But it's fabulous all day, every day.
post-27827-I-wish-I-knew-how-to-quit-you-okYX.gif

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I went to a country club last night - a friend of mine is a member. The first Wednesday of every month is craft beer and gourmet sandwich night, so around four of us gather to eat and drink beer. Let me tell you, the sandwich - a slow-roasted brisket thing with a specially cured bacon, homemade onion rings and some kind of handmade BBQ sauce was absolutely beyond incredible - but I digress.

When the beer manager came over to run down the list of craft brews that were on the menu, she went through several lagers, IPAs and ales, and at the end she mentioned that she had two summer shandys on the list. Before anyone could say anything, she said, "But no one ever orders these except dainty women that prefer lemonade and wine spritzers to beer and wouldn't know a good beer it it bit them....".

I actually laughed thinking about this thread, Brad working his back 40 in his running shoes while sipping his shandy though a straw and all of the rest of you tossers that drink this apparently girly beer....
:lmao2:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1) I go through a pair of running shoes ever couple of months. So all of my yard shoes are old running shoes.
2) Didnt use a straw.
3) My favorite beers are IPAs. Dogfish 90 minute prolly #1. And if was sitting at a restaurant or country club eating fine BBQ with an incredible craft brew list sitting in front of me... the shandy would be the last thing I would order. But after a long day of yard work in summer Florida heat.... it's the top of the list.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
1) I go through a pair of running shoes ever couple of months. So all of my yard shoes are old running shoes.
2) Didnt use a straw.
3) My favorite beers are IPAs. Dogfish 90 minute prolly #1. And if was sitting at a restaurant or country club eating fine BBQ with an incredible craft brew list sitting in front of me... the shandy would be the last thing I would order. But after a long day of yard work in summer Florida heat.... it's the top of the list.

This.

First, Thank God for beer.

Second, there's pretty much a beer for every occasion. Thank God for that too.

If I was having a bar-be-que sammich I wouldn't have a shandy. But if was riding a lawn mower, I would.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
2) Didnt use a straw.
I saw one at Publix (you can by singles) and I am gonna try it..........The Fla Cracker I recently had in Gville was damned good. Had a little citrus taste but too much.
Website-Florida-Cracker.png

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This.

First, Thank God for beer.

Second, there's pretty much a beer for every occasion. Thank God for that too.

If I was having a bar-be-que sammich I wouldn't have a shandy. But if was riding a lawn mower, I would.
This is the truth. There is no other truth but this.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just got back from trying many beers in Bavaria and Belgium. One thing that they drink they did over there was something called a Radler. Basically half lemonade and half Paulaner. My wife liked it.It was super sicky sweet. However it only came in 1 Liter size. Somehow my wife finished multiples of them. .

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I saw one at Publix (you can by singles) and I am gonna try it..........The Fla Cracker I recently had in Gville was damned good. Had a little citrus taste but too much.
B
Best Belgian White I've ever had. Better than ones from Belgium.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That's a good beer and it's several levels above all this watered down light beer 90% water horse piss most of these girls drink.
Pretty heavy condemnation coming from Mr. Zima himself ;)

I loved a drink called a Dark and Stormy.
Don't know about the drink, but I believe I saw her ply her trade in Micanopy one night.

Seriously though, I kinda get lost in all the beer choices we have today. Standard answer to the question of what kind of beer you drinkin?" in rural Gadsden County in the '70's was "cold." I walk a little more upright these days from a brew standpoint, but ever time I watch Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet exclaim "Heineken? F**k that sh*t! Pabst-Blue-Ribbon!" I get all nostalgic.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Give me a good sour ale any day any time any season...but if not available hot days were meant for shandy. Or rum and coke

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.