Lurkers - Here's what you are missing!

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This past week our Florida Gators vs. Kentucky official game thread had a respectable 400+ posts. What you lurkers are missing were the 4,000+ posts that happened in our live Chat Box before, during, and after the game.

The Chat Box is a unique feature for members only. If you want to be part of the best website for discussing anything Florida Gators related GatorChatter is The Premier Gator Destination on the web.

It costs nothing to become a member and start participating in the discussions of what will undoubtedly be a rollercoaster ride of a season.

So stop lurking and check out what you're missing in our Chat Box today!

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I got bumped with less than a minute left. I demand a refund.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Especially now, since the ChatBox has essentially shut down the regular "OffialGameDayThread" responders 'til after the game. They're all hustling in the speedier ChatBox.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Chat box should shut down during the games. We don't need to look all over the place for an appropriate place to b.i.t.c.h. Just my humble opinion.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Actually lurkers, you could get auto-cred for attacking Swamp Donkey with your first post -- he's a good sport to have around in times of babble. ;)

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Chat box should shut down during the games. We don't need to look all over the place for an appropriate place to b.i.t.c.h. Just my humble opinion.
I think that's what is great about the box. Everyone posts in there instead of starting a hundred threads about every impulse they have during the game. Imagine having to sift through all those thread to find which one to post your appropriate thoughts in.

Say it in the Chat Box and be done with it. It keeps the Main Sports forum much cleaner IMO.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Choose your side wisely. Pumpers, Dumpers, Negators, Trolls, Haters and Complainers. No matter what, you will be OWNED and DESTROYED by yours truly. Gator Chatter is the BEST Gator site on the web. Enter if you dare...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think that's what is great about the box. Everyone posts in there instead of starting a hundred threads about every impulse they have during the game. Imagine having to sift through all those thread to find which one to post your appropriate thoughts in.

Say it in the Chat Box and be done with it. It keeps the Main Sports forum much cleaner IMO.

Yep, for sure, during the game the *"OfficialGameThread had tumbleweed posts blowing through it.
I'm in training but so far ChatBox is too fast for me. I type a comment @ fool's play #7, by the time it gets printed, miracle play #8 is being writ about ? :confused:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't see much value in the chat box outside of game time. But it's a fantastic feature during game time.

However some people love it outside of game time. It's sort of like instant messaging and allows them to connect with other posters.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I like the immediacy of the box. Real, well most of the time, conversations and it helps me to get to know the posters better.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Choose your side wisely. Pumpers, Dumpers, Negators, Trolls, Haters and Complainers. No matter what, you will be OWNED and DESTROYED by yours truly. Gator Chatter is the BEST Gator site on the web. Enter if you dare...
Maybe some day you'll realize they're are no sides and you'll OWN and DESTROY yourself.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ChatBox is like a volleyball competition to me. I'm the player repeatedly jumping, arm cocked to spike and another guy leaps to it before me. The worse thing is that my MacPro has a glitch where the screen-page jump-scrolls out of context =
I cannot line up likes, the jump's got me liking not the comment I was lined up to and caosing me lost time trying to relocate my conversation stream. It makes a little blip sound and my page jumps.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently the lifetime memberships are being shared with Ox's new hype man.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The chat box is bipolarly epic. Especially the last 2 games. It's been fun to vent and then celebrate when we win. The reactions are priceless.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
ChatBox is like a volleyball competition to me. I'm the player repeatedly jumping, arm cocked to spike and another guy leaps to it before me. The worse thing is that my MacPro has a glitch where the screen-page jump-scrolls out of context =
I cannot line up likes, the jump's got me liking not the comment I was lined up to and caosing me lost time trying to relocate my conversation stream. It makes a little blip sound and my page jumps.

It's OK Rog, your contributions are always welcome and quite fun.

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love the box too. My only problem is that sometimes it is a play or 2 ahead of what I'm watching. It is kind of fun sometimes to read people's reactions, good or bad, and THEN see what happened 20 seconds later.... I guess the interweb is on slow drip here in Arkansas.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I love the box too. My only problem is that sometimes it is a play or 2 ahead of what I'm watching. It is kind of fun sometimes to read people's reactions, good or bad, and THEN see what happened 20 seconds later.... I guess the interweb is on slow drip here in Arkansas.

No, I'm not in Arkansas; I'm in Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator