Mac challenges the fans

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
He's pushing hard for a packed house. He wants the noise and atmosphere to drown Vandy's offense so our offense can take its time to get on track or get short fields to work.

But, he knows these fans (students for sure) won't be rolling in for a noon start. So, he's actually pressing us a bit, GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida will play its first noon game of the 2015 season on Saturday when it hosts Vanderbilt for homecoming, and first-year coach Jim McElwain has a message for the fans.
"I’m going to challenge the crowd now," McElwain said Monday. "The Swamp has been electric, and it’s been awesome, but let’s make sure we stumble on into that stadium and be ready for when we’re hustling out of the tunnel. We need all the support we can."
On Wednesday, McElwain reiterated that message.
With plenty of potential distractions for his team -- there's been talk about clinching a spot in Atlanta, College Football Playoff rankings, beating Georgia -- he wants to make sure a big crowd is there ready to help his team focus on sealing the deal.
After all, McElwain pointed out they don't have much of an excuse this week in particular.
"You’re used to those night games and you have a chance to get oiled up, ready to roll," he joked. "I kind of look at it this way: this one game being the first one, and it is at noon, I’m kind of telling all the fans right now that I know we’ll be there in force and make The Swamp a great place to play as it always is.
"More than that, we have this thing called Daylight Savings Time, where you fall back. So, everybody’s drawn an extra hour. So they’ve had their extra hour. We need to get there early, which they will. I’ve got to tell you now, this is a great place to play. It’s because of the fans. I’m looking forward to that."

I hear you loud and clear Coach Mac. I'll be there for kickoff. Promise.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bart, you and your boy better bring it. We've got 21 points to cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator