Lightning: Back to Back Champions

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
What an amazing team the Lightning are, can win shootouts or shutouts!
giphy.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'd argue last year was harder because of the moronic format of having to stay in the bubble

It was an abbreviated season that caught a lot of teams off guard. Arguments can be made a lot of ways and many penciled an asterisk by our 2020. Whatever the argument is about last season doesn't matter now.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
It was an abbreviated season that caught a lot of teams off guard. Arguments can be made a lot of ways and many penciled an asterisk by our 2020. Whatever the argument is about last season doesn't matter now.
Well...it was a continuation. Didn't they stop the season then restart? It was really weird

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fuk all things Canadian.........

Go Bolts!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Look at Vasi in that pic with the cup...still got his eyes on the prize! That cup has never had such a focused player look at it.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well...it was a continuation. Didn't they stop the season then restart? It was really weird

Yes, stopped mid season, came up with a wild card playoff for the fringe teams then went into the cup. A hockey season is about getting into the playoffs without peaking yet but starting to so when a season gets disrupted like it was last season you will have controversy. Thats why the President Cup winner rarely wins the cup...because they peaked already.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Yes, stopped mid season, came up with a wild card playoff for the fringe teams then went into the cup. A hockey season is about getting into the playoffs without peaking yet but starting to so when a season gets disrupted like it was last season you will have controversy. Thats why the President Cup winner rarely wins the cup...because they peaked already.
Well its not like the bolts werent good that year before it shut down. I would argue it was harder to win in the bubble mentally

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Well its not like the bolts werent good that year before it shut down. I would argue it was harder to win in the bubble mentally

I really think you would be arguing with yourself then. Not sure why you are pushing me into an argument I aint making. All I said was that many inked an asterisk next to our cup last season and we just erased it last night. Are you arguing that there aren't people out there that gave us an asterisk because I had many people tell me that to my face? Or are you arguing that I think we had an asterisk?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How the fvk Vasi didn’t win the Vezina 3 years in a row baffles the mind.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Holy Crap. I love this guy!!! I thought the same thing after game 4. The habs looked so happy to finally win a game against us you would have thought they won the cup that night. I love that Kucherov broke the mold of the typical hockey player interview and told it how it is.

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
You fuchsing Canadia people disgust me.

We don't have a lot of canadiens on our team. We have a lot of Russians who love being in America making $! Last night was beautiful, there was no kneeling during the anthem, there was a whole coliseum of Americans singing the national anthem while they passed a huge flag through the stands. It was refreshing. Meanwhile, in the sport of football that we all love so much, we have to sit through a bunch of self centered moron activists who have no idea how lucky they are to be able to play the sport they love in front of people who love watching the play it. Put a football player on the ice with a hockey player and they will get destroyed. Put a hockey player on the football field with football players and they will survive a lot longer and probably beat the living crap out of some of those babies. The more and more I think about it I really like hockey way more. Maybe you should give it a try. It is a beautiful game.

EDIT: And considering your hate for Canadiens, you really would have loved last night.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
We don't have a lot of canadiens on our team. We have a lot of Russians who love being in America making $! Last night was beautiful, there was no kneeling during the anthem, there was a whole coliseum of Americans singing the national anthem while they passed a huge flag through the stands. It was refreshing. Meanwhile, in the sport of football that we all love so much, we have to sit through a bunch of self centered moron activists who have no idea how lucky they are to be able to play the sport they love in front of people who love watching the play it. Put a football player on the ice with a hockey player and they will get destroyed. Put a hockey player on the football field with football players and they will survive a lot longer and probably beat the living crap out of some of those babies. The more and more I think about it I really like hockey way more. Maybe you should give it a try. It is a beautiful game.

EDIT: And considering your hate for Canadiens, you really would have loved last night.

Well, I'm sold.

Btw, these Russians on the team. They wouldn't happen to be in their 30's, rail thin with red hair, would they? I'm asking for a friend. Well, two friends.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
It’s short for “Les Habitants Canadiens” - which is French for “Canadians”, Montreal being in French-speaking Quebec.

Another theory...

Why Are the Montreal Canadiens Called the Habs? (liveabout.com)

Habs Might Be an Erroneous Nickname
The "Habs" nickname might have been the result of an error in 1924. The first man to refer to the team as the Habs was Tex Rickard, the found of the National Hockey League and the owner of Madison Square Garden. Rickard apparently told a reporter that the "H" in the logo on the Canadiens' jerseys stood for habitants, which is not true. The distinctive C-wrapped-around-H logo stands for the hockey team's official name, le Club de Hockey Canadien. The "H" stands for "hockey."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.