Manziel and Bridgewater

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
While it's only preseason, it certainly looks like Bortles is the real deal......and I would like to remind some of you that I've been saying that since he was a junior in high school. He appears to have a good understanding of the offense already, has the look and poise of a veteran quarterback and has definitely performed better than any of the other QB's in the draft. His performance so far certainly has justified his selection at #3. He's hardly a "bust".
Apparently you haven't seen any of Jacksonville's games so far. Might want to pay that cable bill.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Bortles ain't gonna be ****. Bridgewater will be a solid qb. Somebody please tell me one decent receiver Bridgewater or manziel have to throw to? Carr is going to suck he was the product of the system in college. Garrapollo lmao
Ha! You haven't watched much.... If any qb has more poise than bortles, fill me in... Dude is nfl ready

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
While it's only preseason, it certainly looks like Bortles is the real deal......and I would like to remind some of you that I've been saying that since he was a junior in high school. He appears to have a good understanding of the offense already, has the look and poise of a veteran quarterback and has definitely performed better than any of the other QB's in the draft. His performance so far certainly has justified his selection at #3. He's hardly a "bust".
Just tweaking you man. You mentioned he was your nephew or something.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Bortles ain't gonna be ****. Bridgewater will be a solid qb. Somebody please tell me one decent receiver Bridgewater or manziel have to throw to? Carr is going to suck he was the product of the system in college. Garrapollo lmao
Dude is garbage all he did was dink and dunk in college

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
You've just proven that you haven't even seen him play or just talking out your ass or both.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
divits said:
Illegitimate child. But that's irrelevant.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Be careful with the personal attacks....... :lock:

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So far so good for Bortles. He looks like the best of the crop. Why don't they start him? Well it's like the Roman legion formations. Send your scrubs first. Let them get the squat beat out of them. Then send in the tough guys. Jax has a dismal offensive line with no center and new receivers with potential but no experience. Chad is the sacrificial lamb. He will get beaten to a pulp while the rest of the offense tries as best it can to jell. Then after Chad exits with multiple contusions, strains, sprains, and something broken; in comes Bortles. I don't think it has anything to do with Bortles mental makeup. It has to do with keeping him in one piece.

Now onto important things like Gator football..

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
williston_gator said:
Bortles looks awesome. I read of ALL NFL qbs this preseason he's been the best. So it makes sense that the Jags don't plan on playing him at all this year.

:shocked:
They are reworking his footwork. I think that is the reason they aren't starting him right away. Even in preaseason he has been reverting back to his old footwork which leads to inaccuracy and velocity issues. I assume they want it to be habit before he takes over the starting job.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator said:
Dude, he is among the league leaders is average per completion. You just revealed you haven't watched him at all. Meanwhile, Bridgewater is at the bottom of the league in the same stat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
We are talking a couple preseason games. Hell even spurrier s offense lit it up in the preseason.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'd be stunned if Manziel ever became anything. He is so far behind in just basics. Sumlin really hurt him and he's going to do the same to Hill.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:
I'd be stunned if Manziel ever became anything. He is so far behind in just basics. Sumlin really hurt him and he's going to do the same to Hill.
What's going to hurt manziel the most is lack of players around him.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
maheo30 said:
No it won't. A top QB can make even crap look good. Brady has proven that his entire career. Manziel got his first ever playbook when he arrived in Cleveland. He is running a huddle and calling plays for the first time. He has never really had to read a defense. That learning curve is beyond insane. Throw in his physical limitations and he is screwed. I think he be a serviceable QB, but nothing more than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.