Lowering scholarship numbers and it’s effect on parity?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Like Major League Baseball, college football has always had a competitive imbalance. Why would it be addressed now? Because it’s not “fair” in a world where everything suddenly has to be fair and equal?

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Interesting article. On paper, it sounds good but here’s my take.
  1. The powerhouses that exist today would find a creative way to keep the competitive advantage. See Saban re: grey shirts and extra benefits.
  2. Until our UAA seriously commit$ to the football program, we’ll always eat at the little kids table. We’re still a day late and a dollar short in the arms races.
  3. Oh yeah, serious and organized coaching staffs help a great deal.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lowering the numbers even more was floated by some in the box and was popular. Hilarious.

You guys think lowering Bammer to 20 elite players and us to 20 3 stars somehow HELPS us? This is just as moronic.

No, giving us 30, 40, or even 50 per year (including transfers) is what we would need. The more we pick through the garbage the better chance we have at finding a gem or two and out a somewhat competitive 22 on the field.

As it is, we had guys who could play on Alabama at basically three positions.

Limiting our already pathetic recruiting would make it worse, not better.

It is also frankly already to the point that itis dangerous for the players. Youncant be putting 18 yo kids on the field w 5th or 6th yr seniors from a legitimate SEC S&C program who are going to have 50-70 pounds more muscle. You will just get them hurt.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lower scholarship numbers hurts us not helps us.

Moving back to 100, 110, or 120 for P5 teams, and leaving G5 at 85 or even 75, helps.

We need a helluva lot more players and hope for more lucky 3 stars, not less.

There is never going to be a draft where Bammer, OSU, LSU and Ugly only get one 5* and then everyone gets one before they pick again, nor should there be.

WE ARE THE FLAGSHIP IN THE BEST RECRUITING STATE IN THE COUNTRY and no one else wants to hear our whining.

The only reason we arent elite is because of our AD period.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Our AD was hired by a university administration that has de-prioritized football and wants us to be Vanderfuchsingbilt. Those people are not going anywhere and if they do they'll be replaced by others just like them. Get it through your pickled head that for that reason we are never going to be like Bama or Clemson.

The sad part is that many still haven’t realized what has happened and they still believe Stricklin when he babbles about winning with integrity and all that other crap meant to distract you from the reality.

I just watched the two playoff games and although I could come up with many words to describe the action, integrity never came to mind

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I read/saw somewhere as an idea, of limiting the number of 5*s that a team could have, which at face value doesn't seem too bad of an idea. My thought is not some idea of "fairness" but rather making college football a better product and making the season and games more compelling.

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
The sad part is that many still haven’t realized what has happened and they still believe Stricklin when he babbles about winning with integrity and all that other crap meant to distract you from the reality.

I just watched the two playoff games and although I could come up with many words to describe the action, integrity never came to mind
Schools like Florida think the task of the university is to prepare its students for the future in the endeavors of math, science, medicine, engineering, law, and the arts. Schools like OSU, Alabama & Clemson view their role as preparing their charges for the challenges of professional sports.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Now I know why you thought the Wonder Woman 84 movie wasn't terrible. You really do believe in the power of magic hahaha maybe you can go ask her to borrow that crystal dildo thing so you can make a wish on it, if she's not busy using it to fuchs Steve Trevor who looked like a total fagala in that movie
You want parity, you Participation Trophy Millennial. How about instead of recruiting, the NCAA evenly distributes blue chippers to every team in Div 1? And then they could rotate coaching staffs so every team has a fair chance. And a team will only be allowed to win the NC once every 130 years so that everybody gets a shot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I read/saw somewhere as an idea, of limiting the number of 5*s that a team could have, which at face value doesn't seem too bad of an idea. My thought is not some idea of "fairness" but rather making college football a better product and making the season and games more compelling.
Not having loser ADs is the only answer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Schools like Florida think the task of the university is to prepare its students for the future in the endeavors of math, science, medicine, engineering, law, and the arts. Schools like OSU, Alabama & Clemson view their role as preparing their charges for the challenges of professional sports.
:lmao2: Our football plays take Black Studies, like 99% of them. We regularly sign nonquals (often 5 per class) and take community college players who write w crayons or transfers from cowbell.

Stop axcting like we are Harvard or even Notre Dame.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Like Major League Baseball, college football has always had a competitive imbalance. Why would it be addressed now? Because it’s not “fair” in a world where everything suddenly has to be fair and equal?

Major League Baseball has a luxury tax to worry about. Every other league has salary caps to prevent LA/NY from winning every championship known to man.

You dont need 85 man rosters. NFL has 53. 60 Would be plenty and would spread more talent around which is needed in ncaaf

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You dont need 85 man rosters. NFL has 53. 60 Would be plenty and would spread more talent around which is needed in ncaaf
We can barely field a fuchsing team as it is.

Instead of playing FIU trash we would be playing walkons.

NFL can sign players in theiddle of the season and have to often. Exactly how do we do that with NCAA.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
We can barely field a fuchsing team as it is.

Instead of playing FIU trash we would be playing walkons.

NFL can sign players in theiddle of the season and have to often. Exactly how do we do that with NCAA.

You're actually pretty retarded or drunk....but youre a lawyer so im going to lean towards retarded.

We literally have had almost a full roster with about 2-3 walk on's...I know counting is hard for you but we haven't been that low since Mac and Chimp

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
What would have a real impact on parity would be to link scholarship availability
to previous year's final rankings. The higher the final ranking, the fewer the scholarships
that school can offer. The pros have adopted a form of reverse ranking in order to afford the bottom-feeders access to the best talent coming into the league, but I know, I know-unrealistic.

Last edited:

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The people who need to stop acting like that are Fuchs & Co. who run the whole show at UF. But they're NOT going to stop it anytime soon. In the meantime all you dopey simpletons who think we can become Bama simply by hiring a new AD and HC need to stop acting like you know what the fuchs you're talking about.

UAA hires the football coach and AD.

If you don’t think Fuchs has any influence over the HC and AD, why do you spend so much time b!tching about him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.