Man I thought I was a glass half empty Gator....

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
This is a really great board with great people, some of which I have met in person. Thanks to everyone who posts and for Ox's leadership

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Truth.

3) Find out the root cause of the most pathetic run blocking in the history of the program, and FIX IT.
We already did it. Stop running the fvkking option w Trash. (or Leak.)

He's just a little bit slow and it always takes him a year-and-a-half to figure it out.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Since you lurk here you know what is going on. If you don't come here and take a :kiffin: each day on some part of our program you love losing. That is a given. If you cannot dissect every play, showing how ignorant Mullen or the "dwag" is you are not paying attention and truly understand how skklllfckdd we are. We could have easily beaten uga in yr two except for poor play calling. We only play two teams now and even Jboss and I could coach up 9-10 wins a year. Our facilities lag behind GHS and Buchholz in Gainesville.

Being a slow one it finally occurs to me that that Threat is probably top 3 when it comes to explaining our negativity in here. And that he is close to genius in his analysis of said cretins. My immediate problem with him is I cant remember if we get along or he has a low opine of me.
NTTATWWT. I would say YOU need to post more but probably have WAY more sense than I or many posters here and use your time more wisely. Welcome aboard, AFC. :pumper::pumper:Unite.
You prefer Jameson or some other whiskey in your coffee?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I guess it really depends on what you expect from a sports message board.

For me I come here for information about Gator sports and find this place to be a great place for that purpose. There are a few people on here who link to pretty fresh and relevant news. There are also a few on here who do a really good job on the analysis side; C2 and Truth come to mind.

Regarding Mullen, I'm like probably most on here in that I didn't want Mullen but am now happy we got him (hindsight 20/20). He absolutely deserves credit for turning the program around. But there are still glaring issues that he has to address; recruiting and his staff. Even with the losses, I would love to give him an A+ performance rating but with those 2 deficiencies, I can't. At the moment, I would give him a B. And if he doesn't get those 2 issues corrected, his ceiling is limited and possibly his tenure.

And this site has an Ignore feature. If someone doesn't contribute to your experience, put them on Ignore.
Ignore is for pansies. It’s a message board - hurt feelings shouldn’t apply. Not real life - doesn’t count.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Right - winners win their division titles and losers talk about how they can play with anyone while playing 2nd and 3rd fiddle in their own division. The facts are Butters made the SECCG his first 2 years after we had a 5 year drought and Mullen came in and not only failed to do that but lost to a team we haven't lost to in 30 plus years. Hopefully in another 10 years Mullen can dream of having Mac's 2 SEC Eest titles since he hasn't won an SEC division in 11 years as a head coach.
Butters Fever is up early this morning. Still reveling in the MAC division championship?

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
We are a mediocre team in the top level of the second tier in SEC. Nothing more and exactly what Miss St was under Mullen.

Does that mean it HAS to stay that way? No.

1) Recruit in the to 5.
2) Revamp special teams with a new coach.
3) Find out the root cause of the most pathetic run blocking in the history of the program, and FIX IT.
4) We lose 4 senior WRS that were all major contributors to this years success ... see the importance of #3.
5) Fix 3rd/4th and Graham.

Is it moving in the right direction? Incrementally? Yes. ETA ... 3-5 more years IF 1-5 above are addressed.

That's not acceptable to some of us.
mediocre? We are a few notches above that.

1. I love the top 5 argument. What's the difference between 5&6? 5&8? Or is the problem just how many SEC teams are in front of us? We ain't ever gonna be in the recruiting title hunt under Mullen.
2. Might as well can this idea also. Knox is his boy. We might put an emphasis on blocking kicks eventually, but returns are phasing out.
3. Mullen knows the cause, it's poor run blockers mixed with a statue at QB.
5. Like 2, you better hope Grantham gets restless.

How do you not accept what Mullen is doing? Simply gatorchatter posts?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Truth.

Also, this year seemed to be more exciting than year past (2010 on). According to OP, one frustrating loss to UGa kept us from the SECC and playoffs.

Fact: We are 60th in offense.
Fact: 40th in third down stops
Fact: Special Teams are ****
Fact: We have the worst running game (by far) on record.
Fact: We played 2 good teams and got our asses handed to us.
Fact: Sixth in recruiting in the SEC will not lead us to the promised land.

Yes..we are 10-2.

See above.

We are a mediocre team in the top level of the second tier in SEC. Nothing more and exactly what Miss St was under Mullen.

1) Recruit in the to 5.
4) We lose 4 senior WRS that were all major contributors to this years success ... see the importance of #3.

Personally, I like Mullen. I think he buys in and is a much better coach than the previous two. He adapted phenomenally well to the lack of run ability and coached up the QB. Pretty amazing job.

But let's not make these past two years into something they are not. We had a SR laden OL last year and a Sr laden WR core this year.

Is it moving in the right direction? Incrementally? Yes. ETA ... 3-5 more years IF 1-5 above are addressed.

bingo-gif-5.gif

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Great thread.

I’m all in as a pumper. I love Gator sports and I like all our players. I enjoy our games immensely. In the interest of full disclosure I did hate the Mullen hire.....but now think he is doing a great job.

Being a pumper on here means you will be accused of thinking you are a “better fan” by dumpers who, ironically, think they are “better fans”.

Really great wit and humor here. Some good recruiting news. Some good technical info on schemes etc. But don’t pay much attention to team, coach or player assessments.

All in all....still the best board around.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Yessssssss. About time someone spoke up!

Ummm, no one ever speaks up about Lawdonk?

This is just a nonsensical take that no pumpers speak up. We have posters here so obsessed with responding to him that he might be referenced in 20% of all posts on this board (though he personally accounts for 30% of the other posts).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Truth.

Also, this year seemed to be more exciting than year past (2010 on). According to OP, one frustrating loss to UGa kept us from the SECC and playoffs.

Fact: We are 60th in offense.
Fact: 40th in third down stops
Fact: Special Teams are ****
Fact: We have the worst running game (by far) on record.
Fact: We played 2 good teams and got our asses handed to us.
Fact: Sixth in recruiting in the SEC will not lead us to the promised land.

Yes..we are 10-2.

See above.

1) Recruit in the to 5.

Personally, I like Mullen. I think he buys in and is a much better coach than the previous two. He adapted phenomenally well to the lack of run ability and coached up the QB. Pretty amazing job.

But let's not make these past two years into something they are not. We had a SR laden OL last year and a Sr laden WR core this year.

How the hell did this great post get drunks and stoned ratings? It was full of facts and completely fair about how they can be fixed. Take a look at the list and you'll see it was the pumpers, who take any slight towards the program as an arrest-able offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.