Man I thought I was a glass half empty Gator....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Dude I served 20 years in the military, takes a lot more than that my friend. Just don't see how that is helpful but to each his own
No one said it was helpful. You're going to get plenty of non-helpful takes. My advice is to have fun with them, use them as an opportunity to make a joke.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There are lurkers right now reading this that are on the fence about making a post on this topic. Look into my e-eyes: MAKE THE DAMN POST.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dude I served 20 years in the military, takes a lot more than that my friend. Just don't see how that is helpful but to each his own

1) Thank you for your service. Our country is the best on the planet because of the sacrifices from men/women like yourself.

2) They are just opinions about a sports program we all love. It's what is great about sports and about message boards. Particularly this one, because it really is a free for all.

3) There is a military dick measuring thread a few pages back... go post in it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Helpful? We are here for entertainment, not helpfulness.

Also, Im not sure AF counts are military. Ever stayed in the field? Really in the field, you know, without AC at least?

AFCatholicGator

Sep 7, 2018
There are lurkers right now reading this that are on the fence about making a post on this topic. Look into my e-eyes: MAKE THE DAMN POST.

Part of why I posted. I think there's lots of folks either like me or in the ballpark that are hesitant to post. Maybe a few more will post and get some more diverse discussion between "Mullen is an incompetent idiot that should have never been hired" and "We will win the NC next year"

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
CUUF literally had to seek therapy and disappeared from the board for almost a year he was so distraught over Butters getting fired.

AR was there holding his hand and shaking at the thought of the people of Muhsippuh mocking us for firing such a great coach.

It means alot that you noticed and cared Donkey.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This thread is gold!

If someone can't appreciate the honest, open opinions on this board I would suggest they go over to swamp gas where they'll find everything is sunshine and rainbows and we're just a player or two away from a national title.

Also, some people just aren't good at message boarding....

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Helpful? We are here for entertainment, not helpfulness.

Also, Im not sure AF counts are military. Ever stayed in the field? Really in the field, you know, without AC at least?
Damnit - beat me to it. I wonder if he had a hardship deployment - pedicures only once a week - the horror!

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
In all seriousness, no one... I mean NO ONE want DM. We all were afraid of Strickland going to the comfort well and signing Cousin Eddie. We all were afraid of the track record of not being able to perform over top talent, higher rated teams not to mention recruiting. We all tried to tell ourselves it was Cowbell and it would be different at UF.

Guess what... he broke a 30 year record against Kentucky (at home), he’s lost to the Dwags both years (his coaching) his recruit has been meh, especially after kids don’t qualify for school and ranking drop out of Top 10.

He still has a long way to go.
And yet has 10 wins in consecutive years after we came off a losing season.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Did that post hurt your feelings? I am deeply sorry.

You started an excellent thread, but this was just good old fashioned ball busting that you should have let go or conversely fired off a return shot. If you ever feel the need to flex on somebody here, you probably ought to step away from the keyboard for a bit - 99% of the shots taken are in fun and not meant to be personal. Occasionally some folks (who I won't name) get a bit carried away and cross the line. @oxrageous gives them a vacation and it usually corrects the issue; once in a blue moon he actually will have to permanently ban someone (and in some cases folks have actually requested a self-ban - I'm not making that up, BTW).

The best analogy I have heard to describe GCMB is it's like a sports bar where everyone has a different opinion about everything and no area of commentary is off-limits. One thing we all have in common (other than a few rivals who check in from time to time - some loved, some hated) is our rooting for the Gators. The negativity (mostly) tends to come from folks wanting things to be better than they are. We have had the good fortune of having had some great success over the years and some HOF coaches. It has probably spoiled us all to a certain extent and given us lofty expectations. The disagreements here all come from how to do we meet the expectations and where are we in getting to them. Many folks on here irritate the hell out of me sometimes (and no doubt vice-versa), but I keep coming back because it's entertaining as hell and often a great source of info and analysis. That's my $.02; welcome aboard and enjoy the ride. Oh and as for @Swamp Donkey and his rants, my personal theory is that his shorts are too tight.

AFCatholicGator

Sep 7, 2018
Damnit - beat me to it. I wonder if he had a hardship deployment - pedicures only once a week - the horror!

So I did deploy to Iraq...............................but I lived at the US Embassy in Baghdad in an apartment. So yea, sort of the stereotype. But I was in Baghdad?? Ok it was the Air Force

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So I did deploy to Iraq...............................but I lived at the US Embassy in Baghdad in an apartment. So yea, sort of the stereotype. But I was in Baghdad?? Ok it was the Air Force
I’m sorry you had to live through that. Hopefully you were able to rectify the nail situation as soon as you returned home.

(Also, thank you for your service. Stick around, its a good and rowdy bunch. If you don’t like them complaining, give em hell. They expect it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.