List your favorite one hit wonders

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.

Sheb Wooley actually had careers under multiple aliases. He had the one single and was a TV & movie actor & Rodeo star as Sheb Wooley. He was a weather man, comedian and country music singer as Ben Colder. I love it when a weather man takes on a name like Ben Colder.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
...........I think I messed this up WAY back when the thread started. STILL the best one hit wonder.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There was this girl in college named starlena pennington, hooters waitress. That was one serious one hit wonder.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
New Girl Now by Honeymoon Suite. Heard it on the old Miami Vice series. Nothing else by them that I know of.

Magic by Pilot came out in high school. Cheesy, but that kind of stuff was popular. For some reason the girls seemed to like this.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
wow - great list @TLB
The only band that might have had more than one hit would be J Geils-
“I Must Have Got Lost” #12, “Love Stinks” #38, “Freeze Frame” #4, and one of my favorites “Looking For a Love” #39 ...were also hits, although not on the scale of “Centerfold” #1.
Freeze Frame was one of my favorites my Sr. year in HS, 1982.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Taco “Putting on the Ritz”
Looking Glass. “Brandy”

Honestly mostly I listen to country Rock/ Blues and bluegrass Folk, some rap and pop (cause of my kids mostly)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Freeze Frame was one of my favorites my Sr. year in HS, 1982.

:doh:

Not a one hit wonder. That isn't even their biggest hit.

And they had a few minors back in the 70s even.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
New Girl Now by Honeymoon Suite. Heard it on the old Miami Vice series. Nothing else by them that I know of.

Magic by Pilot came out in high school. Cheesy, but that kind of stuff was popular. For some reason the girls seemed to like this.

I think this is a one hitter:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not a one hit wonder. That isn't even their biggest hit.

I better clear this up before this gets out of hand and Bart has to burn an extra bowl to calm down.

I had replied to TLB’s post about J Geils being a one hit wonder. I had pointed out several hits to which @Detroitgator verbally wacked me with another of their hits. @GatorBart was just replying that he liked one of the J Geils tunes I listed.

Are we all good now?
And now...back to the tunes!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I better clear this up before this gets out of hand and Bart has to burn an extra bowl to calm down.

I had replied to TLB’s post about J Geils being a one hit wonder. I had pointed out several hits to which @Detroitgator verbally wacked me with another of their hits. @GatorBart was just replying that he liked one of the J Geils tunes I listed.

Are we all good now?
And now...back to the tunes!

Yeah, I was just adding to your list, not bashing ya!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Oh SURE you weren’t. You brought out the ‘F’ word. :(

good catch on that tune too. I had forgotten about that one. :fistbump:
I think I was in 7th or 8th Grade when my sister took me to the Love Stinks concert (she worked handing out stuff for WRIF and got in free) and they played all their old stuff (musta got lost) through Sanctuary album and Love Stinks album (Come Back was on that one too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.