Looking ahead to the KY game...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Got bored and actually watched some of their game with Ohio. I doubt their offense poses much of a threat watching that but they said they were missing 2 key offensive starters in the game and the QB is pretty mobile. As far as their defense it was hard to tell I guess since it was Ohio they were playing but they seemed to be pretty good against the run. Ohio burned them a couple of times on deep passes but their receivers dropped the ball. The one thing that stood out was they had a light DE (probably about 235) that seemed to find his way to the area of the QB a lot and very fast sometimes. He was running around the tackle very quickly many times without much resistance due to his speed. It kind of reminded me of the Missouri game with us last season and how Sam was running right around our tackles. That has me a little worried especially hearing Humphries will be out.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's officially ham sammich week!

hamsammich.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only issue with DJ being out is the shuffling of the line. But he's been out so much in his career this should be expected and they should have a solid lineup for this exact case.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n44590 said:
The only issue with DJ being out is the shuffling of the line. But he's been out so much in his career this should be expected and they should have a solid lineup for this exact case.

Do you know who will take his place ? If it is Moore somehow that DE will get a bunch of sacks.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure of one thing...Roper will trust his WRs and RBs a little more to open up a little more of the play book against KY that we didn't see yesterday. We have one week to pick it up a notch before heading to Tuscaloosa and we can't afford to play with a small play book.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n44673 said:
I'm sure of one thing...Roper will trust his WRs and RBs a little more to open up a little more of the play book against KY that we didn't see yesterday. We have one week to pick it up a notch before heading to Tuscaloosa and we can't afford to play with a small play book.

I know its KY but looking at the depth chart unless some shuffling goes on its Thurman/Moore at LG and true freshman Sharpe at LT. That is a scary thought on the left side going into the Bama game and even the KY game with their quick DEs.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever said:
GatorJ;n44590 said:

Do you know who will take his place ? If it is Moore somehow that DE will get a bunch of sacks.
Based on yesterday it will be either Green or Sharpe.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever said:
G8RNGA;n44673 said:

I know its KY but looking at the depth chart unless some shuffling goes on its Thurman/Moore at LG and true freshman Sharpe at LT. That is a scary thought on the left side going into the Bama game and even the KY game with their quick DEs.
Green played more snaps at LT than Sharpe did with Rod Johnson playing RT. We'll see. I think Green gets the start with Johnson at RT. But, I think they will rotate Sharpe in as well to get him snaps.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
G8RNGA;n44673 said:

It was definitely a small playbook. We know Roper loves the QB run but he wasn't willing to risk Driskel running and/or wanted the passing reps to attempt to build a rhythm. I know we've said that in the past, only to find that there indeed was no more playbook, but this time I'm sure of it.

We'll also see some power formations for the redzone and short yardage I think.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
G8RNGA;n44673 said:

Thanks didn't know that

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;44593 said:
GatorJ;n44590 said:

Sharpe or Rod.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I think we will see read option where Driskel will keep some balls and run. There was no need for it this week. Our D will see a little more this week also as E Mich. O was trash.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
I think we will see read option where Driskel will keep some balls and run. There was no need for it this week. Our D will see a little more this week also as E Mich. O was trash.
That read option for Driskel was wide open all game, he could have had a lot of rushing yards. It just was not necessary against EMU.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n44716 said:
I'm curious if they let Driskel use his legs before we play Bama.
Driskel will break some monumental runs this year, a la Texas AM, Tennessee and Vandy in 2012.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I have hit some bumps that have thrown me in a bit of a tail-spin. I am having major surgery later in the week, so, I probably won't know the results of this game until days after it is played. Hopefully, things will work out and I will be able to join in on celebrating a great year. If not, I wish all of you the best and ask that you do a few chomps for me. I don't know any of you personally; yet, I feel like I have made some friends. As for the Kentucky, several self-appointed experts think Kentucky has a real chance of beating us, because of their defense. Their defense does look better, especially up front and we have some issues with our OL, due to Hump being out; however, I believe our guys are going to really be focused and play a better game than the first one. We will have them fighting over seats on the bus by halftime and will win big.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to seeing the 20,000 "fans" who just couldn't make it to the EMU game show up to cheer on "their" Florida Gators against Kentucky. :rolleyes3:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.