March Madness 2023

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow what a tourney! FAU and SDSt in the Final 4??!! Who would have thunk it? Goes to show you that recruiting isn't EVERYTHING. A band of brothers can band together and make a run to glory. Immortality for those 2 teams for getting this far which they have never done before.

I read somewhere about this phenomenon, I think it’s called coaching.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who knew the Final Four would resemble a cheesy Christmas tourney in Maui.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
FAU ........... :dunno:
We are insignificant in the two major sports. Scracklin better hope he picked the right guys. I’m guessing he didn’t look at FAU’s coach and their run in the tourney is an aberration so he correctly went to San Faggcisco to find our next NC HC.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are insignificant in the two major sports. Scracklin better hope he picked the right guys. I’m guessing he didn’t look at FAU’s coach and their run in the tourney is an aberration so he correctly went to San Faggcisco to find our next NC HC.
Not defending SS, but Dusty May's resume was about .500 over the previous 4 years, so there wasn't reason for him to be a consideration.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, isn't that interesting. May spent six years under Mike White at Louisiana Tech and followed him to Florida as an assistant. He was beneath our nose the entire time.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
May will turn this into a pay day, one way or another. What i dont get is why we hire guys who got into a tourney once or twice, instead of guys that competed at a high level during the tourney. Its really not that hard to get into the tourney as a mid major. But getting in as a low seed, then winning a couple. THAT is a much better indicator.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Recognizing SDSU all time assist leader. Who you got?

15A8DFBD-9BD6-48D1-942A-3BD3D0ED00FC.jpeg

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FAU puts up 40 in the first half against the SDSU defense!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
OK , not a UCONN fan cause they have won a few. And a sort of perrenial. But I do NOT like the SDSU coach. He whines and btchss the whole time. I was pulling for FAU. Probably for the best. UCONN may have crushed them,

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This UConn team reminded me of the ‘06 Gators in they way they weren’t a very high seed, but we’re improving throughout the season, especially in the tourney, dominating even more with every round.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
Crazy that UCONN has had 2 years in the last decade or so where they have had a normal regular season for their program before buzz-sawing their way through the tournament. I still think that we had the best team whatever that year was 2011 or 2012 but UCONN just was so hot in the tourney. I will say that unlike last time, they had a very easy path this year. The only 2 power 5 teams they had to play were Arkansas and Miami... and never had to play anybody better than a 5 seed. Ridiculous path.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
This UConn team reminded me of the ‘06 Gators in they way they weren’t a very high seed, but we’re improving throughout the season, especially in the tourney, dominating even more with every round.

Their team this year reminded me of their team in 2014 that crushed us en route to a title. Very average season, got hot in the BE tournament and then went on a rampage. Probably Billy’s best or second best(‘00?) non-championship team. Have family that are die hard Huskies from Connecticut, so I don’t mind seeing them win and can even pull for them in years like this.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy that UCONN has had 2 years in the last decade or so where they have had a normal regular season for their program before buzz-sawing their way through the tournament. I still think that we had the best team whatever that year was 2011 or 2012 but UCONN just was so hot in the tourney. I will say that unlike last time, they had a very easy path this year. The only 2 power 5 teams they had to play were Arkansas and Miami... and never had to play anybody better than a 5 seed. Ridiculous path.

It was 2014 and we were clearly the best team in the country. UConn got hot at the right time and shot their way to the championship.
That Patric Young led team was one of my very favorite teams of all time and it still bothers me that they lost that game.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I made this same statement when UConn came to the O’Dome in December and completely dismantled the gators with the same approach as the 2006 gators team. They have all the same ingredients.
- Two dominant bigs
- Three point assassins
- Complete unselfishness on offense
- Unrelenting pressure on defense
- Superior coaching and leadership

I am not the least bit surprised that they won it all this year and I respect their ability but I still don’t like their program at all.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yesterday, I watched highlights from that 06 championship game. The passing Noah was doing to Horford under the basketball was unlike anything a big man should be doing. Billy used the noise about UCLA's defense is the best in the country as bulletin board material.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Are you thinking of 2014 with Young, Wilbekin, Yuegette, Prather. That was a spectacular team. Went 18-0 in the SEC.

That loss in the final 4 to UConn was heart breaking because we were up something like 16 to 4 at one point. Lost 3 games that year. 2 to UCONN and 1 to Wisconsin, who was a final 4 team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.