LSU claims they are the "Real" DBU; gave up 409 passing yards to Texas

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Corndoggers are talking about how their freshman DB phenom, Stingley, is going to be a game-changer. I'd love to see them line their freshman up against Jefferson and let him school the youngster with both speed and experience.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Texas QB Sam Ehlinger threw for 401 yards, 4 TD's, and 0 picks, and also rushed for 60 yards and another TD against them. TWO Texas WR's had 100-yard days against that secondary.

I smell a 500 yard day for Trask.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Texas QB Sam Ehlinger threw for 401 yards, 4 TD's, and 0 picks, and also rushed for 60 yards and another TD against them. TWO Texas WR's had 100-yard days against that secondary.

When is your new podcast?

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Interesting article on this. LSU says it's them.

Trash talk, LeBron tweets and an LSU-Florida showdown: The battle for DBU

Discuss.
Years back I was vacationing in the keys and we were on our way back from a night out on our hotel's tram. It was late (early) and I wasn't paying much attention to the guy in the row in front of me who was trying to make time with some girl, but out of nowhere I hear, "People call LSU the Harvard of the south!". I spit whatever I was drinking out everywhere as I belly laughed harder than I have in a long time. He and the girl turn back to me and my friends, and I can still barely contain my laughter and tears, but manage to get out that no one outside of Louisiana has ever made that comparison.

I think that my level of pure side splitting laughter didn't let him get too offended or confrontational and he simply turned red and said something to the effect that "some people say it anyway".

Almost as comical, years back, I interviewed at Harvard for medical school and one of my fellow applicants was from LSU. Unprompted, she brought up that if she were accepted, she'd have a really difficult decision to make between accepting the offer and staying at LSU for medical school.

Since then, I can't take anything, anyone from LSU says seriously.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
, she'd have a really difficult decision to make between accepting the offer and staying at LSU for medical school.

Since then, I can't take anything, anyone from LSU says seriously.
well, they are known as the Harvard of Central Looziana.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

I mean, Ehlinger is a pretty elite QB and Texas has a solid offense. They kicked georgia's ass in the Sugar Bowl last year and uga almost died when Bevo nearly speared him..

Trask should have a good day, but I'd take 250 yards and a win over stats.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017

Also, IDGAF about how they do in Pros for DBU or the like. It’s like comparing Danny, Tebow, etc. with their college and pro experiences. It’s ridiculous and same applies to non-QB positions. To my knowledge DBU is about consistently being a top or the top defensive backfield in college football. With that said, we still have quite a good track record even with a few busts.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
Someone needs to let them know that when others refer to them as DBU, the DB doesn't mean defensive back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator