Mandel's SEC Picks

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so gives this a read. Typically I enjoy Mandel's writing and his mailbag, but needless to say, I find these picks completely ridiculous.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...ictions-081015

I'm not sure what's sillier - where he has us picked, or that he has A&M winning the conference (over the Buttchuggers for crying out loud). What a load of hooey.

Law saying he has us overrated in 3...2...1....

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Howie must think that Kintucky will beat us... 5-7? Really? Even a pessimist like me has us winning 6...

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yeah...5? That's laughable. We will at least get 6..probably 7. Looking at our schedule what games does he see us losing?

NMSU - W
ECU - W
UK - L
TN - L
Miss - L
Mizzou -L
LSU - L
Georgia - L
Vandy - W
USCe - W
FAU -W
FSU - L

I don't care how young our OL is...we still have more than enough talent on O and a really good D to sneak out some wins against other teams..I see it more being

NMSU - W
ECU - W
UK - W
TN - W
Miss - L
Mizzou -L
LSU - L
Georgia - L/W (Rivalry game...anything can happen)
Vandy - W
USCe - W
FAU -W
FSU - L/W (Rivalry game...anything can happen)

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares what he thinks, his opinion really is no better than anyone else's. I do think that's hilarious, though. We should at least win 6 worst case scenario.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n258663 said:
Still concerning ourselves with the opinions of sports writers, are we?

I was bored. Sue me.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
We really have no business losing any of the first 7. Even dogchump beat the vols and cats 4 years straight. If McElwain goes 5-7 I will immediately call for his firing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We would have to lose to KY to end up 5-7. My guess is we end up 7-5. KY had their best chance in a while last season and blew it.

Dec 10, 2014
I've said it once. I'll say it again. Six wins or nine wins all ride on the fourth game of the season ...

That begin said, this team is no worse than last year where we could have easily been a ten-win team. If offense is marginally improved, we should win eight or nine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n258692 said:
Even dogchump beat the vols .
To be fair, Chimp would have lost twice to the Voles if he left HIS QB in the game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n258663 said:
Still concerning ourselves with the opinions of sports writers, are we?

A sportswriter that wears makeup, nonetheless.

No offense, Caitsquash.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n258692 said:
We really have no business losing any of the first 7. Even dogchump beat the vols and cats 4 years straight. If McElwain goes 5-7 I will immediately call for his firing.

I thought you already did because he can't recruit well enough to suit you? :dunno:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Law98gator;n258751 said:
To be fair, Chimp would have lost twice to the Voles if he left HIS QB in the game.
Just as bad, he beat them with a 3rd stringer one year and a freshmen midget last year. If McElwain can't coach up a 5 star or that same midget to beat them this year we are in a world if trouble.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
MJMGator;n258764 said:
I thought you already did because he can't recruit well enough to suit you? :dunno:
He can't recruit worth a lick. But you guys are assuring me he's such a great coach he will overcome that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
With the mess Muschamp left I can see why they rank us 12th out of the 14 SEC teams. I think it will be year 2 until McElwain really turns this train wreck around.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n258767 said:
Saw this on ESPN. They have us ranked ahead of Vandy and UK, so all isn't lost. :lol:
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...wer-rankings-3

Wow. Five of the final six in this poll are from the East. I guess every East team has more issues than most of those in the West.

So Mandel has A&M winning the conference and this ESPN poll has them 10th in the conference.

Opinions have always been like a$$holes - everybody has one. I guess in the wired age, everyone feels compelled to share them. I just wish they'd stop making me read them....

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Haven't y'all been listening? Tenn has been back now for like 8 years!! Of course they are going to win the east. Hell aTm hasn't done much since joining the SEC so of course they are going to win it all. What is wrong with y'all?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatoarTAG;n258765 said:
Just as bad, he beat them with a 3rd stringer one year and a freshmen midget last year.
Yeah, but again, it was totally an accident. Chimp had no clue the 3rd and 4th string QBs were better than the "first"

I agree. Mac will at least try to win the game with the best talent. That's a start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.