Mac's approach to developing future leaders for our program

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This exact thing was discussed in the box today. I get why Mac is doing it, and it makes sense because in the grand scheme what does this bowl really matter. It's almost like this is a preseason game for next year. And it does put a really strange vibe around the game. I miss the "lets just freaking beat the snot out them" mentality.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I love it. I have always viewed bowl games as meaningless and never understood why coaches didn't take the approach Mac is taking now. Use it to prepare for next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Mac is smarter than most coaches. I learned long ago my young kids can learn A WHOLE Lot from my older kids. You just have to use the smart skilled and mature kids to help you........Even the fckups can help you a lot. Some in a positive way and also as "DO YOU WANT to end up like this" examples.......

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I love it. I have always viewed bowl games as meaningless and never understood why coaches didn't take the approach Mac is taking now. Use it to prepare for next year.

I think the bowl games should be a balance of rewarding the present team, especially the departing upperclassmen (original intent), and prepping for the next year. I'm a bit competitive, so I want to see UF win, even in a "meaningless" bowl game. It also sets the tone for next year, unless you have excessive roster turnover in the 2-deep.

I like the bowls, though I admit I'm somewhat of a traditionalist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I want to see UF beat Meatchicken just as much as any Gator on here. But Mac is doing exactly what he needs to be doing. With all of the stuff from the suspensions, transfers, and just plain drama, Mac has firmly gained control of this program. He's not going to be bullied or put up with crap. That's a far better place we are now than a year ago.

Perhaps WM should be asking Mac how to get a grip and where's the midline.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I want to see UF beat Meatchicken just as much as any Gator on here.

Don't we open the 2017 season against them? That game is way more meaningful than this bowl game. Who cares if we lose this one. Use it as revenge for 2017.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't we open the 2017 season against them? That game is way more meaningful than this bowl game. Who cares if we lose this one. Use it as revenge for 2017.
Yep and could be a good game for Mac to get a little of the Meatchicken flavor since more than likely harbaugh will still be there.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Since bowl-games are watched by more non-Gator fans, we need to show well to
garner more distant fans, so their FB-kids might start thinking Gainesville as a fun
destination. ?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We need to beat Michigan tomorrow. Deal with the now. Nothing could help this program as much as a win over a big-name team that seems to beat us every bowl game we play them. Especially since nobody is giving us a chance in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb