LSU vs UCF: Time to complete the take-back of the state

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
SEC? No. ACC? Absolutely. Big 12? They’d fit right in the no D league.

Yeah ... they would be bottom dwellers in the SEC, middle of the pack ACC and possible winning season perennial 2nd place in their division Big12 team. But they would never ever win a damn thing except maybe the meinike bowl or some other pre-Christmas scrub bowl.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
BTW ... after their showing today, I would hope that Strickland would let UCF AD White know that a 2 and 1 is just a bit too far out of their reach but they are happy to come get a check in Gville anytime.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
All this major market crap is bs. If it was a major market the magic could keep a free agent every now and then. People go to Orlando for Disney world.The big 12 could give 2 shcits about adding ucf. They didn't even get a vote.

Orlando is #18. Boise is #100. Yes, there are lots of tourists. It’s the #1 tourism destination in the world. That’s a reason to pull them in - great road trip for your fans.

I know the Big 12 spurned them. They shouldn’t have.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Best on best ... Milton would be in the hospital.

Difference is ... LSU would be ready to go next week against another SEC team while UCF would be dead after 2-3 weeks of the schedule. They could play 10 times and LSU would beat them every single time. So would most of the rest of the SEC seeing how LSU is 6th in the SEC this year.

That was what I was saying to a Ucf apologist earlier today. I, not even sure they were wouldn't beat Lsu if they played multiple times. They certainly weren’t non competitive. The issue is if they were facing an LSU’s caliber team this week, on the back of an Lsu caliber team last week, with a game against an Lsu caliber team next week, how would they handle it. There was nothing today that indicated they’re capable of taking that on. And that’s the argument. Not that they aren’t a good team, or that they couldn’t be competitive from time to time. But there’s zero chance they face our 2018 schedule and have fewer than 4 losses.

I’d also point out that the two teams playing for it all on Monday each had to rely on a blackup QB to lead a comeback this season in order to make it to where they are. Last year one of the finalists went all season with a backup under center. Injuries and relying on depth are part of the deal.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Orlando is #18. Boise is #100. Yes, there are lots of tourists. It’s the #1 tourism destination in the world. That’s a reason to pull them in - great road trip for your fans.

I know the Big 12 spurned them. They shouldn’t have.

Yeah ... because a conference bases their inclusion of a team into their conference because it offers a good place for their fans to road trip.

giphy.gif

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I love you man, but this ain't so. In Boise's runs they beat a couple legit major conference top 25 teams during the regular season and then won their bowls against major conference teams. UCF literally played no one with a pulse in this whole run except a worn down, emotionally broken Auburn. They just lost to a LSU team that was playing a back up WR at CB because they were literally out of bodies. Milton would have done no better because the Knights couldn't control the line of scrimmage. If the twos were coming in as subs and fresh behind the 1s LSU normally had this would have been an absolute blood letting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Unstoppable major CFB market, UCF in Orlando by its sunshine weather, no snow football seasons, readiness to entertain & accommodate visitors will become a successful P5 program.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I love you man, but this ain't so. In Boise's runs they beat a couple legit major conference top 25 teams during the regular season and then won their bowls against major conference teams. UCF literally played no one with a pulse in this whole run except a worn down, emotionally broken Auburn. They just lost to a LSU team that was playing a back up WR at CB because they were literally out of bodies. Milton would have done no better because the Knights couldn't control the line of scrimmage. If the twos were coming in as subs and fresh behind the 1s LSU normally had this would have been an absolute blood letting.

Just think how bad it would have been with everything you said AND a competent group of officials calling the game instead of a bunch of ACC clowns

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
SEC? No. ACC? Absolutely. Big 12? They’d fit right in the no D league.
The ACC is not taking UCF. they already have a Florida market and don't need another. The Big 12 is their only hope for a P5, but I believe they are probably 3rd or 4th on the wishlist for them. The main reason has to do with distance and part of the reason they were never really considered before is nobody wants to go there on a regular basis. West Virginia got in because they both needed each other at that time when the Big 12 and Big East were falling apart. West Virginia was certain the ACC was going to take them back then and then was the only major team from the old Big East left out. My guess would be Memphis as their first choice to get that market and is relatively close. Then they might make a run at BYU before settling on Houston. Now if they wanted to go to between 14-16 then yes I think UCF and USF would be fighting for a spot with Cincinnati.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The BIG12 considered expansion a couple of years ago and decided it wasn't in their plans. Texas runs that conference and it wasn't to their financial benefit so it ain't happening anytime soon. In any case UCF wasn't really in the conversation if you read what was written in their press. It was only the Central Florida press that talked about it as if it where a possibility. Too bad, soo sad UCF fans. You 'll likely never make it to the big leagues.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Better question is what he isn't eating.
Even though this was a tough day for you with your two favorite playoff teams, Ugly and Central, getting embarrassed but I want you to know that I still love you, bro, even, nay especially, when you are wrong.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The BIG12 considered expansion a couple of years ago and decided it wasn't in their plans. Texas runs that conference and it wasn't to their financial benefit so it ain't happening anytime soon. In any case UCF wasn't really in the conversation if you read what was written in their press. It was only the Central Florida press that talked about it as if it where a possibility. Too bad, soo sad UCF fans. You 'll likely never make it to the big leagues.

The Big 12 has other sports besides football they're competitive in: basketball, baseball, track, and swimming; West Virginia is usually pretty good in basketball--so it made sense for them to get the invite.

UCF brings nothing to the table besides a (currently) good football team. Their small stadium size really cripples the financial advantage they had the potential to bring to the table--but when teams you're competing with for potential invitations likes BYU and Houston have larger attendance potential: you're at a distinct disadvantage.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Texas runs that conference and it wasn't to their financial benefit so it ain't happening anytime soon.
Texas wants to beat Okie then play for an NC. They wouldn't even want to add competition.

They also keep some crazy amount of the revenue from the big 12, like 30-50% and Okie takes 10-20%. It's why every team that can leave, tries to leave the big 12.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Charging like a Golden Gnat, but he appears to be riding sidesaddle.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
CUSA2.0/AAC ends the year with zero wins over currently ranked (AP) teams. WAC2.0/MWC has 3
CUSA1.0 has 1
MAC has 1

Only Sunbelt joins AAC with zero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.