Looking ahead to the KY game...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pulling for you GI. Hang in there. It's the first year of the CFB playoffs. We need all the positive energy we can get and you're about as positive as they come. Good luck!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As an aside, Rog had major surgery a little while back and didn't post for about 2 weeks. This board was sick with worry.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thoughts and prayers GI...things have a way of working out...be strong! Football should take a back seat, but you come back and let us know you are okay...deal?

Kentucky sucks...and they will continue to suck...until they don't.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Anyone actually worried about UK is retarded. 20-3 against Ohio. They scored touchdowns on their first two possessions. They could only manage 6 more points the entire remainder of the game.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle said:
Anyone actually worried about UK is retarded. 20-3 against Ohio. They scored touchdowns on their first two possessions. They could only manage 6 more points the entire remainder of the game.
And Bingo was his name-o!

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. Hopefully, this surgery will reduce the pain I deal with every day. It's a high risk, high rewards kinda thing. I have great Doctors, so, I am going in expecting it to be a success. I just wish the malfunction had occurred in the off-season.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. Hopefully, this surgery will reduce the pain I deal with every day. It's a high risk, high rewards kinda thing. I have great Doctors, so, I am going in expecting it to be a success. I just wish the malfunction had occurred in the off-season.
I'll be praying for you get better

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Praying for you my friend. Hope you have a speedy recovery. God Bless!

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
prayers

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
G8RNGA;n44673 said:
I'm sure of one thing...Roper will trust his WRs and RBs a little more to open up a little more of the play book against KY that we didn't see yesterday. We have one week to pick it up a notch before heading to Tuscaloosa and we can't afford to play with a small play book.

I know its KY but looking at the depth chart unless some shuffling goes on its Thurman/Moore at LG and true freshman Sharpe at LT. That is a scary thought on the left side going into the Bama game and even the KY game with their quick DEs.
Most of the big runs came from the left side

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I have hit some bumps that have thrown me in a bit of a tail-spin. I am having major surgery later in the week, so, I probably won't know the results of this game until days after it is played. Hopefully, things will work out and I will be able to join in on celebrating a great year. If not, I wish all of you the best and ask that you do a few chomps for me. I don't know any of you personally; yet, I feel like I have made some friends. As for the Kentucky, several self-appointed experts think Kentucky has a real chance of beating us, because of their defense. Their defense does look better, especially up front and we have some issues with our OL, due to Hump being out; however, I believe our guys are going to really be focused and play a better game than the first one. We will have them fighting over seats on the bus by halftime and will win big.
Be tough!

I'll be praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

God Bless

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm said:
I don't think we see the full o package till Bama. I expect Jeff will have 15+ carries that game. We need a nice home SEC win and hopefully can do that and stay vanilla with our packages. I am happy with a 20 point margin against the Cats and let's keep all of the "rabbits in the hat" for Saban.
If Jeff runs 15 times a game, we are guaranteed a injury.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
Dealing with pain daily can make even the strongest people tremble.

Get well soon!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Here is what I see. Now I am not trying to be negative Nancy or anything, but I think some need to see that although we had an AWESOME game there are a lot of things that we need to work on. Here is where I believe if we can fix these issues we can be that dominate force in the SEC and could win it all.

1. 3rd and medium- Why did we need to go for it on 4th down 2 times on the first drive only to kick a FG? I know that we were trying to establish the passing game, but we have big WRs that better get open in these situations when it comes the thick of the schedule. If not we will lose close games.
2. Red Zone Offense- I know it was really week one, but we should've been able to get TDs on a couple of those red zone attempts instead of FGs. Where is the fade? We have the WTs that can go up and get it, so throw it to them.
3. Well that's it I just like making three points.

I know that some of this may have been by design, and we "don't want to show our cards". I love this win and it was the Gator Nation needed, and I can see great things for this team this year. #IGTBAFG!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GIGator said:
I have hit some bumps that have thrown me in a bit of a tail-spin. I am having major surgery later in the week, so, I probably won't know the results of this game until days after it is played. Hopefully, things will work out and I will be able to join in on celebrating a great year. If not, I wish all of you the best and ask that you do a few chomps for me. I don't know any of you personally; yet, I feel like I have made some friends. As for the Kentucky, several self-appointed experts think Kentucky has a real chance of beating us, because of their defense. Their defense does look better, especially up front and we have some issues with our OL, due to Hump being out; however, I believe our guys are going to really be focused and play a better game than the first one. We will have them fighting over seats on the bus by halftime and will win big.
From one Solider to another, prayers sent your way, good luck, and hope for a speedy recovery. God Bless

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n45308 said:
Here is what I see. Now I am not trying to be negative Nancy or anything, but I think some need to see that although we had an AWESOME game there are a lot of things that we need to work on. Here is where I believe if we can fix these issues we can be that dominate force in the SEC and could win it all.

1. 3rd and medium- Why did we need to go for it on 4th down 2 times on the first drive only to kick a FG? I know that we were trying to establish the passing game, but we have big WRs that better get open in these situations when it comes the thick of the schedule. If not we will lose close games.
2. Red Zone Offense- I know it was really week one, but we should've been able to get TDs on a couple of those red zone attempts instead of FGs. Where is the fade? We have the WTs that can go up and get it, so throw it to them.
3. Well that's it I just like making three points.

I know that some of this may have been by design, and we "don't want to show our cards". I love this win and it was the Gator Nation needed, and I can see great things for this team this year. #IGTBAFG!

3rd and medium: I think this was the plan from the beginning. Establish momentum. Don't allow our offense off the field on the first drive. The offense needed as many reps passing and catching as possible. We didn't have the 1st game of the season so they wanted as many people to feel comfortable in the offense as possible. We only had 1 game to do it.

Red Zone: It's a problem

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GatorJ;n45376 said:
3rd and medium: I think this was the plan from the beginning. Establish momentum. Don't allow our offense off the field on the first drive. The offense needed as many reps passing and catching as possible. We didn't have the 1st game of the season so they wanted as many people to feel comfortable in the offense as possible. We only had 1 game to do it.

Red Zone: It's a problem

I hope you are wrong about the red zone, but I do agree with you. If we can fix this before Bama I would be a Happy, Happy, Happy Gator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.