Louisiana legislature honors Danny Wuerffel for charitable work in state

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is cool. What a great Gator legend!

Louisiana legislature honors Danny Wuerffel for charitable work in state

http://gridironnow.com/louisiana-legislature-honors-danny-wuerffel-charitable-work-state/

Baton Rouge honoring a Gator? Thanks to Danny Wuerffel and his service in New Orleans, there’s something that Florida and LSU fans can agree on.

The Louisiana Senate passed a resolution Wednesday night honoring Wuerffel, the former Gators quarterback, for his charitable efforts in the state.

Louisiana Senate Resolution 210, introduced by John Milkovich (D-Shreveport), commends Wuerffel for his “immeasurable service in supporting spiritual and community development.”

Wuerffel began working with Desire Street Ministries, based in New Orleans, around the close of his NFL career with the Saints. He’s continued his efforts with the organization, which has worked to rebuild the communities of New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

In August 2016, the organization opened the Desire Community Square in the city’s Ninth Ward, the region most devastated by the hurricane.

Wuerffel’s latest honor comes more than 20 years after his Heisman Trophy in Florida’s national title season of 1996.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Making Gator Nation (and corndog nation?) proud!

:chomp:

Gator and Saint nation, know a few Saints fans who were not Gator fans who were very happy with Danny's time there. Even though he wasn't the quarterback they needed, he as a guy they could still root for.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was "my quarterback!" (picture Terrell Owens tearing up) I graduated in 95 and got to see quite a bit of DW!!

Who was "your" QB??

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Ooooof!

I posted earlier (in the Mark Stoops thread) that my very first game as a kid was the 1979 UF/Kentucky game.....and Larry Ochab was the QB. He's a MD now, right? Bob Hewko and Wayne Peace turned that around real quick the next year though.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ooooof!

I posted earlier (in the Mark Stoops thread) that my very first game as a kid was the 1979 UF/Kentucky game.....and Larry Ochab was the QB. He's a MD now, right? Bob Hewko and Wayne Peace turned that around real quick the next year though.
Peace was a solid QB. Of course, he was surrounded with some serious talent.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Danny was and is the epitome of class. And the toughest QB I have ever seen in college. Continues to make the Gator Nation proud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.