identified the shooter as Myron May, who graduated from Florida State before attending Texas Tech University's law school. The official requested anonymity because he was not authorized to release the name.
May was fatally shot early Thursday after he shot three people at the Florida State library. Two are hospitalized and one has been released.
Abigail Taunton told the AP that May had recently been staying at a guest house she owns in a rural area in the Florida Panhandle. She said police interviewed her husband, David, after the shooting.
The news of the suspect's identity came shortly after hundreds, if not a thousand, Florida State University students and supporters turned out for an impromptu memorial service for the victims in the Thursday morning shooting at Strozier Library.
Some broke into prayer groups, others into a solemn Tomahawk chop, while some broke out into a rendition of "Hymn of the Garnet and Gold."
Some students have described campus as eerie and a ghost town the morning after a gunman entered the library, fired shots that injured three and eventually died in a shootout with police officers.
Pastor Dean Inserra of City Church Tallahassee led a sea of students in prayer in the part of Landis Green not marked with police crime-scene tape.
Most students, devout or not, took time to be silent for the victims.
"There's no words really," said Rachael Mesnik, 21, an FSU senior. "It's surreal because like you hear about things like this happening but when it really happens to your campus it kind of hits harder."

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is another story about a student who was leaving the library and saw the shooter fire twice from close range at a person, who crumpled to the ground. The witness ran, got in his car and drove to his off campus apartment. 2 1/2 hours later, he dumped out his backpack and a roommate discovered a bullet lodged in one of his books. Only then did he realize that the first shot was aimed at him...

So...how do you think he is feeling today? And will he ever forget this?

I don't like FSU...but I am feeling so bad for these kids...an event that will stay with them for a long time...if not forever.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Having a fiancé shot 5 times in the head at FSU (40 years ago), this brought deep tears for the victims and
their loved ones. These going-wild shooters aiming at mass killings is minuscule to the # of young college girls
stalked, abducted to rape and murder. Only a minuscule percentage of those make the news.

I'm going to try to find out more about the condition of those shot. This is horrific for all colleges.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Two victim-students taken to hospital for treatment of gunshot wounds. One was treated at the scene for
graze-wound. Thank God no-one was killed … except the violence-crazed shooter. Be interesting to know
how police got their in such good timing ?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Student called 911...FSU Police responded from nearby...library is generally busy so officers are never far away. TPD picked up the call and responded at the request of FSU. The gunman was shot by FSU Police...TPD, due to resources, is handling the investigation.

No update on the student shot at close range...will be a miracle if he/she/survives.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Brought back memories of Danny Rolling and the day one of my subordinates walked up to me and set his laptop on my desk with the CNN Breaking News story about the Al Queda beheading of Jack Hensley covering the screen. All he said was "That's my uncle" and walked away.

Prayers for all those involved.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Shooter was Myron May. Graduated from FSU, then Texas Tech Law School. Licensed to practice law in 2 states,
but not in Florida. He only had a handgun explains the minimum of victims. Outside the library the police ordered him
to drop his weapon. He started firing and police shot him down. (probably suicide by cop scenario)

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
CapitalGator02;n111407 said:
Too bad Winston has never stepped foot in the library.

If I see another post like this the individual is getting a vacation. Rivalries are fun, making fun of a tragic events such as this is not acceptable. Period.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n111286 said:
And you're sitting here on this message board making judgments on other posters... Whats that make you?

We all have different opinions on things, as an example, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a dress for Halloween, even if I were trying to dress like a Roman Emperor. I don't have the legs for it. Some people would think thats ok. Doesn't mean I would resort to calling you names for it...

I'm making judgements on you. I think they are pretty accurate by the way you keep going. I'm sorry that your mother and 6 people got killed... I don't think it would be right for somebody outside your family to use that situation to insult you.

It's one thing to make a joke... it is another to use a situation as a way to throw an insult, that is low class. If you want to find a joke just to make people laugh... OK, I get that, but using the tragedy as way to throw an insult.. that does make you an ass. You are what you are.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n111148 said:
This is one of the more moronic statements I have ever seen.

1. Using an act of a crazy individual that may have cost lives to put down a rival school (this also includes a couple other pathetic statements above regarding crab legs and out of town cops)
2. Assuming that this has anything to do with the alleged cover-ups of the football team
3. Being ignorant to the fact that this has happened at other places.

There should be nothing but sorrow for those injured.. this easily could have been at UF, UCF, USF, UM, etc....

Wouldn't happen at UF. Champ cleaned the whole program up. We are losers, yes but other than that....

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n111197 said:
My only hope is that the shooter got blasted in the face so his family can't do an open casket. I am truly sick of these cowards shooting defenseless people.

That's actually mean. A lot of times the family of a maniac suffers more than the suspect. He was still someone's kid. Now I will add you should be banned until we win again, see you next year!

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n111220 said:
Glad you got that off your chest and exercised your right to "cope" with this tragedy. Maybe you can spend some time with those 200-300 students who were in that library that literally looked death in the face and teach them how to cope as well. I'm sure they're all in the mood to make light of the situation and crack jokes to make themselves feel better.
I wish those 200-300 would start lobbying for adult students to be able to protect themselves on campus. CCW would be nice, students are sitting ducks these days

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n111554 said:
I wish those 200-300 would start lobbying for adult students to be able to protect themselves on campus. CCW would be nice, students are sitting ducks these days

No, schools are "no gun zones".....oh, wait.....

I agree, it's idiotic to deny basic self defense. When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n111554 said:

So, I'm running late for class...............need to remember:
1. Homework - check
2. Backpack - check
3. House keys - check
4. Glock - check

Seriously, you think campuses would be safer if everyone carried a hand gun around with them?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n111637 said:
1. Homework - check
2. Backpack - check
3. House keys - check
4. Glock - check

Seriously, you think campuses would be safer if everyone carried a hand gun around with them?

Yes, because if everybody had a gun, people would be a lot more polite in this world. You can't guess if the other guy is a quicker draw than you just by looking at him/her.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, I hope I didn't start a new debate here. You are responsible for your own safety ill leave it at that.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n111637 said:
Originally posted by Floridagator View Post

1. Homework - check
2. Backpack - check
3. House keys - check
4. Glock - check

I believe he said campuses would be safer if people who had a permit weren't prohibited from carrying. There's a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb