Mark Richt retires; Manny Diaz screws Temple and returns

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just heard this news while I was on my way home and think it kind of surprising. Immediately the first name that came to my mind was Mario Cristobal, for obvious reasons, but I see someone who is tuned in with scrotUM beat me to it. I do not see Diaz as a legitimate option but who knows. But it appears that when Uncle Luke talks, people listen, just like the old EF Hutton ads. Apparently Richt used a line from the movie 48 HRS. "Luther, are you angry with me"? and apparently Luther said "yes" and Richt hit the highway!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I feel like all the guys that just signed there should be allowed to go elsewhere, no questions asked. That’s a real d!ck move because they probably knew this was coming, or at least he did when he’s convincing these kids to sign on down there. That being said, anyone we can poach? Gosh we’ve got a shot to own the state in recruiting for the next 2-3 years

I was just saying this in the recruiting thread. I don't think they'll make any back-out provisions for players. I just think the whole early signing experiment may come to an end if these situations keep happening. Could be a similar situation in Ann Arbor if JH takes the NYJ job. Lots of players that won't attend a single practice with the coaching staff they committed to. No way that's allowed to continue, imo.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Someone should send Nesta Silvera a Chucky Doll with Mark Richt’s face on it

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
His leaving isn't really strange. Going there in the first place, more so..

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm with Gatorgrad, I don't want Miami to somehow back into a decent coach. Although, Uncle Luke may have just hurt the case more than some would believe. UF gets crap for some of their big boosters, but you never see Stumpy Harris on Twitter doing what Campbell did the other day.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Already expressed, but: @realbsikes: The crazy thing about the Right news is that they just watched Manny Diaz waltz out the door for a HC job. Seems like he would’ve been the natural choice as Richt’s successor. Maybe he still is, but it’s least a lot more complicated now.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
197745-John-Steinbeck-Quote-You-can-t-go-home-again-because-home-has.jpg
Except Spurrier.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see that Oregon coach leaving for Miami. I hope he doesn't anyway because he could probably lock that Dade and Broward area down like they used to in the old days.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I don't think that Christobal is coming. He has it made at Oregon, great facilities, all the money in the world, California to recruit from and occasionally dip into Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator