Mac ain't it...

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Sorry, but I'm done thinking Mac can turn the ship around. This guy can't prepare, can't adjust, and can't recruit.
I hate to lose. But I don't mind losing to a better team, if we play our best. What I hate to see is a Gator team that isn't even competitive. Today was a disgrace. There's no excuse for watching us play like a botched abortion on national television. I don't know where we go from here, but it ain't gonna be pretty.
In all weather...

Go Gators! Spurrier Bless

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but I'm done thinking Mac can turn the ship around. This guy can't prepare, can't adjust, and can't recruit.
I hate to lose. But I don't mind losing to a better team, if we play our best. What I hate to see is a Gator team that isn't even competitive. Today was a disgrace. There's no excuse for watching us play like a botched abortion on national television. I don't know where we go from here, but it ain't gonna be pretty.
In all weather...

Go Gators! Spurrier Bless

And if it was only this game. But it's been every game against every ranked team in two years. And now against one of the worst defenses in the SEC.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bring on Clarabelle and we'll start winning!!

This guy is a clown. Plain and simple. If/when we lose to Muschamp, the wheels will be completely off...

GatorBenji

Sep 6, 2014
I'm sorry I bitched at y'all that were on this wave before me, I tried to remain hopeful thru the light but I just can't anymore, expect more Benji and some complaining with it.

Recruiting is gonna be mediocre again next year and unless Franks or Trask can pull a Francois I doubt Mac gets pass year 3.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So I may end up with egg on my face after tonight for saying this but what the hell, here goes.

How about Ed Orgeron as a possible candidate? If we're not going to spend big money on a big name hire, would Coach O. make sense on a few levels? The guy can recruit, he has HC experience and his guys seem to buy in to him. I know his record at Ole Miss wasn't good but it was his first HC gig. Seems like his interim stint at USC went pretty well and he's got LSU playing better than Les. Seems like he also is willing to make positive changes (see opening up LSU's stagnant offense which Les wasn't willing to do). If not HC material, how about finding a spot on the defensive staff for the guy so we can at least get some 4 & 5 star talent on our roster.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
I'm sorry I *****ed at y'all that were on this wave before me, I tried to remain hopeful thru the light but I just can't anymore, expect more Benji and some complaining with it.

Recruiting is gonna be mediocre again next year and unless Franks or Trask can pull a Francois I doubt Mac gets pass year 3.

I'm with you all. i'm a pretty optimistic person when it comes to my sports team. I said before this season that I don't care if we have 4 losses this year as long as we look competitive and are on the road to improvement. Well, I believe we a regressing and he team is losing confidence in itself. My dad came over and we replaced the back door on my house today instead of watching the game. I never would have done that before the past 5 or so years. Something has got to change, quickly. If recruiting doesn't improve and Mac sticks around for another 1-2 years, we will be rebuilding for the next 5 years. So in short, I'm joining the dark side believing that this staff can't cut it and there will need to be a change.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We can all blame Mac but he didn't hire himself. He also didn't give "himself" a six year contract he simply did what anyone in his shoes would of done...took the job. Hell...I bet right after Foley finalized the deal he told his wife "Karen...can you believe that dumb ugly SOB offered me that job? Heck...this is pretty cool" However...he is widely considered (by uninformed Gator fans) as THE GREATEST AD OF ALL-TIME :lmao2:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we lose the next 3, the new ad should start shopping around. He atleast has the built in excuse of wanting his own guy.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We all know that Butters is a joke. We all know what needs to be done, but we are UF and it ain't gonna happen. We are UF, we want to live in the Shyttyest house in the nicest neighborhood. We are NEVER going to pay big money for what we all think will be a great coach from the get go. Before we hired Butters 2 years ago, we should have called Harbaugh and said 6 MIL take it or leave it. Make him say no. I do not think he would have come here for any amount, but make a guy like that tell you NO. Instead we shop at Wal Mart in hopes of finding a misplaced item that belongs at SAKS. That is fine and good if you have people who know what they are looking for and know what they see. We have proven at UF that we do not have the right people doing the shopping so we are constantly rolling the dice or fishing without bait. If you want the right person you have to have the right people making the decisions!

rockinchair

Dec 11, 2015
Hindsight is 20/20, but if we're being honest with ourselves, did any of us really believe he was "it" when he was hired?

I thought it was an uninspired hire from the get go but really wanted him to work out. In many ways, he's worse than Muschamp. The product on the field is just as worse, but at least Muschamp could recruit. There's no light at the end of the tunnel with Mac.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hindsight is 20/20, but if we're being honest with ourselves, did any of us really believe he was "it" when he was hired?

I thought it was an uninspired hire from the get go but really wanted him to work out. In many ways, he's worse than Muschamp. The product on the field is just as worse, but at least Muschamp could recruit. There's no light at the end of the tunnel with Mac.
Muschamp was average at recruiting and generally only on the defensive side of the ball. He somehow got Grier but that is a moot point now. Muschamp continually signed low #'s and that is why we are thin at basically every position now.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I really liked what Mac did last year until Grier went down, with dumbf8ck disease. This year just hasn't been good. I think Mac has a problem with loyalty, but he has to get over that and make some changes. I've been optimistic, but today just was too much. I'm not saying Mac should be fired, but he needs to clean some house. At minimum for the rest of the season, he needs to call his own plays. Nuss is just awful. Collins can go too. Nord is worthless. Summers can go unless he pulls in some nice recruits....so he should be gone too. Barring winning out the regular season, Mac should have next season to get his **** together. I don't care about the defense. He's had 3 cycles to manage the roster.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I really liked what Mac did last year until Grier went down, with dumbf8ck disease. This year just hasn't been good. I think Mac has a problem with loyalty, but he has to get over that and make some changes. I've been optimistic, but today just was too much. I'm not saying Mac should be fired, but he needs to clean some house. At minimum for the rest of the season, he needs to call his own plays. Nuss is just awful. Collins can go too. Nord is worthless. Summers can go unless he pulls in some nice recruits....so he should be gone too. Barring winning out the regular season, Mac should have next season to get his **** together. I don't care about the defense. He's had 3 cycles to manage the roster.
If McElwain does what you suggest, "drain the swamp" (an expression touted by another fool), what will that accomplish?
First, the mediocre recruiting, that everyone is complaining about, will get worse sine recruiting is about relationships.
Second, it will reinforce the idea that McElwain doesn't know what he's doing since he's the person who chose the staff in the first place. We had a hint that this was the case when he had to fire the secondary coach after only one year because he was incompetent.
Third, just who is going to want to come to UF to serve under a guy that is on the hot seat? UF will have to pay a lot, and guarantee multi-year contracts. Roper got paid by UF for doing nothing. Muschamp is STILL being paid by UF.
If UF loses to S.C., isn't it inevitable that McElwain will be fired? The only question will be: When? The total, and utter, embarrassment that UF's fans will have to endure after losing to the guy they blame for EVERYTHING wrong with UF's football program will be catastrophic. How can a UF fan even show their face if UF loses to Muschamp? At home, no less!
This week is the "rubicon" for UF's football program. Losing to Muschamp will be worse, much worse, than losing to Georgia Southern. At least fans could console themselves with Skyler Mornhinweg, injuries, "midline", etc. after losing to Georgia Southern. But, after over two years of demonizing Muschamp, to lose to him is unthinkable. Yet, here we are facing, as Hirohito said, "the unendurable."
It's similar to the feeling that, I suspect, that the folks that have spent decades hating the Clintons will have after Hilary whips their ass.
No, my friend, it's not a solution to rearrange the chairs on the Titanic, which is what staff changes entail. It's time to fire the Captain of the ship if S. C. walks out of the Swamp a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator