Looking ahead to the KY game...

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n45376 said:
3rd and medium: I think this was the plan from the beginning. Establish momentum. Don't allow our offense off the field on the first drive. The offense needed as many reps passing and catching as possible. We didn't have the 1st game of the season so they wanted as many people to feel comfortable in the offense as possible. We only had 1 game to do it. Red Zone: It's a problem
We definitely need to be better in the red zone to beat the top teams on our schedule. I'm sure it's a priority for Roper.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Going for it on 4th down when you have faith in your defense, should be a regular occurrence. If we are on the +side of the 50, I think we should treat 4th down just like 3rd down. Not that FG's aren't good but from the 35 out when it's 4th and 3 or less, we should just go for it. What good will punting or missing a long FG do?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n45411 said:
Going for it on 4th down when you have faith in your defense, should be a regular occurrence. If we are on the +side of the 50, I think we should treat 4th down just like 3rd down. Not that FG's aren't good but from the 35 out when it's 4th and 3 or less, we should just go for it. What good will punting or missing a long FG do?

That would be suicide against the good teams. You pin them deep when you get the chance unless you are maybe around the 35. Muschamp/Roper were only doing that because we were playing such a poor defense.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator said:
I have hit some bumps that have thrown me in a bit of a tail-spin. I am having major surgery later in the week, so, I probably won't know the results of this game until days after it is played. Hopefully, things will work out and I will be able to join in on celebrating a great year. If not, I wish all of you the best and ask that you do a few chomps for me. I don't know any of you personally; yet, I feel like I have made some friends. As for the Kentucky, several self-appointed experts think Kentucky has a real chance of beating us, because of their defense. Their defense does look better, especially up front and we have some issues with our OL, due to Hump being out; however, I believe our guys are going to really be focused and play a better game than the first one. We will have them fighting over seats on the bus by halftime and will win big.
Will be thinking of you. Can't wait until your first after UK game post!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The spread is always problematic in the red zone. There isn't a way around that unless your QB is the best FB in history.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Going into this week as with the rest of the season they need to continue with what we saw the other day. Win first down and keep it to a 3 and manageable. It will get tougher as the season progresses but certainly attainable.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just hope we don't get anyone hurt. It seems like someone important always gets hurt while we club Kintucky.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope so too. Would love to come out of this game with NO injuries at all. Then ready for Bammer.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to jump out to a 40+ lead by the half so we can pull all our starters for the second half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator