Mark Richt retires; Manny Diaz screws Temple and returns

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll pass, but who or what is GMD? Is that fruitcake lingo or the initials of the guy bouncing them off your chin?

You didn't answer the question. How does last year's schitty showing under butters make this kid the 2nd best WR we'd have this year?
You may be one of the dumbest mutherfcckers on here. I said that he had down numbers because his QB and their offense sucked. I used Cleveland's numbers last year to give you a relative benchmark of sh i tty QB play, which you could not comprehend. This kid from Miami was in a sh itty offense with a sh itty QB. So quoting shi tty stats is pointless. He's a huge target that can catch the damn ball.

As for GMD, he was a well-liked poster who passed away.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
You may be one of the dumbest mutherfcckers on here. I said that he had down numbers because his QB and their offense sucked. I used Cleveland's numbers last year to give you a relative benchmark of sh i tty QB play, which you could not comprehend. This kid from Miami was in a sh itty offense with a sh itty QB. So quoting shi tty stats is pointless. He's a huge target that can catch the damn ball.

The kid had 12 receptions the prior year, with a QB that was good enough to get his team to #2 in the country at 10-0. You can slobber over a ewe with 32 catches over two years all you want, but I'll pass.

So you're wishing death on me because I made you look like a dumbass. Better to argue with 100 idiots than have one agree with me never seems more fitting than now, you ignorant fvkk.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The last thing we need is some scUM.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The kid had 12 receptions the prior year, with a QB that was good enough to get his team to #2 in the country at 10-0. You can slobber over a ewe with 32 catches over two years all you want, but I'll pass.

So you're wishing death on me because I made you look like a dumbass. Better to argue with 100 idiots than have one agree with me never seems more fitting than now, you ignorant fvkk.
No one is wishing you dead, just think it's a good trade. You might be the most sensitive refugee yet.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alky, cool it or you’re going on yet another vacation. The GMD crack was over the line.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Didn’t Applewhite get ran out of Bama after the first year? Would not be worried about him at all. Fedora is a very good play caller though.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t Applewhite get ran out of Bama after the first year? Would not be worried about him at all. Fedora is a very good play caller though.
Applewhite sucks. That would be best case scenario

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
This guy agrees with you.
Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Opinion: It's time to obliterate the most nonsensical rule in college sports

Opinion: It's time to obliterate the most nonsensical rule in college sports

"To review: millionaire coaches can switch schools when and how they’d like — even twice in one month! — but high school athletes who were pressured into early commitments are tied to their schools."

This is not accurate. The coaches have to pay a penalty to break the contract, millions of dollars for elite coaches. In some cases, their new teams will pay the penalty. Some lower tier coaches get trapped by long-term contracts they cannot afford to break. The players can break their contracts. Slavery is not allowed. The price for breaking their contract is sitting out a year.

For most hs players, early signing is a plus since they can get the anxiety of recruiting behind them and focus on graduating. If players were allowed to break those contracts, there would be chaos. Players should sign with a school, not a coach. If they aren't sure they should not sign and take their chances a spot will still be open later on.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alky, cool it or you’re going on yet another vacation. The GMD crack was over the line.
You’ve got to @ me or quote me. I didn’t see this for over 24 hrs. FTR, it wasn’t a GMD crack. I liked the guy, and wish he was still around. I wouldn’t crack on him. That’s just ridiculous.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
"To review: millionaire coaches can switch schools when and how they’d like — even twice in one month! — but high school athletes who were pressured into early commitments are tied to their schools."

This is not accurate. The coaches have to pay a penalty to break the contract, millions of dollars for elite coaches. In some cases, their new teams will pay the penalty. Some lower tier coaches get trapped by long-term contracts they cannot afford to break. The players can break their contracts. Slavery is not allowed. The price for breaking their contract is sitting out a year.

For most hs players, early signing is a plus since they can get the anxiety of recruiting behind them and focus on graduating. If players were allowed to break those contracts, there would be chaos. Players should sign with a school, not a coach. If they aren't sure they should not sign and take their chances a spot will still be open later on.

I don't disagree with either of your points. A player should always be choosing a school, not coach(certainly not a coordinator). And I don't think there needs to be, or will be any changes to the players and their being locked in. The more we cave on that, the more these kids will just approach the whole recruiting process as a joke,which we're already seeing.

I just wonder how many of these cases it will take before there's a backlash. We could have 2 or more this year. To the first point, I've always felt that he NCAA kind of looks the other way in these resigning/firings because the player gets at least partially what they signed on for in terms of staff. The fact that some of these kids will never even see that coach again is pretty extreme, imo.

So basically, I don't think they'll relax restrictions on transfers. Rather, I think that if this becomes an annual thing, and especially if a bigger name like Saban gets burned(like the Safety he lost back to Mich this year), it may kill the ESD.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You’ve got to @ me or quote me. I didn’t see this for over 24 hrs. FTR, it wasn’t a GMD crack. I liked the guy, and wish he was still around. I wouldn’t crack on him. That’s just ridiculous.
Had nothing to do with GMD personally, you want him to change places with someone who is dead. You know exactly what you were doing.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@stefan_adams305: BREAKING: Major Applewhite will be named the new offensive coordinator at Miami, multiple sources tell @CanesInSight

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.