LSU vs UCF: Time to complete the take-back of the state

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm frustrated that I originally picked UCF to cover a few weeks ago and then changed it this morning. :headslap:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
That was frustrating to watch. The refs were so giving crap to UCF the entire game. LSU's offense was on the field so much that instead of running the UCF defense down they actually wore themselves down. Every single one of their drives ended with them at the 10 yd line with the OL gasping for air. Didn't help that they used up all their timeouts in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half.

UCF would have a losing record if they played in the SEC. Even with Milton. Though ... he would have been knocked out for the season a lot sooner than this year. Probably sometime last year. He should consider himself lucky.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
And LSU playing with 9 starters that are now out of the game.

Best on best, UCF would have given LSU as tough a game as they did AU (a better team) last year.

I'd like to see UCF in a P5 conference. Their attendance was over 45k this year, which is about average for P5 conferences. They would fit nicely in the ACC or Big12.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
That was frustrating to watch. The refs were so giving crap to UCF the entire game. LSU's offense was on the field so much that instead of running the UCF defense down they actually wore themselves down. Every single one of their drives ended with them at the 10 yd line with the OL gasping for air. Didn't help that they used up all their timeouts in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half.

UCF would have a losing record if they played in the SEC. Even with Milton. Though ... he would have been knocked out for the season a lot sooner than this year. Probably sometime last year. He should consider himself lucky.
Yeah, the conditioning surprised me. I saw that as well. Early UCF had hands on hips; later LSU did. LSU more than doubled UCF's total offense.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Best on best, UCF would have given LSU as tough a game as they did AU (a better team) last year.
What other factor(s) does UCF need to win? A full moon? High tide? This is the problem; they need to be at complete, full strength to even compete with the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC. The UCF argument is a complete joke and their fan base should be embarrassed by the way they handle success.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

I'd like to see UCF in a P5 conference. Their attendance was over 45k this year, which is about average for P5 conferences. They would fit nicely in the ACC or Big12.
You can't be serious, Clark. LSU's average class is top 5-10. UCF's is around 50. LSU is two deep with blue-chippers. UCF is playing 2 and 3*s. UCF would get destroyed playing P5 talent every week. Even if they were in a P5 conference there's no reason to expect they'd be any better than a Duke.. or Idaho. You still have to recruit, hire expensive coaching staffs, build facilities, etc.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
UCF getting crushed would be the cherry on the sundae of our run taking back the state of Florida. I'm a big LSU fan today.

Discuss.

Crushed didn’t happen, despite a 3:1 TOP advantage and more than double the yards.

I thought the broadcast handled the “self-proclaimed” championship and playoff noise well, while still giving UCF appropriate respect for what they have accomplished.

They are like Boise State was a few years ago, the difference being UCF is a huge and growing major university in a major market in a large state.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Best on best ... Milton would be in the hospital.

Difference is ... LSU would be ready to go next week against another SEC team while UCF would be dead after 2-3 weeks of the schedule. They could play 10 times and LSU would beat them every single time. So would most of the rest of the SEC seeing how LSU is 6th in the SEC this year.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Crushed didn’t happen, despite a 3:1 TOP advantage and more than double the yards.

I thought the broadcast handled the “self-proclaimed” championship and playoff noise well, while still giving UCF appropriate respect for what they have accomplished.

They are like Boise State was a few years ago, the difference being UCF is a huge and growing major university in a major market in a large state.

Maybe they will grow up to be the UCLA of the New South.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Best on best ... Milton would be in the hospital.

Difference is ... LSU would be ready to go next week against another SEC team while UCF would be dead after 2-3 weeks of the schedule. They could play 10 times and LSU would beat them every single time. So would most of the rest of the SEC seeing how LSU is 6th in the SEC this year.
Agree. UCF lacks the size and physicality to match up week to week against SEC teams. It was like watching men against boys.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

All this major market crap is bs. If it was a major market the magic could keep a free agent every now and then. People go to Orlando for Disney world.The big 12 could give 2 shcits about adding ucf. They didn't even get a vote.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017

I love you man, but this ain't so. In Boise's runs they beat a couple legit major conference top 25 teams during the regular season and then won their bowls against major conference teams. UCF literally played no one with a pulse in this whole run except a worn down, emotionally broken Auburn. They just lost to a LSU team that was playing a back up WR at CB because they were literally out of bodies. Milton would have done no better because the Knights couldn't control the line of scrimmage. If the twos were coming in as subs and fresh behind the 1s LSU normally had this would have been an absolute blood letting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator