Life and death at FSU

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is no law that can stop something like this from happening and they are lucky he did not flat out go on a shooting spree...could have been a whole lot worse. If guns were allowed, not everyone would choose that option, but some would. A criminal would not know who is and who isn't carrying, which can be a great deterrent.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There is nothing but truth in the statement "the only thing that can stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun".

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n111761 said:
There is no law that can stop something like this from happening and they are lucky he did not flat out go on a shooting spree...could have been a whole lot worse. If guns were allowed, not everyone would choose that option, but some would. A criminal would not know who is and who isn't carrying, which can be a great deterrent.
:exactly:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's far too easy for crazy people to get guns. Or even partially crazy people. And then you have people like the former police officer in Tampa that got mad at someone talking on their phone during previews at a movie, argued with him and then shot and killed him. Our world is completely effed up.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n111909 said:
It's far too easy for crazy people to get guns. Or even partially crazy people. And then you have people like the former police officer in Tampa that got mad at someone talking on their phone during previews at a movie, argued with him and then shot and killed him. Our world is completely effed up.

This. I don't trust anyone with a gun, especially a cop or ex-cop. They make me nervous - power hungry authoritative types are not the ones I want carrying guns.
I submit that those who feel the need to carry a permitted weapon with them, are not altogether right in the head to begin with. A little paranoid if you ask me.
This discussion reminds me of Walter from The Big Lebowski - funny scene (mark it zero, Dude), but a frightening depiction of what could happen.
I can see both sides of the gun control argument, I'm just on the 'more control' side of the argument because I think if we allowed everyone permitted to carry a weapon to do so, we'd be reliving the old west (especially at night when the bars let out).

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n112333 said:
This. I don't trust anyone with a gun, especially a cop or ex-cop. They make me nervous - power hungry authoritative types are not the ones I want carrying guns.
I submit that those who feel the need to carry a permitted weapon with them, are not altogether right in the head to begin with. A little paranoid if you ask me.
This discussion reminds me of Walter from The Big Lebowski - funny scene (mark it zero, Dude), but a frightening depiction of what could happen.
I can see both sides of the gun control argument, I'm just on the 'more control' side of the argument because I think if we allowed everyone permitted to carry a weapon to do so, we'd be reliving the old west (especially at night when the bars let out).

I see nothing wrong with drunk idiots meeting outside in the street to kill each other. It rids the world of more idiots and leaves the world safer for the rest of us.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n112346 said:
I see nothing wrong with drunk idiots meeting outside in the street to kill each other. It rids the world of more idiots and leaves the world safer for the rest of us.

Agreed. But do you trust those drunken idiots to shoot straight and not hit innocent bystanders?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n112349 said:
Agreed. But do you trust those drunken idiots to shoot straight and not hit innocent bystanders?

There are very few "innocent bystanders" on the streets after the bars close.

BoomTown

Founding Member
Mc's Red Headed Stepchild
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n112333 said:

"Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a SH!+ about the rules? MARK IT ZERO!" -- did someone call? :banana:

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n112346 said:

Wow. That's an interesting take... Maybe this little 15 month old girl that died while jumping on her bed will change your mind. There are tons of examples of innocent bystanders who are NOT on the street, that get killed by stray bullets. I sure hope you don't make any more statements encouraging this type of behavior. :eek:ldman:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n112333 said:

So to be fair, one could say: I don't trust you, or anyone else, driving stoned not to kill an innocent driver or person on the sidewalk. A car driven by a person impaired in ability to reason & make good judgments is just as deadly as a gun, perhaps more so. Therefore, nobody should be allowed to use pot. What's the difference? Personal opinion?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n112439 said:
There are very few "innocent bystanders" on the streets after the bars close.

So in your wild west world, someone's walking out of a bar and gets shot because two idiots want to duel in the street, they deserved to get shot?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n112482 said:
So to be fair, one could say: I don't trust you, or anyone else, driving stoned not to kill an innocent driver or person on the sidewalk. A car driven by a person impaired in ability to reason & make good judgments is just as deadly as a gun, perhaps more so. Therefore, nobody should be allowed to use pot. What's the difference? Personal opinion?

That's a decent argument 2bag. I think there's a huge difference, buy that is my personal opinion. :wink:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you need better sarcasm detectors. No I don't think we need to return to the days of the wild west. But taking guns away from innocent people, doesn't make bad people any better.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n112732 said:
Some of you need better sarcasm detectors. No I don't think we need to return to the days of the wild west. But taking guns away from innocent people, doesn't make bad people any better.

Use a 'wink' or something, if you're going to be sarcastic. It can be hard to detect around here sometimes. But I should have known, coming from you. :wink:
See, it works! :highfive:

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n112482 said:

Well the main argument for making drugs illegal were that they altered the consciousness so much that people couldn't make rational decisions.

But forget drugs. Just talk about driving period. There are A LOT of bad drivers out there. Automobile deaths dwarf firearm deaths in this county. There is no constitutional right to drive. Why not just ban them?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I knew I shouldn't click on this thread but I couldn't resist.

NavetG8r;n111410 said:
If I see another post like this the individual is getting a vacation. Rivalries are fun, making fun of a tragic events such as this is not acceptable. Period.
NavetG8r;n112346 said:

:rolleyes: I presume you banned yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.