Man I thought I was a glass half empty Gator....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I’m generally a bit of a glass half empty type Gator, but I’m literally angered at the negativity by some on this board. I
We have plenty of people on this board who love losing and watching the other teams on the field in Atlanta next week. You guys should hook up some time.
Since you lurk here you know what is going on. If you don't come here and take a :kiffin: each day on some part of our program you love losing. That is a given. If you cannot dissect every play, showing how ignorant Mullen or the "dwag" is you are not paying attention and truly understand how skklllfckdd we are. We could have easily beaten uga in yr two except for poor play calling. We only play two teams now and even Jboss and I could coach up 9-10 wins a year. Our facilities lag behind GHS and Buchholz in Gainesville.
Ox realized that he generated a lot of counter posts so Ox recycled his old posts and turned him into a bot that rehashes the same repetitive posts mostly triggered by certain keywords. Just ignore it.
Oh. I forgot about itraz, Law's prison wife. Law's not allowed to be near the internet so itraz sometimes post's in his stead. You'll recognize his long winded posts as being mostly copypasta from Wikipedia with a passive aggressive tone at best or left-handed compliment towards Mullen at worse
Being a slow one it finally occurs to me that that Threat is probably top 3 when it comes to explaining our negativity in here. And that he is close to genius in his analysis of said cretins. My immediate problem with him is I cant remember if we get along or he has a low opine of me.
NTTATWWT. I would say YOU need to post more but probably have WAY more sense than I or many posters here and use your time more wisely. Welcome aboard, AFC. :pumper::pumper:Unite.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Some of his posts are just so egregiously wrong and negative it’s sort of beyond the pale.
He enjoys getting other members riled up. It can be fun, I admit.

At any rate, thanks for posting. There are plenty of pumpers here along with the dumpers. The back-and-forth that goes on as a result is some of the most entertaining stuff on the internet. When backed into a corner, always throw out that your opponent is a "Butters lover" and "backed the Chimp right up to his firing", stuff like that. We have 1,000+ daily lurkers on the Chatter for a reason - they often end up snorting coffee through their noses and ruining keyboards. I'll give you an example - it's "R" rated but you get the point:

Slevin: You remind me of a kid that got caught sucking his own dick in the girls bathroom. I’m going to go ahead and assume it’s you.

Bait'n Gator: I can guarantee you one thing, if my dick was long enough for my inflexible ass to suck it I wouldn't spend nearly as much time on here.

Now, we all know there isn't another Gator message board that would offer a hilarious back and forth like that. You can't buy entertainment like that.

However, some people can't handle the discourse or being disagreed with, I get it. There are many lurkers reading this right now nodding their heads. I just wish more would give it a shot. Even our biggest jerks mean well and don't want to run anyone off. Come give your take and see what happens. Who gives a crap if Swamp Donkey disagrees with you? This is the guy that tried to embarrass anyone who even implied Trask should play over the last 3 years. Does that humiliation keep him from plugging along? Of course not.

Someone else made a great point: if you want it to be a more positive board, then come help make it one! You can't do that by lurking.

My $0.02 on the topic at hand. I like Dan Mullen. I like what he's done since he got here, and I didn't want him at all. I became physically ill when he was named the head coach. However, in hindsight he was probably the best choice at the time for getting UF football out of the gutter and more respected nationally.

Saying that, it's fair to wonder where we go from here. I was extremely disappointed with the coaching in both of the losses this year, and the recruiting has been unacceptable, which makes me less patient with all of it. It all depends on your perspective as a fan. For those that are happy with 10 wins and NY6 bowl games, Mullen has been like a dream. For those that think UF should be winning SEC and National championships, nothing has been accomplished yet, and there's a lot of fear nothing ever will under Mullen. Too many of our competitors are light years ahead of us, and continue to pull away due to superior recruiting. It's a legitimate concern.

UF didn't even win the division this year. I personally don't consider it a successful year.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Oh lord, you have really stepped in it now. The Wrath of Swonkster will be upon you very shortly.

I could make a series of Donk quotes arguing against himself. He’s the guy at the bar keeping the conversation lively.

I want to see progress, which continued this year, leading to SEC championships & the playoffs. That’s what Mullen is after. I like all he is doing. Recruiting is the lagging element. It’s got to improve, especially with the momentum gained this season.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Chill out. Its a message board and people rant and rave all the time. There is plenty of negative and positive to go around and as far as the donk goes you just have to realize he rode the short bus and he has no friends in real life. His dog bites him every day when he comes home and he drinks constantly because he fails at his job 90% of the time. He is starved for attention and will do or say anything to get it. He is constantly wrong about most subjects. So, just enjoy the banter here and post more. P.S. Just got word that his dog had to be put down due to getting rabies after biting him.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome out of the lurking closet. Post more, we need more glass half empty posters. the pumpers have us believing we're going to win it all next year and I don't want to be let down

Most of the negative nellies here are just that way by their nature. They're the type that go out to a bar, hook up with a chick ( or dude.. we have some that swing that way here) and the next day biatch about the person wasn't a 10, instead of being happy they shot a load. So the best thing to do, is acknowledge their unmatched wisdom by giving them a like every now and then and they feel better that they got it off their chest, and they received the attention they so lack IRL, spread the love :)

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorchatter is the Swamp Restaurant of UF message boards.

You know you want to be there before a big game. You also know it’s only a matter of time before you want to cold cock the drunk azzhole crowding you from the left.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You get all kinds here. I have the fortune or misfortune of having lived through the Graves era. At that tender age, I hoped for a good year and a good bowl, and prayed that someday we would win a conference. championship. On those rare occasions when we came close i was on the edge of my seat.

Then Spurrier happened. Then Urbs happened. I was on the edge of my seat as we won the conference and then Naties, blood pressure up, yelling at the TV or in the stands making a fool of myself.

Now, because I've been through pre-Spurrier, I 'm not that invested. Feels like old times. but minus the edge of my seat feeling. Do I want to compete for the Conf and the Naties again? Sure. Does my world end when we don't? Nope. The closest I come is a game against the Leg humpers and semi-holes. I enjoy it when we crush them. I'm over it in an hour when we don't. That said, I will not forget the three straight sack punctuation mark at the end of the game against the clowns. That I enjoyed.

What to make of Donkey.? I think he's amusing. He's almost certainly younger than I am, and maybe is as passionate about winning it all as I once was. Or he may be in it to keep us honest. Hell, I don't know.. Doesn't really matter, threads with the Donkey spouting off are entertaining.

There are only one or two real jerks on the board. Post more. It's addictive.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You get all kinds here. I have the fortune or misfortune of having lived through the Graves era. At that tender age, I hoped for a good year and a good bowl, and prayed that someday we would win a conference. championship. On those rare occasions when we came close i was on the edge of my seat.

Then Spurrier happened. Then Urbs happened. I was on the edge of my seat as we won the conference and then Naties, blood pressure up, yelling at the TV or in the stands making a fool of myself.

Now, because I've been through pre-Spurrier, I 'm not that invested. Feels like old times. but minus the edge of my seat feeling. Do I want to compete for the Conf and the Naties again? Sure. Does my world end when we don't? Nope. The closest I come is a game against the Leg humpers and semi-holes. I enjoy it when we crush them. I'm over it in an hour when we don't. That said, I will not forget the three straight sack punctuation mark at the end of the game against the clowns. That I enjoyed.

What to make of Donkey.? I think he's amusing. He's almost certainly younger than I am, and maybe is as passionate about winning it all as I once was. Or he may be in it to keep us honest. Hell, I don't know.. Doesn't really matter, threads with the Donkey spouting off are entertaining.

There are only one or two real jerks on the board. Post more. It's addictive.

Name names.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I guess it really depends on what you expect from a sports message board.

For me I come here for information about Gator sports and find this place to be a great place for that purpose. There are a few people on here who link to pretty fresh and relevant news. There are also a few on here who do a really good job on the analysis side; C2 and Truth come to mind.

Regarding Mullen, I'm like probably most on here in that I didn't want Mullen but am now happy we got him (hindsight 20/20). He absolutely deserves credit for turning the program around. But there are still glaring issues that he has to address; recruiting and his staff. Even with the losses, I would love to give him an A+ performance rating but with those 2 deficiencies, I can't. At the moment, I would give him a B. And if he doesn't get those 2 issues corrected, his ceiling is limited and possibly his tenure.

And this site has an Ignore feature. If someone doesn't contribute to your experience, put them on Ignore.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll respond by saying Macelwain took 2 teams to Atlanta. Both teams would have gotten destroyed by this Mullen team. Also I knew both those Mac teams had ZERO chance winning in ATL and so did everyone else. But even with our flaws I’d give this team a punchers chance against anyone in the country.

Right - winners win their division titles and losers talk about how they can play with anyone while playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle in their own division. The facts are Butters made the SECCG his first 2 years after we had a 5 year drought and Mullen came in and not only failed to do that but lost to a team we haven't lost to in 30 plus years. Hopefully in another 10 years Mullen can dream of having Mac's 2 SEC Eest titles since he hasn't won an SEC division in 11 years as a head coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
. When backed into a corner, always throw out that your opponent is a "Butters lover" and "backed the Chimp right up to his firing", stuff like that.
CUUF literally had to seek therapy and disappeared from the board for almost a year he was so distraught over Butters getting fired.

AR was there holding his hand and shaking at the thought of the people of Muhsippuh mocking us for firing such a great coach.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of disappeared, whatever happened to Tay Bang? Last visited 36 weeks ago.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of disappeared, whatever happened to Tay Bang? Last visited 36 weeks ago.
drug deal gone bad.

I always thought he was an alias.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, no one... I mean NO ONE want DM. We all were afraid of Strickland going to the comfort well and signing Cousin Eddie. We all were afraid of the track record of not being able to perform over top talent, higher rated teams not to mention recruiting. We all tried to tell ourselves it was Cowbell and it would be different at UF.

Guess what... he broke a 30 year record against Kentucky (at home), he’s lost to the Dwags both years (his coaching) his recruit has been meh, especially after kids don’t qualify for school and ranking drop out of Top 10.

He still has a long way to go.

SOSDD!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, no one... I mean NO ONE want DM. We all were afraid of Strickland going to the comfort well and signing Cousin Eddie. We all were afraid of the track record of not being able to perform over top talent, higher rated teams not to mention recruiting. We all tried to tell ourselves it was Cowbell and it would be different at UF.

Guess what... he broke a 30 year record against Kentucky (at home), he’s lost to the Dwags both years (his coaching) his recruit has been meh, especially after kids don’t qualify for school and ranking drop out of Top 10.

He still has a long way to go.
Truth.

Also, this year seemed to be more exciting than year past (2010 on). According to OP, one frustrating loss to UGa kept us from the SECC and playoffs.

Fact: We are 60th in offense.
Fact: 40th in third down stops
Fact: Special Teams are ****
Fact: We have the worst running game (by far) on record.
Fact: We played 2 good teams and got our asses handed to us.
Fact: Sixth in recruiting in the SEC will not lead us to the promised land.

Yes..we are 10-2.

See above.

We are a mediocre team in the top level of the second tier in SEC. Nothing more and exactly what Miss St was under Mullen.

Does that mean it HAS to stay that way? No.

1) Recruit in the to 5.
2) Revamp special teams with a new coach.
3) Find out the root cause of the most pathetic run blocking in the history of the program, and FIX IT.
4) We lose 4 senior WRS that were all major contributors to this years success ... see the importance of #3.
5) Fix 3rd/4th and Graham.

Personally, I like Mullen. I think he buys in and is a much better coach than the previous two. He adapted phenomenally well to the lack of run ability and coached up the QB. Pretty amazing job.

But let's not make these past two years into something they are not. We had a SR laden OL last year and a Sr laden WR core this year.

Is it moving in the right direction? Incrementally? Yes. ETA ... 3-5 more years IF 1-5 above are addressed.

That's not acceptable to some of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.